Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let's give Cassel a chance before we show him the door

Default Let's give Cassel a chance before we show him the door

First off we have not had a good O-line since Willie Roaf retired, do you guys remember when Tyler Thigpen was playing here as our starting qb over 3 years ago and he had to run for his life to make a pass, guess what not much has changed. I have been saying for the last 4 years we need to deal with our OL, Cassel is better then Thigpen but if he has no time to throw the ball what do you expect to happen. Secondly can we get a decent OC I mean really who the hell is calling the plays, and on top of that Cassel has had what a couple months to learn and get on the same page with yet another OC. It's rediculous I admit he's no Tom Brady, and I admit he is overpaid, but I don't feel he's had a fair evaluation. What we need to do is drop some serious cash on our line and quit being cheap, quality OL don't come from the dollar store aka the 5th and 6th round. Instead of wasting a number 1 pick on safeties that break all the time or on WR who break their thumbs. We need a LT (Albert a is a guard playing LT) or at least a RT. If your going to put a lot of money on the line why not put it on something that is possibly one of the most important positions on the offense. A good LT turns a decent qb into a good one. If Cassel had Trents OL I think we might very well be 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    OH, thank you so very much for discluding Bowe! hahaha I'm emotionally drained from the last month of debating positively with negative comments by Chiefs fans overall. That said however, as a self proclaimed defender of all things 'Bowe'...I would've managed the strength to stand beside Bowe had you been critical of him too, hahahaha.

Again, thank you, for not bashing Bowe too! I need to preserve my energy to do my part as a 12th man/woman factor at Arrowhead this Sunday, lol.
    I will not bash DB, but will say, I not convince he is all he can be yet. He is not yet all that some think he can be. Last season, was his best, but still drops catches he should not. Just saying.

here is the deal.

cassel has never lead a 4th quarter comeback victory.

cassel cant get the ball down the field.

cassel makes mistakes

CASSEL IS NOT GOING TO TAKE US TO THE SUPER BOWL

thread over.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    here is the deal.

cassel makes mistakes

thread over.
    No it is not!

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    It takes way tooo much to convince you. You probably think Muir is a great OC and just needs a few more years to be great and we're just over reacting.
    A whole season didn't convince you, yet three games does, and you are telling someone else that, because three games is not enough proof, it takes too much to convince them?

Ever hear of the term "knee-jerk reaction"?

here is the deal.

cassel makes mistakes

thread over.
    NFL Game Center: St. Louis Rams at New England Patriots - 2008 Week 8

NFL Game Center: New England Patriots at Seattle Seahawks - 2008 Week 14

NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Cleveland Browns - 2010 Week 2

NFL Game Center: Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs - 2010 Week 8 (OT)

Thread reopened due to failure in information.
    Was this thread closed?

You are on the internet. Take a couple of minutes to find the facts before babbling whatever you feel like, while proclaiming your failure as a success.
    How do you determine success? Should it be winning at the last moment? Sure I will take that! I prefer that we do not need it! Show us how we dominate a game, then lets talk success!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 09-30-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    OH, thank you so very much for discluding Bowe! hahaha I'm emotionally drained from the last month of debating positively with negative comments by Chiefs fans overall. That said however, as a self proclaimed defender of all things 'Bowe'...I would've managed the strength to stand beside Bowe had you been critical of him too, hahahaha.

Again, thank you, for not bashing Bowe too! I need to preserve my energy to do my part as a 12th man/woman factor at Arrowhead this Sunday, lol.
    Bowe is our best offensive player (yes, better than Charles) and has been for years. He's consistently posted 1000 yard seasons without a top QB like Manning or Brady. He's our entire receiving game. Really, check out the stats for % of a teams total receiving yards - he's higher than Fitzgerald, Welker, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, or anyone else.

And I don't want anyone to bring up drops. If you were led into traffic a half-dozen times a game by QBs who can't get it dowfield (either because they suck or because the OL had broken down) you'd be dropping balls too, if only to stay alive.

If Pioli doesn't re-sign Bowe, he should be fired. Out of a cannon and into the sun. Because we're getting TO in his prime here, and no one seems to realize it.

here is the deal.

cassel makes mistakes

thread over.
    Wow, another person declaring their opinion to be canon and therefore nothing more need be said. I'm gonna jump out of this thread anyway, since the Cassel haters are getting more desperate, shrill and rude. Whether you like it or not Cassel will be our QB for at least the next 2 seasons. There is far too much $ tied up in him. Like EVERY QB, he struggles or excels as the team around him allows. Last year Peyton Manning got the crap kicked out of him and had tons of sacks and interceptions. He is about as good as QB's can get, but even he couldn't get past a bad offensive line and a depleted running and receiving corps. So when Cassel is leading us to the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl, I will remind you bandwagoners of the hate that you spewed when you start saying how great you always thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Wow, another person declaring their opinion to be canon and therefore nothing more need be said. I'm gonna jump out of this thread anyway, since the Cassel haters are getting more desperate, shrill and rude. Whether you like it or not Cassel will be our QB for at least the next 2 seasons. There is far too much $ tied up in him. Like EVERY QB, he struggles or excels as the team around him allows. Last year Peyton Manning got the crap kicked out of him and had tons of sacks and interceptions. He is about as good as QB's can get, but even he couldn't get past a bad offensive line and a depleted running and receiving corps. So when Cassel is leading us to the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl, I will remind you bandwagoners of the hate that you spewed when you start saying how great you always thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    No it is not!

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    Haha i cant stop laughing at this post. Look at the stats for the kc come back wins against the browns and bills. They are awful, and btw it took him 5 full quarters to put up those 13 points. 2 come backs in the past 2 seasons against **** teams and by god look at those stats! Forget luck we have cassel!

16/28 176 yds 2 int against CLEVELAND.

14/26 152 yds 1 td BUFF

11 mil well spent! QB RATING THROUGH THE ROOF!

Btw he is 24th this year in the qbr ratings.
    Since you seem to struggle to follow, I will recap for you....

"Hometeam" had this to say.... "cassel has never lead a 4th quarter comeback victory."

...To which I responded with undeniable proof that "hometeam" was wrong.

And now, you are challengiing the facts, and pretending like fourth quarter come from behind victories don't matter because the QB didn't have pretty stats?

Here are some QB stats for ya.....

18/34, 215 Yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
    30-43, 415 Yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT
    21/33, 295 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    12/25, 153 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs
    20/36, 345 Yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
    37/57, 476 Yards, 1TD, 1 INT
    23/33, 236 Yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
    23/38, 314 Yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
    16/27, 145 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs
    24/41, 347 Yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
    33/53, 469 Yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs
    9/23, 123 Yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs
    24/34, 314 Yards, 3TDs, 0 INTs
    30/51 400 Yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
    22/32, 233 Yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs
    16/27, 250 Yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT
    21/30, 256 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    31/43, 377 Yards, 3 Tds, 1 INT

Now, since fourth quarter come from behind victories aren't good enough for you, unless they include statistics, you pick which of the above sets of numbers are good enough for your fantasy team, and I'll tell ya which QB posted them.

Winning is far more important than posting statistics for your fantasy owners.

Are you trying to impress me with yards? The guy was 30th in passing last year, last this year, ya some great stats right there
    Again with the faliure to read.....

I told you what the statistics were there for. Read.

Although, it is hilarioous to watch you act like passing yards is unimportant, only to immediately turn on yourself and complain about passing yards.

But seriously, read.

They had a FG to take the lead at 8 minutes in the cleveland game in the 4th and then it took him a full OT to put up 3 pts against buffalo. Really? You think those are "come from behind wins?" Really?

Sure.
    This should be good.

Tell me, if winning a game, after having been trailing during the fourth quarter, is not a come from behind, fourth quarter victory.....

The question can't even be formed.

When you trail in the fourth quarter, and you win that game, that is a come from behind victory.

It can't be simplified any more than that for you.

tom brady, aaron rodgers, Peyton manning, Phillip rivers, Matt Ryan all threw for more touchdowns than cassel and there were 29 other qbs with more passing yards than him.

Now, how do you like that? haha
    I like that fine.

I thought you were unimpressed with passing yards?

Didn't you just try and sell me that story?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Here are some QB stats for ya.....

18/34, 215 Yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
    30-43, 415 Yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT
    21/33, 295 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    12/25, 153 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs
    20/36, 345 Yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
    37/57, 476 Yards, 1TD, 1 INT
    23/33, 236 Yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
    23/38, 314 Yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
    16/27, 145 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs
    24/41, 347 Yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
    33/53, 469 Yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs
    9/23, 123 Yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs
    24/34, 314 Yards, 3TDs, 0 INTs
    30/51 400 Yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
    22/32, 233 Yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs
    16/27, 250 Yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT
    21/30, 256 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    31/43, 377 Yards, 3 Tds, 1 INT

Now, since fourth quarter come from behind victories aren't good enough for you, unless they include statistics, you pick which of the above sets of numbers are good enough for your fantasy team, and I'll tell ya which QB posted them.
    Now, pick out the good games, since the stats are the important thing you decided to laugh at when a QB was winning in come-from-behind fashion.

Some of those games are Matt Cassel games. Some are not.

You tell me, which are the good games.

You belittled winning and ridiculed, based on statistics.

So, tell me which of those stat lines is impressive, and which are not.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast