Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jared Allen asks Chiefs fans not to boo him Sunday!

Default Jared Allen asks Chiefs fans not to boo him Sunday!

I for one, could never boo a former Chief, let alone one who was a favorite like Jared Allen. He still remains one of my favorite NFL players overall. Sunday will be bittersweet for me to witness Jared return to Arrowheads field...sure wish I was going to be witnessing him run onto the field in RED and Gold, instead of purple and gold. I miss Jared.

Jared Allen To Chiefs Fans: 'Please Don't Boo Me' - Arrowhead Pride

One of the things we'll be talking about as the Kansas City Chiefs prepare to host the Minnesota Vikings is the return of Jared Allen. Shortly before the 2008 NFL draft, the Chiefs sent Allen to the Vikings for a first and two third round picks in a blockbuster trade.

Allen went on the Border Patrol with Steven St. John and Nate Bukaty this morning and had one request for Chiefs fans when he returns to Arrowhead.

"All I hope is I don't get booed," Allen said. "I expect to get booed because, you know, Chiefs fans are Chiefs fans and they gotta stick by their team, but I felt I put in a good body of work while I was there. So, to the Chiefs fans, you would make me a little sad if you booed me. Please don't boo me."

He even buttered us up a little bit talking about the good memories he has about playing in KC.
    "Arrowhead is one of the greatest places to play," he continued. "I am looking forward to that smell. I'm hoping we can get the windows rolled down on the busses when we drive into the parking lot. There is nothing like that in the NFL, that smell of barbecue when you pull into Arrowhead. It's one of the greatest nostalgic Sunday memories you can have."

Even if booing were allowed in the press box, I wouldn't boo him. I don't have a beef with him. The Jared Allen trade, which netted the Chiefs OT Brandon Albert and RB Jamaal Charles among others, was one of the few big-time NFL trades that seemed to work out well for both sides.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I wouldnt boo him either. It is not his fault he is no longer a Chief. He wanted a ton of $ and I really dont think he would have been worth it at the time, we were in rebuild mode when he left.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

It isn't Allen's fault that CP/Herm wanted to break the back for Larry f'n Johnson instead of him and traded him after a career year.

Didn't Jared want out?

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Didn't Jared want out?
    Yes he did. Can't say I could blame him with who was running the team and I would never boo him myself. But he did want to leave.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I guess when it happen i didn't look to much into but i remember hearing he wanted out.

Didn't Jared want out?
    Ya, because the GM refused to give him the long-term deal. One of the many truly idiotic Peterson moves.

Didn't Jared want out?
    No

he only wanted to be properly compensated for his labor.

I won't boo a player who was cut by the chiefs and picked up somewhere else or retires or a rare pleasant seperation. But when you start whining and making demands and disrupting the team, boo to you. *cough* T.G. *cough*
    "Oh, i still love Kc.." this and that. Dont even...

I wouldn't boo him. But I sure as heck wouldn't cheer him.
    Chiefs in 2011

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast