Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My goal for this week's game against the San Diego Chargers

Default My goal for this week's game against the San Diego Chargers

My goal is very simple, make them beat YOU! I know, pretty novel concept hey. But if you set aside all of the season ending injuries we've had this year(Siler, Moeaki, Berry, Charles, .....), none of them would have made a difference in the outcome of either game this year. When you turn the ball over 5 times a game you will NOT beat anyone. And we haven't. My goal for the day is to NOT turnover the ball and eliminate penalties.

If they want to get crazy and block and tackle, that would be great. If they want to try throwing a pass to Steve Breaston, well that would be nice but not even necessary in my book.

I guess I am just hoping they do the things that well coached teams do. If they accomplish these "little" things they won't get blown out and that will be step 1 in a long road to recovery.

We just need to get the little things right.

We also need to minimise the chargers offense effectiveness. That comes down to our defense.

PS. Isn't this similar to the game thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

My goal is very simple, make them beat YOU! I know, pretty novel concept hey. But if you set aside all of the season ending injuries we've had this year(Siler, Moeaki, Berry, Charles, .....), none of them would have made a difference in the outcome of either game this year. When you turn the ball over 5 times a game you will NOT beat anyone. And we haven't. My goal for the day is to NOT turnover the ball and eliminate penalties.

If they want to get crazy and block and tackle, that would be great. If they want to try throwing a pass to Steve Breaston, well that would be nice but not even necessary in my book.

I guess I am just hoping they do the things that well coached teams do. If they accomplish these "little" things they won't get blown out and that will be step 1 in a long road to recovery.
    So true Coach, although i do think Charles would have made a big difference in the Det. game. We were moving the ball well and Cassel would not have had to force some of thos horrible throws. But turnovers are killing us. Straighten that out and see what falls into place from there. I like the idea of Jones and McClain stuffin that ball down the Chargers throats all day!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I would love to see Cassel not running for his life again. At this point I'm not sure what the answer is but a running threat would help that's for certain. Easier said than done with this crew so far however. I don't know how many years we are going to have to discuss the fact that the O line breaks down and forces the QB to make bad decision and force the ball somewhere he doesn't want to or take a sack for a 12 yard loss. I'm not Scott Pioli and have a fairly limited amount of knowledge of football compared to him i'm sure but damn, after so many years of having a terrible O line, a person would think it would be first and foremost, number one, numero uno on the list of things to fix. Yes I know we won the division last year but in my mind that was more because of JC getting to the corner than the O line creating wholes. When you don't have arguably the best back in football running the ball each week, you have to count on an O line that can help an average back get yards.

ill be behind this
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

My goal is to win a damn game. The Chargers historically choke early in the season (they lost to Seattle last year). This is a winnable game if the offense can somehow move the ball. Plus Gates and Floyd are likely out. We will hopefully rolls some coverage over to Vincent Jackson's side.

My goal is to show SOMETHING. Show some life. Not just roll over and let the same thing happen that's happend the last two weeks. This team has to show some fight to be able to win. They can win this game. That Chargers have some injuries of there own. Injuries are no excuse. I say the chiefs just go out and win there next 14 games.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I would like to see some life and energy in our guys. At least have them come out on the field and look excited to play a sport and get paid millions for it. Even if we lose, but the guys play like they want to win would be a win in my book. Anymore towels on bowed heads and slumped shoulders and I'm going to puke.

Well for 59 minutes we accomplished what I had hoped for by not turning the ball over and including Breaston in the game plan. We had almost backed our way into overtime with a much more talented team. But missed field goals, and an incredibly bad pass into double coverage and we lose. Double coverage in the backfield I might add.

At least we didn't get embarassed by the 40 points I was expecting. And the Andrew Luck sweepstakes continues.

Im not surprised we lost. I figured we would. but we did see some life from the D this week. that stop on 4th an inche's at the end was a moral booster
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast