Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm thinking Breaston is gonna have a big year

Default I'm thinking Breaston is gonna have a big year

If our offense plays anything like it did last year. We did not have a lot of plays over 20 yards and Breaston is perfect for that, plus he already knows the system. I think Cassel and Breaston will nickel and dime the defenses ala Welker and Brady. As I said in a previous thread I'm very excited about this WR core I think you have two very big talented guys in Bowe and Baldwin you got your speed guys in Breaston, Charles, and Mccluster. Also were not gonna have guys just being able to stack the box and double team Bowe because one of our other guys will open up and I think Breaston will be that guy.

The O line was marginal, but Cassell was still able to get some time with the running threat last season. I can see this receiving corps putting up some big numbers. I can't wait to rub it in the faces of these negative "fans" when we're winning the hard games and rolling to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    The O line was marginal, but Cassell was still able to get some time with the running threat last season. I can see this receiving corps putting up some big numbers. I can't wait to rub it in the faces of these negative "fans" when we're winning the hard games and rolling to the playoffs.

All the whiners can kiss my

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    If our offense plays anything like it did last year. We did not have a lot of plays over 20 yards and Breaston is perfect for that, plus he already knows the system. I think Cassel and Breaston will nickel and dime the defenses ala Welker and Brady. As I said in a previous thread I'm very excited about this WR core I think you have two very big talented guys in Bowe and Baldwin you got your speed guys in Breaston, Charles, and Mccluster. Also were not gonna have guys just being able to stack the box and double team Bowe because one of our other guys will open up and I think Breaston will be that guy.
    You hit on one key point that might take some of the heat off of what will likely be a suspect offensive line again this year.

Last year, we really did not have a receiver core to keep defenses honest, so teams could move a safety up in the box with little fear of getting burnt on the long ball. That safety could help play the run or support a pass rush.

Now with more weapons in the receiving corp and a new Fullback, we should see defenses treating us with a little more respect which might take some of the heat off the O-line. If Cassel burns a couple of teams early on, I believe this could play out.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    You hit on one key point that might take some of the heat off of what will likely be a suspect offensive line again this year.

Last year, we really did not have a receiver core to keep defenses honest, so teams could move a safety up in the box with little fear of getting burnt on the long ball. That safety could help play the run or support a pass rush.

Now with more weapons in the receiving corp and a new Fullback, we should see defenses treating us with a little more respect which might take some of the heat off the O-line. If Cassel burns a couple of teams early on, I believe this could play out.
    Agreed. Stretching the field, early and often to start making teams realize they need to keep guys back will take heat off.

But who knows- we could have some of the young guys really come on and gel, and we could have a decent line with Asamoah, Hudson, Albert, Lilja, and some of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    While I agree with the overall sentiment of this, I don't know that Breaston is the guy that will have a ton of plays over 20 yds. I have watched every game he has played being in Az. and he just isn't that guy. As you mentioned, he is more of a Welker type receiver but hasn't yet displayed the ability to average more than about 10-13 yds a play. I'm guessing his avg over the course of 4 years is about 11 or 12 yds a catch. Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot! Has been a TOUGH SOB and held on to the ball when taking big hits. He's probably averaged 650-750 in yds the last couple years but did go over 1000 3 years ago. Bottom line is that he will definitely help the Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    While I agree with the overall sentiment of this, I don't know that Breaston is the guy that will have a ton of plays over 20 yds. I have watched every game he has played being in Az. and he just isn't that guy. As you mentioned, he is more of a Welker type receiver but hasn't yet displayed the ability to average more than about 10-13 yds a play. I'm guessing his avg over the course of 4 years is about 11 or 12 yds a catch. Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot! Has been a TOUGH SOB and held on to the ball when taking big hits. He's probably averaged 650-750 in yds the last couple years but did go over 1000 3 years ago. Bottom line is that he will definitely help the Chiefs!
    That is a very good point, however, Breaston was the outlet receiver here at Az. Az had Fitzy for the long threat. Usually Breaston was the slot. With Bowe finally stepping up to play Big League ball, it's going to make secondaries have to go more zone defense. And like the Pats, there's too many weapons to contain. This is shaping up to be a good season. 11-5 with wins over GB and Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post

Maybe I confused some people with my thread, I meant to say we don't throw the ball deep a lot and Breaston is amazing at picking up 5 and 10 yard chunks. And that's what we need him for let Bowe and Baldwin get double teamed while Breaston picks up the slot.

I'm looking pretty smart now after the last couple games!

Breaston is stepping up now and making some big catch's. taking the heat off bowe. like that awesome circus catch he made yesterday.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast