Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 4 vs Minnesota Vikings Official game thread.

Default Week 4 vs Minnesota Vikings Official game thread.

vs. Minnesota Vikings (sorry, Image isn't working for some reason.

Kansas City Chiefs are looking for their first win for the season and what better game to get your first win than in front of your home fans. Coming off a disappointing loss to the San Diego Chargers in Week 3, the Chiefs will certainly be eager to turn that around the poor loss and turn the embarrassing record of 0-3 and turn it into 1-3. Lets all get behind the Chiefs.

Minnesota Vikings at. Kansas City Chiefs 1:00pm Sunday October 2. Arrowhead Stadium.

Televised on FOX.

Radio 101 the Fox.

Discuss Pre-game predictions, play by play analysis, and post game discussion.

A must win game this week. We need to all get behind the .

It's gonna be the special first win for us, just as long we minimise stupid mistakes and penelties. :)

Bump.

Surely it's not that hard to look for a thread before you post. This is for PREDICTIONS and PRE-MATCH ANALYSIS. Give that there is 2 prediction's threads, surely it isn't that hard to look!

I won't get it here because Dallas is being covered by Fox at the same time and our Fox affiliate is out of Tulsa!
    Last edited by Chiefster; 09-30-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Ahhh, oklahoma, Land of the Cowboys! Gotta hate'em!

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Ahhh, oklahoma, Land of the Cowboys! Gotta hate'em!
    Eggsactly!

I to will be forced to watch it eleswhere as i live in a Rams market. I hate the damn rams.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

There are, in my esteem, two keys to victory. 1) Will Haley finally make the decision are we running team or a passing team? With the struggling O line, I see us better off as a passing team. Use the backs to shore up the line. Get the biggest bodies we have a RB and FB and just go and throw. Don't play action and don't screen. Lot's of slants and out of bounds line passes and an occasional pass down the middle to keep the DB's honest. 2) Motion stunts on the D line to keep Hali out of double and triple coverages and to give Johnson some seams. That, too me, is how we make up for the tremendous loss of key players.

Vikings fan here, thought I'd come here to share our strengths and weaknesses with you guys.

Donovan McNabb has been bad. I wouldn't say it's entirely his fault with our suspect pass protection but when given time he's been very inaccurate. A lot of one-hoppers and overthrown balls. The weakest spot on our offensive line would have to be our tackles. Our run blocking has been okay. AP is our only bright spot on offense.

Our receiving corps and TE's have been nothing to write home about either. I think it's a combination of not being able to get separation from DB's down field, O-line not giving McNabb time to get open and bad throws from McNabb.

Our D-Line has been very good. Allen and Robison pressuring the QB has been very successful thus far. Getting Kevin Williams back from his suspensions last week was also big.

Our LB's have been good against the run but are terrible in coverage over the middle. I believe 2 TE's have run up nearly 170 yards on them in the past 2 games.

DB's have been pretty solid for being on the field a lot of the time. Second year guy Chris Cook is a big DB and has been pretty good at keeping the best receivers down for the most part. He was able to keep Vincent Jackson to only 40 yards or so against SD and was one on one with Megatron for most of the game.

Special Teams has also been very solid.

In conclusion, we come out and play a very good 30 minutes of football usually playing excellent defense shutting down the opponents offense. We average 5-6 yards per carry from our running game. In the second half we fail to make adjustments and for some reason don't give the ball to our play makers (AP, Harvin). Stupid penalties are a problem as well.

Best of luck on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Vikings fan here, thought I'd come here to share our strengths and weaknesses with you guys.

Donovan McNabb has been bad. I wouldn't say it's entirely his fault with our suspect pass protection but when given time he's been very inaccurate. A lot of one-hoppers and overthrown balls. The weakest spot on our offensive line would have to be our tackles. Our run blocking has been okay. AP is our only bright spot on offense.

Our receiving corps and TE's have been nothing to write home about either. I think it's a combination of not being able to get separation from DB's down field, O-line not giving McNabb time to get open and bad throws from McNabb.

Our D-Line has been very good. Allen and Robison pressuring the QB has been very successful thus far. Getting Kevin Williams back from his suspensions last week was also big.

Our LB's have been good against the run but are terrible in coverage over the middle. I believe 2 TE's have run up nearly 170 yards on them in the past 2 games.

DB's have been pretty solid for being on the field a lot of the time. Second year guy Chris Cook is a big DB and has been pretty good at keeping the best receivers down for the most part. He was able to keep Vincent Jackson to only 40 yards or so against SD and was one on one with Megatron for most of the game.

Special Teams has also been very solid.

In conclusion, we come out and play a very good 30 minutes of football usually playing excellent defense shutting down the opponents offense. We average 5-6 yards per carry from our running game. In the second half we fail to make adjustments and for some reason don't give the ball to our play makers (AP, Harvin). Stupid penalties are a problem as well.

Best of luck on Sunday
    Great first post reply!

I think we're probably pretty evenly matched with an edge going to the Vikes. I think that home field "advantage" maybe our strongest asset at this point.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast