Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I was run off this board...

Default I was run off this board...

for thinking the Chiefs would do bad this year. So those who ran me off now are agreeing with me? Really all it took was to not use the rose colored glasses and see we did nothing to improve this team in the offseason, tough schedule and wow I can't even begin to talk about how horrible a coach Haley is. Last year was a fluke with that easy schedule. Honestly though I didn't expect us to lose to Buffalo but did think we would lose to Detroit I also did not think we would be this bad either. WE stink! Haley is as good as gone at the end of the year if not sooner and what to do with Pioli? Guess we are stuck with him much like we were with Carl and his 5 year plan (20 years)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    for thinking the Chiefs would do bad this year. So those who ran me off now are agreeing with me? Really all it took was to not use the rose colored glasses and see we did nothing to improve this team in the offseason, tough schedule and wow I can't even begin to talk about how horrible a coach Haley is. Last year was a fluke with that easy schedule. Honestly though I didn't expect us to lose to Buffalo but did think we would lose to Detroit I also did not think we would be this bad either. WE stink! Haley is as good as gone at the end of the year if not sooner and what to do with Pioli? Guess we are stuck with him much like we were with Carl and his 5 year plan (20 years)
    How exactly is playing 17 NFL teams....easy? I'm so sick of hearing that I can't stand it. Don't know who "ran" you off, but I hope they do it a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    First off you were NOT ran off this board you chose to leave.

And last year was no fluke. NO divison winner in the NFL is a fluke. We won a divison that had the number 1 team on offense and defense last year. They played the NFC West to. We won all 4 they only won 2. They were NOT a weak team and we beat them. That's no fluke. As much as you don't want to give credit where credit is due to Haley and Pioli you can't change those FACTS.

So far your right we stink. The year is not over and it seems it's going to be a LONG season. And if that does turn out to be the Case then some changes will be made and they will be needed. But I will say again. To do anther complete overhaul is STUPID. And will only take it longer to be a competive team. Sometimes things just don't go your way in a year. But overgoing a 100% overhaul is not the right thing to do. Haley goes if things don't get better but we are going to stick with Piloi hate to tell you that
    If it wasn't a fluke and we were a good team and have the same players then what is the excuse? Herm took the Chiefs to the playoffs his first year, you didn't think that was a fluke or was he really a good coach? Fact: San Diego was missing two of their better players at the start of the year due to holdouts. Fact we had an easy schedule who cares what other teams schedules were. Is it a fact we are going to stay with Pioli? You could be right but more likey we are stuck with him and only having one good draft out of three with no good free agents brought in isn't going to cut and is why we still stink. STILL too many holes to fill. It is like we fill one hole that is leaking water and another one or two show up. The ship is still going down. FACT.

If it wasn't a fluke and we were a good team and have the same players then what is the excuse? Herm took the Chiefs to the playoffs his first year, you didn't think that was a fluke or was he really a good coach? Fact: San Diego was missing two of their better players at the start of the year due to holdouts. Fact we had an easy schedule who cares what other teams schedules were. Is it a fact we are going to stay with Pioli? You could be right but more likey we are stuck with him and only having one good draft out of three with no good free agents brought in isn't going to cut and is why we still stink. STILL too many holes to fill. It is like we fill one hole that is leaking water and another one or two show up. The ship is still going down. FACT.

FACT again CHARGERS played the NFC west last year to. US 4-0 them 2-2 Keep ignoreing that all you want but it's a FACT.

What about late in the year when the Chargers lost to the bengals. Whats the excuse there?

And Bad drafts? Eric berry, Tony M, Mccluster who did a fine job today, Arenas who gave us field postion on a number of returns and plays on the d, Justin Houston a rookie who is doing ok so far but hes a rookie, Baldwin can't say he hasn't played yet. Look i agree that Jackson wasnt a good pick. EVERY gm will pick a bust. But Lets not pretend our drafts have been horrible. We have got some good young players. That will get better with time. You make it sound like Pioli has been year for years and years. This is year 3. He came in a took over 2-14 team. This team is FAR better then what it was in 08.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

FACT again CHARGERS played the NFC west last year to. US 4-0 them 2-2 Keep ignoreing that all you want but it's a FACT.

What about late in the year when the Chargers lost to the bengals. Whats the excuse there?

And Bad drafts? Eric berry, Tony M, Mccluster who did a fine job today, Arenas who gave us field postion on a number of returns and plays on the d, Justin Houston a rookie who is doing ok so far but hes a rookie, Baldwin can't say he hasn't played yet. Look i agree that Jackson wasnt a good pick. EVERY gm will pick a bust. But Lets not pretend our drafts have been horrible. We have got some good young players. That will get better with time. You make it sound like Pioli has been year for years and years. This is year 3. He came in a took over 2-14 team. This team is FAR better then what it was in 08.
    Couldn't agree more. We certainly have some good young players that will only get better. When you lose three impact players, Berry, Moeaki, Charles to season ending injuries it's going to affect a team. I trust Pioli and think he has made good moves and made this team better. Is Haley a good coach? We'll certainly find out this season. Good coaches will fight through adversity and shine. It looks like this season is going to be a struggle for the Chiefs. Can Haley pull this team together and make them competitive? One of my biggest concerns is Cassell. I have yet to see him make a clutch play with the game on the line and it makes me wonder if he has that characteristic in him.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

This team is far better than 08? We will see but I am not so sure. Just because players are young doesn't translate into they will be good either, that seems to be a common mistake with many. They assume they will get better. So you named about one player a year we have drafted that might be good most of them actually came in 2010. I honestly don't see a 160 lb running back hold up in the NFL either....yes I can see the current stats but long term it is just stupid. As far as Baldwin he didn't want to listen to coaches in preseason much like college and he was as advertised...A DIVA.

Yes you can point out our fluke year last year and like I said if we were that good it should carry over into this year. RIGHT? If McCluster is as good as you say then you can't use J. Charles getting hurt as an excuse then. Berry wouldn't have made a difference in the first two games but I am sure this will be the excuse at the end of the year for our bad season. That is all this team has been for about 5 years now is an excuse. When you lose excuses are used. Rebuilding is an excuse to lose. Anyhow Fact is we were not that good last year, we did nothing to improve this year and are not getting anywhere. You must like mediocrity. I sure don't. I have found a board where members are more realistic and don't have sugar plums dancing around in their heads. LOL. Kind of nice to talk to people who see things for what they are. :)

This team is far better than 08? We will see but I am not so sure. Just because players are young doesn't translate into they will be good either, that seems to be a common mistake with many. They assume they will get better. So you named about one player a year we have drafted that might be good most of them actually came in 2010. I honestly don't see a 160 lb running back hold up in the NFL either....yes I can see the current stats but long term it is just stupid. As far as Baldwin he didn't want to listen to coaches in preseason much like college and he was as advertised...A DIVA.

Yes you can point out our fluke year last year and like I said if we were that good it should carry over into this year. RIGHT? If McCluster is as good as you say then you can't use J. Charles getting hurt as an excuse then. Berry wouldn't have made a difference in the first two games but I am sure this will be the excuse at the end of the year for our bad season. That is all this team has been for about 5 years now is an excuse. When you lose excuses are used. Rebuilding is an excuse to lose. Anyhow Fact is we were not that good last year, we did nothing to improve this year and are not getting anywhere. You must like mediocrity. I sure don't. I have found a board where members are more realistic and don't have sugar plums dancing around in their heads. LOL. Kind of nice to talk to people who see things for what they are. :)
    5 years this team has been rebuilding is true BUT you act like Pioli has been here for that long. This is year 3 with him. FORGET what happend before that. HE CAN'T Be held accountable to what Herm and Carl did. It's just how it is.

Eric Berry went to the pro bowl last year. Tony M set the Chiefs rookie record for a te last year. A record over the best te of all time Tony G. Mccluster might not be able to hold up long term. But that's not what he was brought in to do. It's just what we fell into this year. We did not Plan for Charles to go down. He did. Next guy has to step in. For us thats inpart Mccluseter. Who again did a good job. And has had moments. He's only in his 2nd year. Houston is starting for us as a rookie. There are a number of picks from the last couple of years that are doing a fairly nice job for us. All you can do is bring up Tyson Jackson. Baldwin got in a fight that's not all his fault. Thomas Jones shares in the blame. He has not been able to play yet. When he does he might be a bust or he might be able to help this team. We won't know until he plays. You can't say he was a horrible pick just yet.

I don't like mediocrity at all. But you need to learn to show a little patience with the younger players. If all gms were like you Peyton manning would have been ran out of the NFL after his rookie year. I don't call what he has done mediocrity. Tyson Jackson I will grant you has not panned out. But that doesn't mean the others won't.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

This statement makes me want to shoot myself.

5 years this team has been rebuilding is true BUT you act like Pioli has been here for that long. This is year 3 with him. FORGET what happend before that. HE CAN'T Be held accountable to what Herm and Carl did. It's just how it is.

Eric Berry went to the pro bowl last year. Tony M set the Chiefs rookie record for a te last year. A record over the best te of all time Tony G. Mccluster might not be able to hold up long term. But that's not what he was brought in to do. It's just what we fell into this year. We did not Plan for Charles to go down. He did. Next guy has to step in. For us thats inpart Mccluseter. Who again did a good job. And has had moments. He's only in his 2nd year. Houston is starting for us as a rookie. There are a number of picks from the last couple of years that are doing a fairly nice job for us. All you can do is bring up Tyson Jackson. Baldwin got in a fight that's not all his fault. Thomas Jones shares in the blame. He has not been able to play yet. When he does he might be a bust or he might be able to help this team. We won't know until he plays. You can't say he was a horrible pick just yet.

I don't like mediocrity at all. But you need to learn to show a little patience with the younger players. If all gms were like you Peyton manning would have been ran out of the NFL after his rookie year. I don't call what he has done mediocrity. Tyson Jackson I will grant you has not panned out. But that doesn't mean the others won't.
    Ok so Pioli is in his 3rd year and how is the team looking? He was claimed to be a great talent evaluator so what happened on the Tyson Jackson pick? Baldwin? Moeaki was known to be injury prone when drafted how is he looking this year? If McCluster is so good why don't we give it to him 20+ times a game? 160 lb RB in the NFL? LOL! Seems like Herm/Peterson drafted better than Pioli/Haley. Charles, Carr, Flowers, Bowe, Hali, Dorsey. Not saying Herm was a good coach but a better talent evaluator than Pioli obviously. I do agree that Pioli is probably here to stay, Clark would lose millions firing him and hiring someone else at this point. And as we can see Clark likes to save as much money as possible. :)

Ok so Pioli is in his 3rd year and how is the team looking? He was claimed to be a great talent evaluator so what happened on the Tyson Jackson pick? Baldwin? Moeaki was known to be injury prone when drafted how is he looking this year? If McCluster is so good why don't we give it to him 20+ times a game? 160 lb RB in the NFL? LOL! Seems like Herm/Peterson drafted better than Pioli/Haley. Charles, Carr, Flowers, Bowe, Hali, Dorsey. Not saying Herm was a good coach but a better talent evaluator than Pioli obviously. I do agree that Pioli is probably here to stay, Clark would lose millions firing him and hiring someone else at this point. And as we can see Clark likes to save as much money as possible. :)

Moeaki set a rookie record for the chiefs for a rookie record for the Chiefs in catches. That includes Tony G. Yes he got hurt. But It will take more then one injury before I say he can't stand up and play in the NFL. Mccluster probley can't stand up to 20 touches a game. But that's NOT what he was drafted to do. That's something that came up AFTER Charles went down. No gm sits there on draft day saying we are going to have 3 acl tears in 3 weeks so i better get this guy. Baldwin has not even seen the field in a real game. Yes that's part his fault but when one has not seen the field you can't really say there a bust.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Three games in which he has not yet been cleared to play is a measuring tool for a draft pick's value?

FAIL again.

Moeaki broke The Chiefs' record for receptions last year, and was a late third round pick.

So far, Moeaki gets chalked up as a decent choice.

Jackson is all you have. And even that is still arguable.

McCluster, Berry, Arenas, Asamoah, Moeaki, K. Lewis, all count to the positive side at this point, and the entire 2011 draft stays on the "IT's BEEN THREE GAMES!!!" list.

Four to seven seasons is plenty of time for a player to prove himself.

Three games, to two seasons is a whole lot less, now isn't it?

While I actually suspect that Pioli is not some amazing judge of college talent, it is far to soon to try and say that anything he has done here proves it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast