Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are our major flaws??

Default What are our major flaws??

Our passing hasn't been good: Is that our O-line being terrible? Is Matt Cassel just not that good? Is it the fact that our #1 round pick hasn't played?

Our secondary is being picked apart including when Berry played: Does our secondary suck? Do Qb's have too much time to throw the ball because our we can't pressure the QB?

If you were Haley what would you do now? You lost Berry and you lost Charles.

My feelings are Matt Cassel is still the same guy when has options he is good. He is not Big Ben,Brady, or Manning in that he can't make something out of nothing but if he has an open receiver and he has enough time to throw he usually makes a good decision. I don't think he has a lot of power or accuracy on deep throws but in 25 yards and less he's usually good. I think we should stick with Cassel, beef up our line, be more creative on our play calls because when we aren't so 1 dimensional we actually do well. I would draft a QB next year but I'd draft a LT first and move Albert to guard.

When Cassel had a barely adequate O line last year he lit it up. The O and D line are the beginning and end of are problem. Give Cassel and the receivers time and they will put up huge numbers again and score like crazy. Have some pressure on opposing QB's and the secondary can start to clamp down on the opponents receivers. It all begins and ends with our terrible lines. We have enough decent players(not superstars yet) to win and contend. But the O and D line are too weak to support our team right now. It is that simple.

Right now we are so bad I think you could point fingers at just about anyone.

The major flaw is the same as it's been since Haley and Pioli took over. They have failed on the offensive line over and over. Cassel needs a solid line to make his decisions that arguably take a little too long, Jones needs a bigger crease to get up field and we simply cannot provide that. Once the offense starts working and the defense is not playing 40 minutes a game I would be surprised if the d line needs much. I'd be in favor of going to a 4-3 at this point just to see how our guys fared.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The major flaw is the same as it's been since Haley and Pioli took over. They have failed on the offensive line over and over.
    Agreed. At least they tried to fix the DL, even if they failed. I don't understand why they won't fix the OL. Even if Asamoah and Hudson are our LG and C of the future, we just don't have the OTs to protect our QB. Why won't the draft an elite LT or at least a real RT. WHY?!

Major flaws?

1. We suck on Offense.

2. We suck on Defense.

3. We suck on Special Teams.

4. We suck at coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Agreed. At least they tried to fix the DL, even if they failed. I don't understand why they won't fix the OL. Even if Asamoah and Hudson are our LG and C of the future, we just don't have the OTs to protect our QB. Why won't the draft an elite LT or at least a real RT. WHY?!
    Those elites cost$$$

Q: What are our major flaws??

A: Anything football related?

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The major flaw is the same as it's been since Haley and Pioli took over. They have failed on the offensive line over and over. Cassel needs a solid line to make his decisions that arguably take a little too long, Jones needs a bigger crease to get up field and we simply cannot provide that. Once the offense starts working and the defense is not playing 40 minutes a game I would be surprised if the d line needs much. I'd be in favor of going to a 4-3 at this point just to see how our guys fared.
    ^^^ THIS!

I thought a long time ago if everyone is doing 3-4 why not go 4-3? Everyone is jockeying after all the same players. Plus Dorsey is built for a 4-3! I know, I know Beli is moving there so I could just be stealing his idea but if everyone is doing something one way there's got to be a just as good or better way to do it. Right?

I'd blow up the D, at least then we'd have a reason for getting lit up other than they're tired because they've been running sprints all damn game.

We wouldnt have to blow up the defense to try this. Our draft picks on the line all played in a 4-3 base in college.

LDE - Tyson Jackson
    LT - Glenn Dorsey
    RT - Jerrell Powe
    RDE - Allen Bailey

Will - Tamba Hali
    Mike - DJ
    Sam - Justin Houston

Our secondary is fine when all the pieces are there, like everywhere we need quality depth.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast