Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Let's give Cassel a chance before we show him the door

Default Let's give Cassel a chance before we show him the door

First off we have not had a good O-line since Willie Roaf retired, do you guys remember when Tyler Thigpen was playing here as our starting qb over 3 years ago and he had to run for his life to make a pass, guess what not much has changed. I have been saying for the last 4 years we need to deal with our OL, Cassel is better then Thigpen but if he has no time to throw the ball what do you expect to happen. Secondly can we get a decent OC I mean really who the hell is calling the plays, and on top of that Cassel has had what a couple months to learn and get on the same page with yet another OC. It's rediculous I admit he's no Tom Brady, and I admit he is overpaid, but I don't feel he's had a fair evaluation. What we need to do is drop some serious cash on our line and quit being cheap, quality OL don't come from the dollar store aka the 5th and 6th round. Instead of wasting a number 1 pick on safeties that break all the time or on WR who break their thumbs. We need a LT (Albert a is a guard playing LT) or at least a RT. If your going to put a lot of money on the line why not put it on something that is possibly one of the most important positions on the offense. A good LT turns a decent qb into a good one. If Cassel had Trents OL I think we might very well be 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    Are you trying to impress me with yards? The guy was 30th in passing last year, last this year, ya some great stats right there
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&tabSeq=0&season=2010&experience=nu ll&Submit=Go&archive=true&conference=null&statisti cCategory=PASSING&qualified=true

Tell that to The NFL.

Because, according to them, Matt Cassel was 19th.

Click the link.

What does NFL.com have to say about 30th in passing yards?

They seem to be calling you a liar.

Is that true?

Was Matt Cassel actually 19th, as The NFL says, or are they lying?

Last season did convince me that he wasn't a good enough QB for this team and the three atrocious games he's had this year proved I was right to doubt him last year. What games are you watching really. Your great with numbers and bad with logic. Watch the frickin game Chief31. He's that bad and your not fooling anyone.

No not lying at all. 30th in passing yards right here

NFL Stats: by Player Category
    Ummm even your link shows him at 19th need your eyes checked?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Fine 24th in YPG you happy? That big of an improvement for you 11 million dollar a year man
    Ummm you do know that we had the number 1 rushing game in the NFL don't you. Theres a reason that the passing yards might have been down. If it was the other way you would be saying how bad our runners are.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Fine 24th in YPG you happy? That big of an improvement for you 11 million dollar a year man
    He was 19th in total yds and 24th in yds per game. That's not 30th. You would have more credibility if you would quit making stuff up (lying). You also fail to mention that Matt was 23rd in pass attempts per game. He threw the ball for fewer yards because he threw it fewer times.

He also was ranked 8th in the NFL in TD passes which si pretty good, I think, for a team that ran the ball so much.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I have gained so much respect for you of late.

Words like this coming from a guy who once started threads like these....

Cassel and the Chiefs owe Jamaal some money - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

Give Brodie a chance - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

Cassel isn't the next Trent Green - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

Should we start Brodie? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

Am I still wrong for not liking Cassel? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

Can we go ahead and draft a solid 2nd round QB - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

Still not impressed by Cassel - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

...to see Cassel prove him wrong, then struggle this season, and not jump directly on the "I HATE MATT CASSEL" bandwagon, shows some serious class.

Not to mention how you have grown as a member of the crowd.

I remember how you would get into full-on hate-fests with people around here.

Now, look at you.

Acting all respectful to others, and grown-up like.

And the fact is, before you ever showed up back then, I may well have been the most "anti-Cassel" member on here.

My how things have changed.

And I couldn't agree with you more here.

After how Matt Cassel was able to do so much, even with such a nasty situation, last season, I just don't get how so many are so willing to throw it all away so quickly.

Maybe he will never play so well again. With our offensive scheme, and O-line, it wouldn't be too shocking.

But, since he has managed to do so much in his first three seasons, I just can't fathom giving up on him this quickly.

Rep to you.
    Yeah I had gotten laid off and was kind of pissed off at the time and it obviously showed. Plus I've come to the realization that posting a comment is different then saying something to your friend during the game. If Cassel throws a pick during the game and you say "Damn it Cassell you suck!" you may not really think that but it's understood that people get emotional during a game. Whereas on the forum it's not only permanent but it's written so the reader can not accurately interept your words as well a verbal conversation. Also i've realized this isn't madden these are actual people. It's not like we can just get rid of Cassel for 1st and and their best LT who's rated an 95 pick up a qb in FA who's throwing power is rated a 99 and accuracy a 95 and get a superbowl. We are stuck with Cassell like it or not for probably this year and next. I think he is good enough for a 60% running 40% passing team. Last year he proved he could make few errors and capitalize when our running game got us near the redzone. He threw very few yards but an S load of TD's and I'm fine with that. Even if you hate Cassel what are the options? Honestly for this season what are the solutions? Should we really bench him and put in Palko and Stanzi I almost guarantee your going to get a worse result. Palko is not as good as Cassell and will most likely never be ans Stanzi he's a rookie who's not ready give him a year or two and we'll see. Maybe that's Pioli's plan hey give this guy a few years and we will see who's starts in 2013.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 10-01-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I agree with keeping Cassel, also for many of the reasons you gave. I'm in support of drafting Berry, however, for many justified reasons. From a GM's point of view...Berry made complete sense with drafting as being beneficial to the Chiefs franchise in all aspects considered.

I'm reserving judgement on whether or not Baldwin was a worthy draft pick, until I witness what he will or will not bring positively to our passing game. We needed to improve our passing game.

We don't know what Pioli has in his mind. It's possible he's reserving cap money for a justified reason, including improving the o-line. He knows things within the NFL & NCAA we don't. He could have his eye on particular players he wants and feels are worthy of waiting for before dropping money on those he feels are less worthy. Time will tell, and Pioli really hasn't been given the time fairly to put together the team he wants. The lockout threw a major hurdle into plans for this year.
    I don't dislike Berry I just think a OL is far superior pick over a safety no matter what his name is. Sorry it took me so long to reply I've been swamped at work.

No not lying at all. 30th in passing yards right here

NFL Stats: by Player Category

You should start another "I'm so right..." thread for this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Last season did convince me that he wasn't a good enough QB for this team and the three atrocious games he's had this year proved I was right to doubt him last year. What games are you watching really. Your great with numbers and bad with logic. Watch the frickin game Chief31. He's that bad and your not fooling anyone.

You watch?

Hmm. Never thought of that.

Just out of curiosity, do you ever watch WRs batting passes to the ground?

Do you bother to watch where a "pocket" is supposed to be?

Do you ever watch outside pass rushers easily going around OTs and making the QB move up to where the pocket is supposed to be?

NAH! All anybody needs to see is the QB play, except for a full season when that QB is playing so well that it makes fools of those who said he couldn't do what he was doing.

Then you just have to sit back and wait until he stops overcoming the poor blocking and receivers for a couple of games, so you can pretend like others don't watch the games.

Prior to his appendectomy last year, Cassel's season was looking amazingly similar to those of Joe Montana.

And THAT convinced you that he was no good.

You probably aughtn't even mention the word "logic" for a while.

Just wanna thank Cassel for not making me look like an A-hole for making this thread. Thanks Cassel!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456