Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KCTOUCHDOWN And Chiefsrule

Default KCTOUCHDOWN And Chiefsrule

The two of you should give this team credit this week.

You have both talked about how bad our drafts have been our young players were big reasons we got that win today. Even Yes TYSON JACKSON. He made a play in the bigest point of the game.

You have both also talked about we signed NO free agents Steve Breaston showed he CAN be a GREAT help to this team. I don't want to here it this week. This team EARNED a win.

Now the question is can they make it stand up going forward. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I'm excited about EVERY chiefs win. Right after the game yesterday I posted that the "yeah but it was against the VIKINGS" crowd would show up, and LO! I am correct... Yep. We beat an 0-4 team, and I am excited about that because we should beat teams like that- and we did.

Honestly, there's some of you folks that are NEVER going to be happy.
    Was that really a stretch for you to think those people wouldnt show up? They were an 0-3 team! I am really happy the Chiefs won. We have been talking about it all day at work. Its a baby step. We won a game....but we will see what happens when we play a tougher team, in tougher enviroments. And trust me, they are coming.
    Its a bad feeling when you want your beloved team to win but youre kindof secretly hoping for another blowout in order to force a shake up in the front office and on the field. When they started showing some life, i abandoned that and said screw it, whip thier a**es. Its been a turbulent year....

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    Look man, cassel played better but you have to remember, this is also a 0-4 team.

But yes they did win. Goodbye Luck

:Sad Face:
    Yeah, i was hoping for Luck, too. Hate to watch a season of Chiefs losses but if helps the team next year, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    Wow I am famous now! LOL. Breaston looked good this game but 1 out of 4 doesn't cut it and Jackson looked good? 1 out of 3 years REALLY doesn't cut it. You do realize we played an 0-4 team right? I imagine we will win next week as well but temper your expectations young Jedi as I doubt we hardly win any games at the end of the year. I thought we would win 6 games this year but I don't see us making that....maybe 4. I will give the Chiefs credit for being on a one game winning streak yes. LOL!!! Whoooppeeeeee!!!!
    We played an 0-3 team. So did they.

I'm glad Cassel finally showed us how much of a quitter he is by throwing that ball into the ground even when being protected. That says alot about him and I have much more respect for Haley chewing his *** out. That's what he should have done a long time ago and it worked. Still shows me Cassel needs to go!

That's kind of an insult to the chefs
    Chefs?

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    I'm glad Cassel finally showed us how much of a quitter he is by throwing that ball into the ground even when being protected. That says alot about him and I have much more respect for Haley chewing his *** out. That's what he should have done a long time ago and it worked. Still shows me Cassel needs to go!
    Yeah he's such a quitter he then led the Chiefs to the WIN. What a d-bag!

Really man? LOL
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Look man, cassel played better but you have to remember, this is also a 0-4 team.

But yes they did win. Goodbye Luck

:Sad Face:

Really?

Yes because loseing on purpose is the way to go.

What happend to wanting to win now?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Haha you and i both know we dont have a good team. Thats why we get smashed when we actually play good teams the past 3 years.

Do you think indy regrets going whatever they went to get peyton manning? Doubt it
    No team has ever, ever tanked a season and been better off for it. The Colts didn't tank for Manning, the Spurs didn't for Duncan, and the Penguins didn't for Crosby. They were just awful teams who got lucky. If you really thought that the Chiefs were going to try and tank for the 1st overall pick, you were delusional. If you think the Colts, Seahawks, or Vikings are tanking now, you're delusional. No ownership will alienate its fans (especially season ticket holders) by throwing games away for a prospect, even as good a one as Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    No team has ever, ever tanked a season and been better off for it. The Colts didn't tank for Manning, the Spurs didn't for Duncan, and the Penguins didn't for Crosby. They were just awful teams who got lucky. If you really thought that the Chiefs were going to try and tank for the 1st overall pick, you were delusional. If you think the Colts, Seahawks, or Vikings are tanking now, you're delusional. No ownership will alienate its fans (especially season ticket holders) by throwing games away for a prospect, even as good a one as Luck.
    Vikings would, all they need is that star QB, and with a possible move to LA ....i could see it happening

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Vikings would, all they need is that star QB, and with a possible move to LA ....i could see it happening
    No they wouldn't.

The only way I could possibly see a team losing on purpose (maybe) is if they are tied for last and it's week 15 or 16. The staff might play their backup QB and bench a couple of starters. Even then the players on the field are going to try their hardest to win. There are 3 reasons for this.

1) Money. Nobody is going to play poorly on purpose because all players want to increase their value so they can get more money when they become free agents. This is especially true of players who are in the last year of their contracts. Nobody is going to give up potentially millions of dollars to help their team move up one draft spot.

2) Pride. These games are broadcast across the country. Nobody wants to look bad. Even if your fans know you are doing it on purpose, you would lose the respect of fans of the other 31 teams for failing to uphold the integrity of the game and making a mockery of the sport.

3) Competitiveness. You don't even make it to the NFL without being extremely competitive. You hear stories all the time of professional athletes who hate to lose even on the golf course or playing Monopoly. The desire to win and be the best is drives most of these players even more than the desire to get a big contract. Nobody wants to be on the worst team in the NFL and players will do everything they can to make sure that doesn't happen.

Teams come in last because they lack talent or they have been decimated by injuries. Extremely bad luck can play a part in it too. Teams will never come in last because they want the first draft pick and will never lose on purpose in the first 12 games of the season.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast