Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3 "Top 10 Teams"

Default 3 "Top 10 Teams"

According to ESPN's Week 4 Power Rankings The Lions are ranked 4th, the Bills are ranked 6th and the Chargers are ranked 9th. All 3 of our losses have come against top 10 teams. The Lions were ranked 18th in preseason and the Bills were ranked 31st! You can't tell how hard the schedule is going to be based on the previous season.

The Good news is our next two games are against the Vikings (28th) and the Colts (30th) who started out the season ranked 8th. If the Chiefs are going to turn their season around, NOW is the time to do it.

I don't put a lot of faith in power rankings, especially this early in the season, but the point is that you can't always tell how good teams are going to be until they play some games. Maybe by the time we get to the "tough" part of the schedule some of those teams will have fallen a few notches (like the Eagles, Falcons and Bears have done already.)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The Lions have won seven straight, including one against The Packers, Two in Tampa, and their first victory in Minnesota since 1997.

Rather they fall back to mediocrity, or not, this is a very hot football team.

And The chargers haven't had a losing season since 2003. Seven straight years.

You are entitled to your opinions. But, right now, the facts are peeing all over those opinions.

You seem to believe, because The Chiefs played two horrible games, that that is proof that they are a horrible team, while three great games for The Lions and Bills, and seven seasons for The Chargers is misleading evidence.

Do you just use the immediate evidence when it feels good, and deny it when you want to?
    I don't think the Chiefs are a horrible team, but they played horribly the first two games. All I was trying to say is those teams being 3-0 doesn't make me feel any better.
    The Lions opinion is just that, an opinion, they may well prove me wrong.
    As far as the Chargers go, it seems like every year, the so called experts are picking them to go to the super bowl, hasn't happened yet. Even their first preseason game this year, Jon Gruden makes them his pick, and they didn't even make the playoffs last year. Thats was my thinking in calling them overated. They have been good, not near good enough to warrant all the *** kissing.
    Chiefs in 2011

It's up to us to put the water in it, just sayin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123