Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let's give Cassel a chance before we show him the door

Default Let's give Cassel a chance before we show him the door

First off we have not had a good O-line since Willie Roaf retired, do you guys remember when Tyler Thigpen was playing here as our starting qb over 3 years ago and he had to run for his life to make a pass, guess what not much has changed. I have been saying for the last 4 years we need to deal with our OL, Cassel is better then Thigpen but if he has no time to throw the ball what do you expect to happen. Secondly can we get a decent OC I mean really who the hell is calling the plays, and on top of that Cassel has had what a couple months to learn and get on the same page with yet another OC. It's rediculous I admit he's no Tom Brady, and I admit he is overpaid, but I don't feel he's had a fair evaluation. What we need to do is drop some serious cash on our line and quit being cheap, quality OL don't come from the dollar store aka the 5th and 6th round. Instead of wasting a number 1 pick on safeties that break all the time or on WR who break their thumbs. We need a LT (Albert a is a guard playing LT) or at least a RT. If your going to put a lot of money on the line why not put it on something that is possibly one of the most important positions on the offense. A good LT turns a decent qb into a good one. If Cassel had Trents OL I think we might very well be 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    He would be a top 10 QB with his numbers at NE and last year. Nope, just an average QB that needs replaced-you're right. I let facts get in the way of bone-headed emotion. I can see that now. Cassel has to go. A top 10 QB isn't good enough.
    Why don't you try being polite? If you keep insulting me, I'll make you my b!tch.

In terms of YPG or passing offense, Cassel wasn't remotely a top-10 QB in 2010. He had a top-10 QB rating last year because we didn't throw the ball much, because we played bad pass defenses, and because he didn't turn it over. QB rating and QB performance aren't the same thing. If we want to talk QB rating, Cassel has a 79.7 rating as a Chief, which comfortably puts him below average.

And including the NE numbers in this discussion is irrelevant. How a guy does with Belichick, Moss, Welker, and a great OL doesn't relate at all to how he's doing (or would do) with the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Man... Any other first time starter does what he did in 2008 and the entire league is amazed at this guy's superstar abilioty.

Not saying you, in particular. But the general consencus would be of "Superstar".

I think the "Career-backup" label seriously put Cassel behind the eight ball in the eyes of most.

Because, if that rookie who was touted as a clearly budding superstar, manages to have a year like Cassel's 2010, then most would be convinced.

Again though, I think the "career backup" label, coupled with Cassel's age, makes the masses resistent to the usual flows of opinion.
    What has two thumbs and agrees with the bolded statement? This guy!!

Last edited by OPLookn; 09-29-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Why don't you try being polite? If you keep insulting me, I'll make you my b!tch.

In terms of YPG or passing offense, Cassel wasn't remotely a top-10 QB in 2010. He had a top-10 QB rating last year because we didn't throw the ball much, because we played bad pass defenses, and because he didn't turn it over. QB rating and QB performance aren't the same thing. If we want to talk QB rating, Cassel has a 79.7 rating as a Chief, which comfortably puts him below average.

And including the NE numbers in this discussion is irrelevant. How a guy does with Belichick, Moss, Welker, and a great OL doesn't relate at all to how he's doing (or would do) with the Chiefs.
    There was nothing directed at anyone, just Cassel haters in general. Oh geez, I better watch my p's and q's. I'm really frightened by internet threats. 8th most passing TD's when we had the #1 running team. Yeah, Cassel sucks and needs to go. Come on, man, you got some more of them scary threats? Weak minds resort to silly threats when their arguments have no weight. That's for whoever it fits.

If it wasn't for his arm, his accuracy, and his ability to see the field, Cassel would be a pretty good qb...
    SHUT IT

There was nothing directed at anyone, just Cassel haters in general. Oh geez, I better watch my p's and q's. I'm really frightened by internet threats. 8th most passing TD's when we had the #1 running team. Yeah, Cassel sucks and needs to go. Come on, man, you got some more of them scary threats? Weak minds resort to silly threats when their arguments have no weight. That's for whoever it fits.
    Either you're playing stupid or you're actually stupid. Neither is good for you.

Oh, threats didn't bolster your theory, so now we posit name calling for consideration. Fact: Cassel is a top 10 quarterback. Now please try some facts. Your desperation and grasping at straws plus your resorting to juvenile tactics really make you appear both uninformed and, frankly, sad.

Oh, I missed the implied threat. "Neither is good for you." You gonna go to your mom's basement and conjure a spell?

Fact: Cassel is a top 10 quarterback.
    1. Tom Brady
    2. Matt Ryan
    3. Ben Roethlisberger
    4. Phillip Rivers
    5. Matt Schaub
    6. Tony Romo
    7. Joe Flacco
    8. Drew Breez
    9. Aaron Rogers
    10. Michael Vick
    11. Cam Newton
    12. Jay Cutler
    13. Eli Manning
    14. Josh Freeman
    15. Sam Bradford
    16. Ryan Fitzpatrick
    17. Matthew Stafford
    18. Matt Hasselback
    19. Kyle Orton
    20. Colt McCoy

There's 20. Is Cassel better than ten of these guys?
    Last edited by Bike; 09-29-2011 at 06:22 PM.
    SHUT IT

Oh, threats didn't bolster your theory, so now we posit name calling for consideration. Fact: Cassel is a top 10 quarterback. Now please try some facts. Your desperation and grasping at straws plus your resorting to juvenile tactics really make you appear both uninformed and, frankly, sad.
    Threats?! Were you really threatened by my comment?! How wimpy are you?

Cassel is not remotely a top-10 QB. The most you can argue is that he was in 2008 and 2010. He's a 79.6 QBR quarterback in his Chiefs career. That's below average.

And here's juvenile:

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    1. Tom Brady
    2. Matt Ryan
    3. Ben Roethlisberger
    4. Phillip Rivers
    5. Matt Schaub
    6. Tony Romo
    7. Joe Flacco
    8. Drew Breez
    9. Aaron Rogers
    10. Michael Vick
    11. Cam Newton
    12. Jay Cutler
    13. Eli Manning
    14. Josh Freeman
    15. Sam Bradford
    16. Ryan Fitzpatrick
    17. Matthew Stafford
    18. Matt Hasselback
    19. Kyle Orton
    20. Colt McCoy

There's 20. Is Cassel better than ten of these guys?
    Yeah, I get liking Cassel. He's smart, work hard, and can be an efficient winner in a Weis/Belichick system. But he doesn't have the arm strength or athleticism of the guys on this list. And you forgot Sanchez and even maybe Romo.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast