Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Over Yet

Default Not Over Yet

Back for the first time in like 2 years haha. Just had to talk about the Chiefs with someone. Out here in Afghan everyone likes the freaking steelers and pats.

So what I see is a terrible first 2 games. (obviously.) But the season is not even close to being over yet. If Dexter can somehow get himself to play like he played in college and come into his own, then the season isn't even close to being over.

In my opinion the season falls onto the shoulders of 2 players. Matt Cassel and Dexter McCluster.
    Cassel has a decent array of weapons around him. Breaston is a good player. Not great but good. Once triple B (Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin) gets going i think they could be a very good trio. Cassel needs to make better decisions. That is obvious. He is just trying to hard. He needs to relax, read the coverage and start doing what I think he has the ability to do.
    I'm not a huge Cassel fan but I still think he has a chance to save this season.
    As stated earlier McCluster needs to make some plays running the ball. Thomas is a good reliable player but not as reliable as he used to and he has definitely slowed down. Ease McCluster into the running game next game, then get him more touches game 4. Don't forget he is a guy that can make catches out of the backfield. Throw some screens into the mix. Hopefully he can make it to where we can manage to miss Charles for the season and then next season him and Charles together can tear it up.

Todd Haley. Touchy subject, but I still like him. I think he needs to work with Muir and balance out the gameplan more. They have been passing way too much. Obviously we are no longer a run first team with Jamal out but with LeRon, Thomas, and Dexter you still have a better backfield than other teams in the league.

The Defense is struggling. Losing Berry was a HUGE hit. Like Charles there is no true replacement for him. McGraw needs to step up. He has been with this team for a long time and now is his chance to prove he has deserved to be on this team for so long. Flowers, Hali, and Johnson need to step up and be leaders and help this defense to get playing at a higher level that we now they can.

Thats my opinion. If you think i'm crazy then call me crazy. What do ya think?

It's not over, but the obese woman is clearing her throat. We will most likely lose badly to SD, BUT if we can hang in the game and not get blown out from the first play, I think we can end up with a decent season-like maybe six wins.

She might be, but she hasn't started yet. I don't think we will lose that bad to SD, in fact I think people will be pleasantly surprised. Especially with Matt Cassel.

I went to the game in S.D last year when they got pounded. They are worse this year. Sure Brodie Croyle played in that game but they had the rest of the roster and got killed. I don't see 2011 Matt doing any better. Hope your right though.

This year can be salvaged! No playoffs, but at least something halfway respectable. We just need some of our younger players to step up and say "OK, some stars are down, this is my chance to step up and show how good I can be". All lot of our players overperformed last year. We need people to do it again.

"it ain't over till its over" but right now we are an ocean liner about to hit an iceberg
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

All I know is that we're going to lose this weekend. Wish we weren't and if we don't hey I'll be the first to put my foot in my mouth. Past that if we don't have some wins up by the time we get to the bye week I'm going to doubt that we'll get one the rest of the season. Before the bye week we have (SD, Vikings, Colts).

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    All I know is that we're going to lose this weekend. Wish we weren't and if we don't hey I'll be the first to put my foot in my mouth. Past that if we don't have some wins up by the time we get to the bye week I'm going to doubt that we'll get one the rest of the season. Before the bye week we have (SD, Vikings, Colts).
    I'm too much of a to go that far to say we are going to lose. I'll always hope to win, my ears might be full of sand, so be it.

Stay safe over there Brother!

We need a Defense in a bad way. without the ability to put any pressure on a QB, we're in for a long ride. It's a problem we've had for a way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    "it ain't over till its over" but right now we are an ocean liner about to hit an iceberg
    I'd even say we have hit that iceberg already. A couple of them, in fact.

Now we have to stop and see how bad the damage is, and if we can find a way to get this thing running again, or if we need to abandon ship.

Myself, I don't think the damage is as bad as it looks. But we will have to try and avoid hitting any more bergs, as we chart our way though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast