Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't be too surprised if....

Default Don't be too surprised if....

...this team starts playing solid football again, sooner than later.

The defense stepped it up against 2011's #1 offense. And, while not nearly as big of a turnaround, the offense finally got things going too.

We were on the road at San Diego, and came very close to coming out of there with a win.

Injuries have decimated what we expected to see on the field. But this team has a whole lot of potential, and still has some extremely talented players.

Having a game at home, against The struggling Vikings could be used as a stepping stone to getting us back on the right track.

Should we manage to get this one, then we will head to Indianapolis to see The Colts, with no Manning.

Those Colts may not be as bad as they looked early. But I definitely believe that, if we head there with a win over The Vikings fresh in our minds, we could be headed to our BYE week with a two game winning streak.

Take a week off and recoup, and we head for Oakland.

Now, Oakland has looked pretty tough so far. But these divisional games are so unpredictable. It's likely that we play them like a division rival, as opposed to some tough team we only see once every few years.

Hard to say that that game can't be won, especially if we have some momentum.

Then, guess what.

Four of the next five games are at Arrowhead.

Chargers, (Looks like we might be able to hang with them), Dolphins, (No reason we can't compete there.), Denver, (Again, not the toughest game on the schedule.), Head for New England, then home for The Steelers, who are looking quite beatable this year, and we all remember the last time we played them, right?

Myself, I still expect the recovery to take a while. But then, I didn't expect to see 10-6 last season.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I have to wonder, too, if our O-line will start to gel more and more as the season goes along. That would really help.
    Immensely!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Go Chiefs!!!!
    I represent that remark!

With the way the schedule is laid out, I honestly wouldn't be too surprised of the Chiefs win their next 6 games in a row, then lose 5 in a row after that, then win the last 2 to finish 8 and 8. The only "good" team we play in the next 6 weeks is the Chargers, who we almost beat last week and this time it will be a home game.

Can you imagine the Chiefs improving to 6-3 then dropping to 6-8 only to finish at .500? That would be a roller coaster season!

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    I'm thinking 6-10 is highly plausible. That would make this season tolerable with the injuries we have had.
    If you enjoy rotting in mediocrity, sure.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    We lost 3 great players. 6-10 now seems good with the situation we are in now.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post

Rotting in mediocrity, for me, would be if we continued to go 8-8, 6-10, 9-7, 7-9...

But if we went .500 for ONE season after losing one of the league's elite rushers, a guy who will be an elite safety, and an excellent, pass-catching TE, I'd be pleased to know that the guys behind them and around them could still come up with that many wins.

Imagine what we'll do WITH them next season.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Having a game at home, against The struggling Vikings could be used as a stepping stone to getting us back on the right track.
    I hope you are right about this here comment! Go Chiefs!
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

I remember 2 years ago, when no one thought we could be the Steelers at home (4-12 season I believe) and we beat them! I look forward to smacking them in the mouth at home again!!
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12