Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 "Top 10 Teams"

Default 3 "Top 10 Teams"

According to ESPN's Week 4 Power Rankings The Lions are ranked 4th, the Bills are ranked 6th and the Chargers are ranked 9th. All 3 of our losses have come against top 10 teams. The Lions were ranked 18th in preseason and the Bills were ranked 31st! You can't tell how hard the schedule is going to be based on the previous season.

The Good news is our next two games are against the Vikings (28th) and the Colts (30th) who started out the season ranked 8th. If the Chiefs are going to turn their season around, NOW is the time to do it.

I don't put a lot of faith in power rankings, especially this early in the season, but the point is that you can't always tell how good teams are going to be until they play some games. Maybe by the time we get to the "tough" part of the schedule some of those teams will have fallen a few notches (like the Eagles, Falcons and Bears have done already.)

The Suck 4 Luck campaigners are not amused.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    The Suck 4 Luck campaigners are not amused.
    Well I guess to some degree. But those rankings are novel in my opinion its too early to hang my hat on it. Now come january and those teams are all still top ten then I say it will ease the frustration a bit.

And as far as Luck is concerned.. Well lets just say this.

Last year 10-6 to win the division.

to this year

Trying to find solitude in the fact that at least the teams that are blowing us out are in the top 10!?!?!

Not exactly what some of us had in mind...

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Well I guess to some degree. But those rankings are novel in my opinion its too early to hang my hat on it. Now come january and those teams are all still top ten then I say it will ease the frustration a bit.

Trying to find solitude in the fact that at least the teams that are blowing us out are in the top 10!?!?!

Not exactly what some of us had in mind...
    I'm not comforted by the fact that we lost to good teams. I want the Chiefs to beat good teams, but if you are going to lose, there is no shame in losing to the best teams in the NFL. I still think the Bills and Lions are over rated and will not finish the season that high.

My point was that we aren't losing to crappy teams as some heve suggested. My other point was that many are saying we will have a bad record because the schedule is supposed to be so tough, but we don't know that for sure. Indy was supposed to be a top 10 team (8th) and without Manning they have dropped all the way to 30. The Bears were ranked 7th after beating The Falcons (who were ranked 6th at the time) and now after back to back losses to the #2 Saints and #1 Packers, The Bears have dropped all the way to 18th (which I think is a little harsh) and the Falcons are now 19th.

I expect alot of these teams rankings to shift dramatically, at least until weak 8 or so. I also predict that the Chiefs will move up a lot after they beat some of these "weaker" teams.

They made a big improvement from week 2 to weak 3, scoring 17 points after getting only 10 in their first 2 games combined and giving up only 20 after averaging 44.5 in the first two games. I wouldn't give up on them, yet.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 09-29-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I'm not comforted by the fact that we lost to good teams. I want the Chiefs to beat good teams, but if you are going to lose, there is no shame in losing to the best teams in the NFL. I still think the Bills and Lions are over rated and will not finish the season that high.

My point was that we aren't losing to crappy teams as some heve suggested. My other point was that many are saying we will have a bad record because the schedule is supposed to be so tough, but we don't know that for sure. Indy was supposed to be a top 10 team (8th) and without Manning they have dropped all the way to 30. The Bears were ranked 7th after beating The Falcons (who were ranked 6th at the time) and now after back to back losses to the #2 Saints and #1 Packers, The Bears have dropped all the way to 18th (which I think is a little harsh) and the Falcons are now 19th.

I expect alot of these teams rankings to shift dramatically, at least until weak 8 or so. I also predict that the Chiefs will move up a lot after they beat some of these "weaker" teams.

They made a big improvement from week 2 to weak 3, scoring 17 points after getting only 10 in their first 2 games combined and giving up only 20 after averaging 44.5 in the first two games. I wouldn't give up on them, yet.
    It wasn't losing to the Bills and Lions that got everyone so upset. It was the fact that we were completely and humiliatingly blown out.

I think we beat the Vikings and Colts coming up at the very least, but it's a little over-optimistic to claim that our close loss to the mistake-prone Chargers means that good things are ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    It wasn't losing to the Bills and Lions that got everyone so upset. It was the fact that we were completely and humiliatingly blown out.

I think we beat the Vikings and Colts coming up at the very least, but it's a little over-optimistic to claim that our close loss to the mistake-prone Chargers means that good things are ahead.

We're 0-3 right now. The glass isn't half-empty. It's completely empty. We're just hoping someone comes around and puts some water in it soon.

Like jm said, the glass doesn't even have water in it. We're sitting in a restaurant holding up our glass as the server comes by and hoping someone will quench our thirst!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Like jm said, the glass doesn't even have water in it. We're sitting in a restaurant holding up our glass as the server comes by and hoping someone will quench our thirst!
    If we don't get a little water this sunday can we start pretending its vodka... and just binge drink til' next season?

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    If we don't get a little water this sunday can we start pretending its vodka... and just binge drink til' next season?

I wouldn't pretend that it was vodka

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast