Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: KCTOUCHDOWN And Chiefsrule

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,050
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 449
    Given: 78

    Default KCTOUCHDOWN And Chiefsrule


    0 Not allowed!
    The two of you should give this team credit this week.

    You have both talked about how bad our drafts have been our young players were big reasons we got that win today. Even Yes TYSON JACKSON. He made a play in the bigest point of the game.

    You have both also talked about we signed NO free agents Steve Breaston showed he CAN be a GREAT help to this team. I don't want to here it this week. This team EARNED a win.

    Now the question is can they make it stand up going forward. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ​BAN ROY


  2. #21
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Miracle Valley, Az
    Posts
    902
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I would take away from the exchange that it is proof Cassel ISN'T responsible for the lousy 2 and 3 yeard pass calls. Just as I said, it appears he is being told to throw the junk and is as sick of it as we are.

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Getting a little excited in here about a narrow victory over a winless team, aren't we?

    The players did a great job winning that game despite the coaching. I love how Cassel told Haley that Haley didn't know what he was talking about... I couldn't have said it better.
    If you can't get excited over winning our first game this season, what can you get excited over?

    And I agree. Cassel *****ing out Haley was the highlight of the season.

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    845
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Getting a little excited in here about a narrow victory over a winless team, aren't we?

    The players did a great job winning that game despite the coaching. I love how Cassel told Haley that Haley didn't know what he was talking about... I couldn't have said it better.
    I agree. It was against a team that can't put a consistent 4 quarters of football together but i'll take it. But, chiefsrule is calling it like it is. And someone said he will probably say next week if we win that "its because we didnt play the Manning Colts...". If that happens, that would DEFINITELY be a very valid statement for him to make.
    I really enjoyed the game today. It was a longtime coming for all of us. But im not betting the house on it to continue. Hope it does, but the "realist" side needs more than a good half. I have been complaining about this team alot this year. I could be on the thread title list call out. Doesnt mean i dont want them to win! I just expect alot more from them and it has been near impossible to take ANYTHING good away from the 1st 3 games. Nadda. But Chiefsrule should be allowed to express his displeasure with anything he feels like and not get called out with a "Now, what do you have to say?" thread.
    Regardless, today was a good day. Felt great to get a win. Hope this is the start of this team getting thier crap together....

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,195
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    I agree. It was against a team that can't put a consistent 4 quarters of football together but i'll take it. But, chiefsrule is calling it like it is. And someone said he will probably say next week if we win that "its because we didnt play the Manning Colts...". If that happens, that would DEFINITELY be a very valid statement for him to make.
    I really enjoyed the game today. It was a longtime coming for all of us. But im not betting the house on it to continue. Hope it does, but the "realist" side needs more than a good half. I have been complaining about this team alot this year. I could be on the thread title list call out. Doesnt mean i dont want them to win! I just expect alot more from them and it has been near impossible to take ANYTHING good away from the 1st 3 games. Nadda. But Chiefsrule should be allowed to express his displeasure with anything he feels like and not get called out with a "Now, what do you have to say?" thread.
    Regardless, today was a good day. Felt great to get a win. Hope this is the start of this team getting thier crap together....
    So it's an ok excuse for the Colts cuz they don't have Manning but it's not an ok excuse for missing Berry, Charles, and Moeaki?
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

    Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,195
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It's useless with some people. They will NEVER be happy. You can give people like that a million dollars and they would complain that it was all $1's...............
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

    Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 447

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Meh, give 'em credit, don't give 'em credit. The Chiefs do not exist for the affirmations of just one or two naysayers on a BB.


  8. #27
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    So it's an ok excuse for the Colts cuz they don't have Manning but it's not an ok excuse for missing Berry, Charles, and Moeaki?
    Peyton Manning isn't just the Colts QB... he's the QB, OC, and an offensive guru at the live of scrimmage. When the Colts lost Manning, they had to change QBs AND their entire offensive system to accommodate any other QB.

    Just as with the Chiefs, I believe the Colts' pathetic play is also a horrible lack of preparation by the organization and coaching staff.

    However, the Chiefs losing Charles, Moeaki, and Berry didn't require the Chiefs to completely change their entire offensive/defensive systems. There's no way you can honestly make the argument that the drop off from the injured Chiefs players to their backups can in any way compare to the drop off from Manning to Collins. The comparison is so embarrassing, it shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation.

    Every team has injuries... some more than others, but the Chiefs have enough depth that they should have been able to, at the very least, be competitive in the first two games. Losing is understandable when you have major injuries like that. Getting blown out 4 weeks in a row (2 with a healthy team) is inexcusable... ESPECIALLY when it's Detroit and Buffalo who have head coaches or defensive coordinators that you've FIRED!!

    Gunther showed what he could do against the "vaunted" Haley attack, while Gailey showed he was the MUCH better man for the job. Even in victory, Haley failed. You don't show up your QB and team leader on the sidelines for the entire country to see. If the Chiefs HAD lost, you can't tell me that replay wouldn't be all over ESPN all week. The fact that the Chiefs actually won the game, may have bought Haley another week.

    Todd Haley is NOT a good head coach. PERIOD.

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    845
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Peyton Manning isn't just the Colts QB... he's the QB, OC, and an offensive guru at the live of scrimmage. When the Colts lost Manning, they had to change QBs AND their entire offensive system to accommodate any other QB.

    Just as with the Chiefs, I believe the Colts' pathetic play is also a horrible lack of preparation by the organization and coaching staff.

    However, the Chiefs losing Charles, Moeaki, and Berry didn't require the Chiefs to completely change their entire offensive/defensive systems. There's no way you can honestly make the argument that the drop off from the injured Chiefs players to their backups can in any way compare to the drop off from Manning to Collins. The comparison is so embarrassing, it shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation.

    Every team has injuries... some more than others, but the Chiefs have enough depth that they should have been able to, at the very least, be competitive in the first two games. Losing is understandable when you have major injuries like that. Getting blown out 4 weeks in a row (2 with a healthy team) is inexcusable... ESPECIALLY when it's Detroit and Buffalo who have head coaches or defensive coordinators that you've FIRED!!

    Gunther showed what he could do against the "vaunted" Haley attack, while Gailey showed he was the MUCH better man for the job. Even in victory, Haley failed. You don't show up your QB and team leader on the sidelines for the entire country to see. If the Chiefs HAD lost, you can't tell me that replay wouldn't be all over ESPN all week. The fact that the Chiefs actually won the game, may have bought Haley another week.

    Todd Haley is NOT a good head coach. PERIOD.
    Agreed.
    I didnt complain much at all about last years team. We were 10-6, Divsion Champions, life was good. But, they have given us plenty to complain about so far this year...every facet of the game has been a complete mess.
    They are showing backward steps...backward leaps, even. I can complain about that.....but it did feel good to finally see what it feels like to get a win again.
    And if Manning had played, we wouldve got our asses handed to us. Now that he won't, we have a chance.
    So, Manning Colts would've been much different.
    Last edited by KCraised; 10-03-2011 at 09:24 AM.

  10. #29
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    I want to thank all my fans on this board and just to let you know I will be signing autographs after the game next week.
    Really...you are famous for making a thread crying about how you were run off the boards...
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm excited about EVERY chiefs win. Right after the game yesterday I posted that the "yeah but it was against the VIKINGS" crowd would show up, and LO! I am correct... Yep. We beat an 0-4 team, and I am excited about that because we should beat teams like that- and we did.

    Honestly, there's some of you folks that are NEVER going to be happy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. chiefsrule reaches 100 posts!
    By Coach in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 09:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •