Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: With the #1 Pick..What I'm affraid might happen...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default With the #1 Pick..What I'm affraid might happen...


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm usually the optimistic Chiefs fan always trying to find something positive that has came from a bad situation the Chiefs have gotten themselves into. For Pete's sake, I'm a fan that after moving out of the KC market (down south) Found a way to not miss a game in the 2 seasons I was away, even when we were down and out in the sad Herm era's...

    And after two abysmal performances, against two I hate to say it but the only positive thing I can think of that has came out of these two games is that, At least Charles won't take the beating during a season that is going to be pointless. (I would like to see his career last longer, and hope he does get to compete for a championship, he deserves it)

    And this brings me to all the talk about us landing the #1 pick in the draft (which I would normally say is way to early to be even thinking about, but...well, you've all seen what's going on.)

    I used to believe in how Pioli and Haley were building this team, but with all organizations I firmly believe that it all starts from the top, and works it's way down, I thought they were spreading a winning attitude; but I have since realized they have spread their ego's. Pioli still lives in his Patriot Past, he gets a high on remembering that he was part of a staff that found a diamond in the rough in Tom Brady, and was a part of 3 Super bowls in 4 seasons....But what he hasn't realized, is that they aren't missing him back on the east coast. The Pats have remained a dominant AFC team since Pioli's departures, the team has continued to work the draft well, finding cheap young talent, and still make similar free agent moves that they did (Haynesworth, Ochocinco)....Making the the truth surface, that Pioli didn't make all that much difference when he was there (It's all Billy Bob Belichik). The main thing pioli gained from being in New England was an ego. His idea is that his way, is better than what everyone else does, and that he is going to build his team "his way" A LA' Tyson Jackson. (I loved the Berry pick, but to be hones his first draft here was horrible reaching for a mid 1st round talent with the #3 overall pick, using our 2nd to land Cassel and Vrabel (who isn't playing anymore) and our 3rd round pick isn't even with the team either, and this years draft is questionable until further evaluation). Pioli drafted Jackson #3 overall beacuse "it's not what anyone else would do, it was his way..." and Although I love the Berry pick, he picked him #5 overall because "most people don't take safeties that high"

    Which now brings me to what I am afraid will happen....

    If we are fortunate enough to land the #1 overall pick in next years draft, and are in a position to draft Andrew Luck (talked about as being the best QB prospect since John Elway) I hope Pioli's ego does not take over, and tell him to go against conventional wisdom like it usually does and either trade the pick, or pass on Luck and draft another player.

    I could honestly see Pioli look to trade the #1 pick to stockpile picks and gain the large quantity of picks. 1 reason being his ego, and another being that he would not be able to admit he was wrong about Cassel being an elite QB (I love Cassel, I wish he could be better, I think he can with the right system, and players around him, but the chance to land a Franchise QB that would produce for 10+ years is a once in a decade chance that we can't pass up)

    I hope he looks at quality, and not quantity. and to be honest, with the individual young talent that we have on this team. If we could land a franchise QB, and 2 other quality starters with our 2nd and 3rd round picks... by the time Luck is ready to take the step to Elite... our young core guys we have right now will be more experience and disciplined, and allow us to compete for a championship.

    Please Pioli and Haley, set your ego's aside.... Any thoughts?? (sorry for the extremely long post)

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,068
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I like it. your post, that is.(rep) Not the mess that is going on now with our Chiefs. IF we are in the position to draft Mr. Luck, I say pull the trigger and keep on firing. Absoluelty DO NOT TRY to parlay draft picks if this comes to fruition! As you stated above, Mr. Pioli is not Belichik, leave the parlaying to him. You would have to be a complete imbecile to pass on this guy(Luck)


  3. #3
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I'm usually the optimistic Chiefs fan always trying to find something positive that has came from a bad situation the Chiefs have gotten themselves into. For Pete's sake, I'm a fan that after moving out of the KC market (down south) Found a way to not miss a game in the 2 seasons I was away, even when we were down and out in the sad Herm era's...

    And after two abysmal performances, against two I hate to say it but the only positive thing I can think of that has came out of these two games is that, At least Charles won't take the beating during a season that is going to be pointless. (I would like to see his career last longer, and hope he does get to compete for a championship, he deserves it)

    And this brings me to all the talk about us landing the #1 pick in the draft (which I would normally say is way to early to be even thinking about, but...well, you've all seen what's going on.)

    I used to believe in how Pioli and Haley were building this team, but with all organizations I firmly believe that it all starts from the top, and works it's way down, I thought they were spreading a winning attitude; but I have since realized they have spread their ego's. Pioli still lives in his Patriot Past, he gets a high on remembering that he was part of a staff that found a diamond in the rough in Tom Brady, and was a part of 3 Super bowls in 4 seasons....But what he hasn't realized, is that they aren't missing him back on the east coast. The Pats have remained a dominant AFC team since Pioli's departures, the team has continued to work the draft well, finding cheap young talent, and still make similar free agent moves that they did (Haynesworth, Ochocinco)....Making the the truth surface, that Pioli didn't make all that much difference when he was there (It's all Billy Bob Belichik). The main thing pioli gained from being in New England was an ego. His idea is that his way, is better than what everyone else does, and that he is going to build his team "his way" A LA' Tyson Jackson. (I loved the Berry pick, but to be hones his first draft here was horrible reaching for a mid 1st round talent with the #3 overall pick, using our 2nd to land Cassel and Vrabel (who isn't playing anymore) and our 3rd round pick isn't even with the team either, and this years draft is questionable until further evaluation). Pioli drafted Jackson #3 overall beacuse "it's not what anyone else would do, it was his way..." and Although I love the Berry pick, he picked him #5 overall because "most people don't take safeties that high"

    Which now brings me to what I am afraid will happen....

    If we are fortunate enough to land the #1 overall pick in next years draft, and are in a position to draft Andrew Luck (talked about as being the best QB prospect since John Elway) I hope Pioli's ego does not take over, and tell him to go against conventional wisdom like it usually does and either trade the pick, or pass on Luck and draft another player.

    I could honestly see Pioli look to trade the #1 pick to stockpile picks and gain the large quantity of picks. 1 reason being his ego, and another being that he would not be able to admit he was wrong about Cassel being an elite QB (I love Cassel, I wish he could be better, I think he can with the right system, and players around him, but the chance to land a Franchise QB that would produce for 10+ years is a once in a decade chance that we can't pass up)

    I hope he looks at quality, and not quantity. and to be honest, with the individual young talent that we have on this team. If we could land a franchise QB, and 2 other quality starters with our 2nd and 3rd round picks... by the time Luck is ready to take the step to Elite... our young core guys we have right now will be more experience and disciplined, and allow us to compete for a championship.

    Please Pioli and Haley, set your ego's aside.... Any thoughts?? (sorry for the extremely long post)
    I really don't think we'll be bad enough for the first pick. Not with the Colts looking like an 0-16 contender. We'll gut out three or four wins. And if we do finish with 1 or 2 wins and get the first pick, Hunt will overrule everyone and draft Luck. Just for the extra revenue a legit national star would bring.

    The question is what we'll do if we draft 2-5. Do we go for Barkley or another top QB prospect, or do we go Kalil and gut out another season of Cassel. My bet is the second.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I really don't think we'll be bad enough for the first pick. Not with the Colts looking like an 0-16 contender. We'll gut out three or four wins. And if we do finish with 1 or 2 wins and get the first pick, Hunt will overrule everyone and draft Luck. Just for the extra revenue a legit national star would bring.

    The question is what we'll do if we draft 2-5. Do we go for Barkley or another top QB prospect, or do we go Kalil and gut out another season of Cassel. My bet is the second.
    A little early to be talking about it, but if the Colts do end up with the first round pick and hte Chiefs are second, Luck will still be on the board unless the Colts trade the pick. The Colts will not draft a QB in the first round with more serviceable years available from Manning.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    105
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 6

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'd be ok with trading the pick for the right price and drafting Moore or Barkley.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    105
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 6

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    A little early to be talking about it, but if the Colts do end up with the first round pick and hte Chiefs are second, Luck will still be on the board unless the Colts trade the pick. The Colts will not draft a QB in the first round with more serviceable years available from Manning.
    I think it depends on Manning's health. If they think he'll be serviceable for a few more years they probably won't draft Luck.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    A little early to be talking about it, but if the Colts do end up with the first round pick and hte Chiefs are second, Luck will still be on the board unless the Colts trade the pick. The Colts will not draft a QB in the first round with more serviceable years available from Manning.
    The Colts will absolutely draft Luck if he is there. They have no illusions that Manning will ever be back to normal. They'll sit him behind Manning for a couple years and thank God that they're lucky enough to get a once-in-a-generation QB prospect twice in a row.

Similar Threads

  1. Most Likely To Happen
    By Vanilla Garilla in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 05:48 PM
  2. Could it happen?
    By okikcfan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 01:29 AM
  3. Miracles happen??
    By tammietailgator in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 01:47 AM
  4. Do you think this will happen?
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •