Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't be too surprised if....

Default Don't be too surprised if....

...this team starts playing solid football again, sooner than later.

The defense stepped it up against 2011's #1 offense. And, while not nearly as big of a turnaround, the offense finally got things going too.

We were on the road at San Diego, and came very close to coming out of there with a win.

Injuries have decimated what we expected to see on the field. But this team has a whole lot of potential, and still has some extremely talented players.

Having a game at home, against The struggling Vikings could be used as a stepping stone to getting us back on the right track.

Should we manage to get this one, then we will head to Indianapolis to see The Colts, with no Manning.

Those Colts may not be as bad as they looked early. But I definitely believe that, if we head there with a win over The Vikings fresh in our minds, we could be headed to our BYE week with a two game winning streak.

Take a week off and recoup, and we head for Oakland.

Now, Oakland has looked pretty tough so far. But these divisional games are so unpredictable. It's likely that we play them like a division rival, as opposed to some tough team we only see once every few years.

Hard to say that that game can't be won, especially if we have some momentum.

Then, guess what.

Four of the next five games are at Arrowhead.

Chargers, (Looks like we might be able to hang with them), Dolphins, (No reason we can't compete there.), Denver, (Again, not the toughest game on the schedule.), Head for New England, then home for The Steelers, who are looking quite beatable this year, and we all remember the last time we played them, right?

Myself, I still expect the recovery to take a while. But then, I didn't expect to see 10-6 last season.

With the injuries, I can see us still getting 6 wins. And I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up a couple "sure losses". Really it all comes down to our offensive line (haven't we all said that a lot the last two seasons). If we can get some sustained drives to keep our defense off the field a little bit, it will make the defense that much better. By the end of the season and Cassel is doing much better-and I know he will be-how many are going to give him a formal apology right here on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Really it all comes down to our offensive line (haven't we all said that a lot the last two seasons).
    Two seasons? I have been on that soapbox for over six years now.

I have to wonder, too, if our O-line will start to gel more and more as the season goes along. That would really help.

Go Chiefs!!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

To be honest, I would be surprised if this team were to get things straightened out this soon.

The losses of Charles, Berry and Moeaki really do affect my expectations.

On top of having to start over with so little preseason time, they now have to do it without the two guys who may well have had the defense, and the offense designed around their abilities.

But, I absolutely expect it to happen at some point this season.

There is still a lot of talent on this team. And as the additions get acquainted with the team, and shuffled lines "gel", I think we could see a pretty solid football team by the end of the season.

And this team proved to be able to get results quicker than I thought they could last year. So, anything is possible.

There is no reason why we can't beat the Vikings, Dolphins, Colts, Broncos, and one of Raiders/Chargers and be 5-4 going into week 11. The first four of those teams are awful. And we play our division rivals close.

Of course, we share a lot of the same weaknesses as those teams and just because we *can* beat them doesn't mean we will.

Well it is certainly something we all would love to see in the coming weeks. Although last week was yet another disappointing loss, I did see improvement in the single digit deficit loss to an high powered offense.

i thought we go 6-10 this year now i'm thinking maybe 3 wins this year.

I'm thinking 6-10 is highly plausible. That would make this season tolerable with the injuries we have had.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast