Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Breaston

Default Steve Breaston

6 catches for 88 yards this year. I recall one drop but it wasn't his fault because the ball placement was bad and the DB knocked it down.

Why isn't he being targeted more? He should be in the game plan. Instead, DMC is getting the ball all the time or Pope. I don't understand why we are trying to pretend to have Tony Gonzalez back cause we dont.

Breaston had an amazing catch the other day..
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    6 catches for 88 yards this year. I recall one drop but it wasn't his fault because the ball placement was bad and the DB knocked it down.

Why isn't he being targeted more? He should be in the game plan. Instead, DMC is getting the ball all the time or Pope. I don't understand why we are trying to pretend to have Tony Gonzalez back cause we dont.

Breaston had an amazing catch the other day..
    Why arent the receivers being targeted more in general?

Why are the Chiefs using Dexter McCluster like is our only weapon?

I believe the answers are that Haley does not trust Cassel enough to make those throws knowing that our offensive line won't prevent Cassel from being pressured, and they are calling safe plays in fear of turning the ball over.

Eventually you will see more passes going to the receivers, but only after the Chiefs realize that we can win throwing 3 yard passes to the Running backs, and dumping the ball of to the TE a yard short of the stick on 3rd down.

This team will change once we get Baldwin, Bowe and Breaston are realized. That already started in the second quarter last week.

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    Another 4 million dollar great decision by Pioli. Guy knows what hes doing...

:Rolls Eyes:
    Is this the single most important thought in your head? Why do you hate Pioli so much? Seriously, it's ridiculous at this point.

5 years / $9,000,000

Because we had a shortened offseason and he and Cassel have absolutely no rapport yet.

Another 4 million dollar great decision by Pioli. Guy knows what hes doing...

:Rolls Eyes:
    Rumors have it that Pioli and Haley are not seeing eye to eye and a good portion of that is in how Haley is using the players. Just a rumor I have heard on the radio so I have no Idea if there is any credibility to this. Might be speculations, but I guess it started in the play off game last year.

Bill Maas is related to this rumor, and he added that there was years that CP and Schottenheimer never talked at all. They were always seen at opposite ends of the field and talked only because of business, and that is how the Chiefs are working now.

So the point I am making, is it really Pioli you are hating or Haley. Do you even know or just hating on Pioli because you want to? Yes he hired Haley, but people make mistakes.

According to michael lombardi it all started at the end of last season and Pioli wanted to change things up vs the Raiders then going into the Ravens game and Haley wouldn't go for it. Wiess is said to have wanted to make changes earlier in the season and again it was Haley's way or the highway and we all know how that ended. As I said in another post and was corrected, if you include Chan being fired before the start of the season, we have had 4, count em, 4 OC's in 3 years, and you wonder why our offense is so bad....As it stands right now I am willing to bet we will have yet another OC next year.

the problem isnt breaston, its cassel.

Pioli because he is the one that has assembled this team. What is haley supposed to do with matt cassel? Look at cassel's qb rating against good teams, its absolutely horrible. Where is the depth we are supposed to have? This is the third season and 2 guys go down and the team goes to pieces.

Bringing in cassel paying him 11 mil a year, trading tony g, drafting tyson jackson, horrible 09 draft and 11 isnt looking too promising either while providing very VERY little FA support is a recipe for disaster, see this season
    Cassle did just fine last year with Charlie Weis running the offense. Haley ran off Weis and is now Calling the plays again for Cassel. Cassel looked very good with Josh McDaniels as his OC in New England, and looked good with Weis as his OC. He looked like Crap both times Haley called the plays.

Pioli is also in his third year of building a team from Chicken Poo.... Are you seriously expecting any GM to turn a team completely around into the Green Bay packers in three years? He got a late start in year one and started a cleansing period of getting rid of the players he didn't want. Start to actually build this team in year two doing it the smart way through the draft and went to the play offs.

I liked Haley, but I am starting to see his faults with how he manages the actual X and Os of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Cassle did just fine last year with Charlie Weis running the offense. Haley ran off Weis and is now Calling the plays again for Cassel. Cassel looked very good with Josh McDaniels as his OC in New England, and looked good with Weis as his OC. He looked like Crap both times Haley called the plays.

Pioli is also in his third year of building a team from Chicken Poo.... Are you seriously expecting any GM to turn a team completely around into the Green Bay packers in three years? He got a late start in year one and started a cleansing period of getting rid of the players he didn't want. Start to actually build this team in year two doing it the smart way through the draft and went to the play offs.

I liked Haley, but I am starting to see his faults with how he manages the actual X and Os of the team.
    I think you're right about Cassel, but you're being too kind to Pioli. It is perfectly reasonable to expect that a GM can turn a team into a contender in three years. Detroit and Tampa are two off the top of my head who replaced their GMs in 2009 and are contending right now.

It isn't anyone's fault but Pioli's that we're starting guys like Piscatelli, Richardson, TJ, and McGraw. Or that we've gone three years in a 3-4 without a legit NT. Or that we haven't fixed the OL. Or that our past three drafts look between borderline (I'll never forgive Pioli/Haley for starting Berry at SS and getting him hurt) and terrible right now. Or that Bowe is our only legit receiver for what feels like the dozenth year in a row.

Or, to put it unkindly, I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference between Pioli/Haley and CP/Herm right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast