Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Great News!

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,162
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Great News!


    0 Not allowed!
    This is not Football related but as a Sports Fan well, this is Great News.




    Giants fan Bryan Stow speaks his first words since beating - Big League Stew - MLB*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    845
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, thats great news.
    Although, i sure hope thats a typo on his medical bills. To exceed 50 million? Thats insanity

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Pretty sad that something like this would happen. Great news he's getting better though.


    Was he a random victim?

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Pretty sad that something like this would happen. Great news he's getting better though.


    Was he a random victim?
    He went to a Dodgers game sporting Giants colors. He had some words with some guys in the stadium, remember Dodgers fans are the same as Raiders fans, so by definition, they cannot hold their liqour and they are beligerent when drunk.

    When he and his friends left the stadium, they were accosted by two men, one of the men cold-****ed Stow from behind, they said he was unconcious before he hit the ground, but the blow of his forehead against the pavement caused the damage, they then kicked and beat him before running away, like true Raiders fans, and leaving the scene.

    The other part of the good news is that they did find the guys and they have been arraigned for the altercation.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  5. #5
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    He went to a Dodgers game sporting Giants colors. He had some words with some guys in the stadium, remember Dodgers fans are the same as Raiders fans, so by definition, they cannot hold their liqour and they are beligerent when drunk.

    When he and his friends left the stadium, they were accosted by two men, one of the men cold-****ed Stow from behind, they said he was unconcious before he hit the ground, but the blow of his forehead against the pavement caused the damage, they then kicked and beat him before running away, like true Raiders fans, and leaving the scene.

    The other part of the good news is that they did find the guys and they have been arraigned for the altercation.
    Pretty weak link to Raider fans.

    Albeit, LA has no other team, except Chargers and Niners, near enough to call home teams.

    But most Raider fans have The A's and Giants.

    I don't know the whole story. But I will have to pass on the Raider link, unless there is some real information.

    But I doubt the police will be asking them that question in their interogations.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,047
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    there's just no place for this. makes us all look bad.
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Pretty weak link to Raider fans.

    Albeit, LA has no other team, except Chargers and Niners, near enough to call home teams.

    But most Raider fans have The A's and Giants.

    I don't know the whole story. But I will have to pass on the Raider link, unless there is some real information.

    But I doubt the police will be asking them that question in their interogations.
    Well I live out here in the LA area, and the same type of fan attended both Dodger and Raiders games. Sorry for the generalization, but there is a group of fans that do this kind of thing, and they gravitated, or maybe even got their start with the Raiders when the Raiders were in LA.

    Don't forget, there is still a huge fanbase of Raiders fans in the LA area, being in this area and having to deal with these people, generally speaking they are the same type.

    They go to the game, get drunk on one or two $8 beers and then want to fight with everyone who they think they can push around. If you happen to be wearing the wrong colored jersey, then it is a matter of numbers being on their side since they know most of the people around them are on their side and will not do anything to stop the abuse.

    I took my kids to a game where the Dodgers and Cardinals played, my sons were 7 and 8 at the time, and these fine citizens of the community hurled insults at my kids that included every possible name in the book. My 7 year old had to ask me what a ***** was for Pete's sake.

    They threw nachos, soda, beer, hotdogs, catsup packets and anything else they had in their hands at us. The security guards were no help as they were more scared of these animals than I was. Needless to say, I have never been back to another game and do not intend to go to another game.

    I have never seen that before anywhere else, and while I do not know for sure that these people were also Raiders fans, I do know the same mentality is displayed at Raiders games.

    You DO NOT see that at a Cardinals game, or a KC game.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Similar Threads

  1. Great news from Mile High!!!!
    By honda522 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-29-2009, 10:43 PM
  2. Great news out of Donkey land!!!
    By doobs_05 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 01:58 PM
  3. Great news from River Falls
    By Big Daddy Tek in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 10:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •