Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Please Read! Important Facts To Consider

Default Please Read! Important Facts To Consider

I saw this posted on a FB group. I want you all to read this. This sold me on why we should draft AL if we can:

The last time the Cheifs won a Super Bowl, they were QB'd by a first round draft choice (Len Dawson)

Last year, there were 12 teams in the playoffs. 10 of them had 1st round draft choices starting for them at QB

Last season, the Chiefs were 7-1 VS teams that did NOT have a 1st round draft choice starting at QB. They were 3-6 VS teams that did have a 1st round draft choice at QB. Of those 3 wins, one was against the rookie Sam Bradford, one was against the bust Alex Smith, and one was agianst Philip Rivers at home on Monday night in a downpour.

In their last 4 playoff games, the Chiefs have lost to Joe Flacco, Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning again, and John Elway. all first round draft choices.

In fact, in the ENTIRE playoff history of the team since the merger, the ONLY Playoff win the team has VS. a QB drafted in the first round was against the Raiders and Todd Marinovich.

Last season, the Green Bay Packers won the superbowl AFTER they lost their starting RB and starting TE to season ending injuries early in the season. They also lost signifigant players at other positions to injury and were near the top if not at the top of players missing games due to injury. They had 1st round draft pick, Aaron Rodgers at QB.

The Colts are all healthy except for Peyton Manning.....anyone seen the colts this year yet? The pretty much suck without him.

Since the Merger, there have been 19 QB's drafted 1st overall. Here they are in order:
    1970 Terry Bradshaw
    1971 Jim Plunkett
    1975 Steve Bartkowski
    1983 John Elway
    1987 Vinny Testeverde
    1989 Troy Aikman
    1990 Jeff George
    1993 Drew Bledsoe
    1998 Peyton Manning
    1999 Tim Couch
    2001 Micael Vick
    2002 David Carr
    2003 Carson Palmer
    2004 Eli Manning
    2005 Alex Smith
    2007 JaMarcus Russel
    2009 Matt Stafford
    2010 Sam Bradford
    2011 Cam Newton

Lot's of star power there....and these are just the guys who went no.1 overall.

Matt Cassel went 11-5 for New England in 2008. In the 11 games they won that year, these were the QB's they defeated:
    Damon Huard.
    Brett Favre with the Jets throwing 25 pics
    J.T O'Sullivan starting for the 49ers.
    Jay Cutler during the horrible season that got Mike Shanahan fired
    Marc Bulger of the Rams on a bad Rams team.
    Trent Edwards of the horrible Buffalo Bills TWICE!
    Chad Pennington of the Dolphins...after 2 shoulder surgeries.
    Seneca Wallace....starting for the Seahawks because Hasselbeck was injured weeks before.
    JaMarcus Russel and the Raiders....and
    Curt Warner....during a blizzard where Warner couldn't throw and the Cardinals couldn't run either.

If EVER there was a gravy train to a 67 Million Dollar contract, this was it....taking all those weapons on New England, and having to win 11 games VS that? The 1991 Dave Krieg Cheifs would have won all 11 of those EASY. By the way of their 5 Losses, one was to old Brett Favre, another to Peyton Manning, another to Ben Roethlisberger and another to Phillip Rivers.

Matt Cassel completes less than 60% of his passes. Matt Cassel was last in the NFL in yards per attempt. The Chiefs are limted because they CAN'T throw down field. The Chiefs were 1st in the NFL in rushing last year. They only scored 13 rushing TD's. The Colts were 29th in the NFL in rushing last year. They also only scored 29 rushing TD's. 11 of Matt Cassels 27 TD's were under 10 yards. This suggests that they either couldn't run it in, or they let Matt throw it in to prop up his numbers.

Since 1989 we have used Steve Pelluer, Steve Deberg, Dave Krieg, Joe Montana, Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, Trent Green(who was good in Vermiels system for sure), Damon Huard, Brody Croyle, Tyler Thigpen and Matt Cassel as our starting QB's

...I could go on and on.....but crunch on these for a while and think about why it might not be a bad idea to want that no.1 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Sounds about right; Haley hasn't gotten along with any decent OC since he's been here which has, really, been my only knock on him to this point. The fact that he was ticked off at him for the shellacking he laid on us in the last game had everything to do with it I'm sure.
    I am sure this is a product of Haley wanting the offense run his way. Being a former Offensive Coordinator himself, I am sure he has an idea of the kind of offense he wants to run and is looking for an OC to run that exact system.

The problem is that nobody else is Todd Haley, communication does not seem to be Haley's strong point and I am sure that an OC who comes in wants to win games and has his own ideas on how to do that.

Haley is not OC anymore, he is the head coach and he needs to fill that roll. If he is getting involved directly in the play calling and relieving the OC because he does not like the plays called, then he needs to step out, he is not a good enough coach to be both HC and OC. I don't think he is good enough at the moment to even be HC.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Kiper Jr. just said on sportscenter that KC would be the best fit for Luck. McShay said the dolphins....
    There was a time i was hard on Cassel.

It's time we move on from Cassell - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

There was a time when I thought Cassel proved himself.

A Cassell Hating thread!!!!! - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

One thing hasn't changed since the day he was hired. I FN HATE TODD HALEY.
    Head on a stick - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

And now I find that he may be the culprit in Weiss leaving (whos system made Cassel be successful). Anyway he has no business being a HC. He is offensive minded only.

Now getting back to the thread subject a lil. Drafting 1st round QBs just isn't the Chiefs way, so we need a breath of fresh air and to try something like that IMO [if we can].

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Now getting back to the thread subject a lil. Drafting 1st round QBs just isn't the Chiefs way, so we need a breath of fresh air and to try something like that IMO [if we can].
    Then again while everyone wanted Berry safeties weren't supposed to be drafted that high. I have a feeling we'll draft what we need and if Pioli and company think it's Luck then it'll be Luck. Honestly though unless we trade up to get him we won't be there. We'll have a few other teams that have worse records than us...or here's to hoping.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234