Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let's give Cassel a chance before we show him the door

Default Let's give Cassel a chance before we show him the door

First off we have not had a good O-line since Willie Roaf retired, do you guys remember when Tyler Thigpen was playing here as our starting qb over 3 years ago and he had to run for his life to make a pass, guess what not much has changed. I have been saying for the last 4 years we need to deal with our OL, Cassel is better then Thigpen but if he has no time to throw the ball what do you expect to happen. Secondly can we get a decent OC I mean really who the hell is calling the plays, and on top of that Cassel has had what a couple months to learn and get on the same page with yet another OC. It's rediculous I admit he's no Tom Brady, and I admit he is overpaid, but I don't feel he's had a fair evaluation. What we need to do is drop some serious cash on our line and quit being cheap, quality OL don't come from the dollar store aka the 5th and 6th round. Instead of wasting a number 1 pick on safeties that break all the time or on WR who break their thumbs. We need a LT (Albert a is a guard playing LT) or at least a RT. If your going to put a lot of money on the line why not put it on something that is possibly one of the most important positions on the offense. A good LT turns a decent qb into a good one. If Cassel had Trents OL I think we might very well be 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Nope. I think he needs to go. Everyone else sees it including outsiders who could care less about the Chiefs. Why don't you fans. I love the Chiefs and will believe what I see not read. A crappy NFL Quarterback!
    Eh, we've seen Cassel have good seasons. What were seeing now is what happens when an average QB combines with a bad OL, only one real receiver, four OCs in three years, and a fruitloop head coach.

People see these things in such black and white. Cassel isn't great and he isn't terrible. He's in the middle, on the level of journeymen like Orton, Kolb, Campbell, Grossman, and Fitzpatrick. We can win *with* him, but we probably won't win *because* of him.

If kansas city has the first pick they take Luck, if not were stuck with cassel for awhile

Nope. I think he needs to go. Everyone else sees it including outsiders who could care less about the Chiefs. Why don't you fans. I love the Chiefs and will believe what I see not read. A crappy NFL Quarterback!
    Outsiders who don't really pay any attention to The Chiefs, and you, feel like it's just that Cassel is a bad QB?

Pretty convincing stuff right there.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Eh, we've seen Cassel have good seasons. What were seeing now is what happens when an average QB combines with a bad OL, only one real receiver, four OCs in three years, and a fruitloop head coach.

People see these things in such black and white. Cassel isn't great and he isn't terrible. He's in the middle, on the level of journeymen like Orton, Kolb, Campbell, Grossman, and Fitzpatrick. We can win *with* him, but we probably won't win *because* of him.
    Uh, he's looked like a superstar when he's had just a bit of protection-think NE and last year here. So, uh, until he starts sucking when he's got a good team around him, I think this whole "average QB" thing is misguided. Tom Brady didn't have half the pressure(literally) and 4 quality receivers and threw 4 interceptions. But that doesn't phase you doubters and haters? Cassel is getting the spit knocked out of him and receivers dropping balls, but you focus on 1 or 2 overthrows. I'm done trying to enlighten those who wish to remain blind. Yeah, we're stuck with lamo Cassel, but Luck would come in and take this same team to the Super Bowl! See how stupid that logic is now? Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Uh, he's looked like a superstar when he's had just a bit of protection-think NE and last year here. So, uh, until he starts sucking when he's got a good team around him, I think this whole "average QB" thing is misguided. Tom Brady didn't have half the pressure(literally) and 4 quality receivers and threw 4 interceptions. But that doesn't phase you doubters and haters? Cassel is getting the spit knocked out of him and receivers dropping balls, but you focus on 1 or 2 overthrows. I'm done trying to enlighten those who wish to remain blind. Yeah, we're stuck with lamo Cassel, but Luck would come in and take this same team to the Super Bowl! See how stupid that logic is now? Didn't think so.
    Cassel did not look like a superstar with either the Pats or the Chiefs last year. He looked . . . good. Not great, good. We were the 30th ranked passing offense last year, supported by the number one run game. Which, again, doesn't mean Cassel didn't do exactly what he was asked to do. Weis maximized his strengths (accuracy, efficiency, leadership) and minimized his weaknesses (lack of arm strength and athleticisim).

Brady had a bad game (for him) last game. A quarterback's worth isn't based on one bad or good game.

Cassel's supporting cast, outside of Bowe and maybe Asamoah, is terrible. He is unable to make chicken salad out of the chicken **** we call offensive line and skill players. And part of the reason for his terrible play this year is because of this fact. That doesn't mean he isn't playing terribly, or that someone else couldn't do better. Also, one of the reasons his receivers are dropping balls is because Cassel is leading them right into traffic. Again, he has no choice as his line isn't giving him enough time to throw.

I have no idea whether we'd eventually win a SB with Luck. I just know we'll have a better shot than if we stick with Cassel. For what it's worth, we won't finish bad enough to get Luck. The Colts or Seahawks will be fighting for that honor. Our choice will be Barkley or Moore versus Kalil.

We obviously see something more then what you do. Greens first couple of years were miserable which earned him the nick name "trINT". Cassel's had to work with three different OC's in as many years. I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope that he will be able to lead this team in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    We obviously see something more then what you do. Greens first couple of years were miserable which earned him the nick name "trINT". Cassel's had to work with three different OC's in as many years. I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope that he will be able to lead this team in the right direction.
    *Four* OCs in three years, of you count haley in the 2009 regular season.

*Four* OCs in three years, of you count haley in the 2009 regular season.
    I stand corrected.

Cassel did not look like a superstar with either the Pats or the Chiefs last year. He looked . . . good. Not great, good.
    Man... Any other first time starter does what he did in 2008 and the entire league is amazed at this guy's superstar abilioty.

Not saying you, in particular. But the general consencus would be of "Superstar".

I think the "Career-backup" label seriously put Cassel behind the eight ball in the eyes of most.

Because, if that rookie who was touted as a clearly budding superstar, manages to have a year like Cassel's 2010, then most would be convinced.

Again though, I think the "career backup" label, coupled with Cassel's age, makes the masses resistent to the usual flows of opinion.

Cassel did not look like a superstar with either the Pats or the Chiefs last year. He looked . . . good. Not great, good. We were the 30th ranked passing offense last year, supported by the number one run game. Which, again, doesn't mean Cassel didn't do exactly what he was asked to do. Weis maximized his strengths (accuracy, efficiency, leadership) and minimized his weaknesses (lack of arm strength and athleticisim).

Brady had a bad game (for him) last game. A quarterback's worth isn't based on one bad or good game.

Cassel's supporting cast, outside of Bowe and maybe Asamoah, is terrible. He is unable to make chicken salad out of the chicken **** we call offensive line and skill players. And part of the reason for his terrible play this year is because of this fact. That doesn't mean he isn't playing terribly, or that someone else couldn't do better. Also, one of the reasons his receivers are dropping balls is because Cassel is leading them right into traffic. Again, he has no choice as his line isn't giving him enough time to throw.

I have no idea whether we'd eventually win a SB with Luck. I just know we'll have a better shot than if we stick with Cassel. For what it's worth, we won't finish bad enough to get Luck. The Colts or Seahawks will be fighting for that honor. Our choice will be Barkley or Moore versus Kalil.
    He would be a top 10 QB with his numbers at NE and last year. Nope, just an average QB that needs replaced-you're right. I let facts get in the way of bone-headed emotion. I can see that now. Cassel has to go. A top 10 QB isn't good enough.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast