Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: In case your wondering

Default In case your wondering

Cassel and the defense won that game for us, Steve Breaston was great pick up, our line still sucks, and we aren't hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It seems unstoppable, your ability to not respond to me!

So, blue chip has nothing to do with a player's rating?

Sure, a player is ranked "can't-miss. " In Brady's case they were wrong. What's going over you head here?

And you're still responding to my initial post. Flattering, but get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    You keep responding to me buddy, not me to you.
    PLEASE RESPOND! I can't handle you not responding to me!

Sure, a player is ranked "can't-miss. " In Brady's case they were wrong. What's going over you head here?

And you're still responding to my initial post. Flattering, but get a life.
    So, wait a minute....

You don't like me?

But I NEED you to like me!!!!

So, since Brady wasn't rated as a blue chip, he was a blue chip anyway?

It is a rating.

PLEASE RESPOND! I can't handle you not responding to me!

So, wait a minute....

You don't like me?

But I NEED you to like me!!!!

So, since Brady wasn't rated as a blue chip, he was a blue chip anyway?

It is a rating.

It *is* a rating. That can be either pre-draft or post-draft. What's going over your head here?

And I feel the need to take your conversation here to its end. If I don't talk to you, who will?

It *is* a rating. That can be either pre-draft or post-draft. What's going over your head here?

And I feel the need to take your conversation here to its end. If I don't talk to you, who will?
    Maybe I can help you guys out here. You seem to be having trouble with the term "prospect." A blue chip prospect is a player who is expected to be one of the best and to be picked in the first round. Brady was never a blue chip prospect because he was never rated that highly when he was a prospect.

Over the years he has become a blue chip player which shows that scouts were wrong about his potential and should have rated him as a blue chip prospect but they didn't.

So quit calling him a blue chip prospect. He is not a prospect now and wasn't "blue chip" when he was a prospect.

He is, however, absolutely a blue chip player now.

You keep responding to me buddy, not me to you.
    Are you sure about this?

It is seeming like maybe you were full of it. But we all know that that couldn't be the case.

So why does it seem like you are responding to me?

It's like a Ben Stiller movie, where he just keeps telling more and more lies to try and cover an initial, extremely innocent, fib, or mistake.

First you tried to claim Tom Brady as a blue chip prospect, because he disproves your exaggerative claims of not being able to win a Super Bowl without one.

Then, because he was drafted in the late sixth round, thus disproving any claim that he was a blue chip, you try to bend the term's meaning by suggesting that a blue chip prospect can be rated low, knowing that "blue chip" is a high rating, not a low one?

Then, to take it even further, you again try to change the meaning of the term to suggest that a long-time NFL starter can somehow become a blue chip prospect?

And next you will be telling us how you grew up "milking" cats to feed the kittens.

You know, we all watch that kind of movie and think "there's no way somebody keeps inventing new, ridiculous lies like that, it just couldn't really happen".

And yet.... here you are.

Are you sure about this?

It is seeming like maybe you were full of it. But we all know that that couldn't be the case.

So why does it seem like you are responding to me?

It's like a Ben Stiller movie, where he just keeps telling more and more lies to try and cover an initial, extremely innocent, fib, or mistake.

First you tried to claim Tom Brady as a blue chip prospect, because he disproves your exaggerative claims of not being able to win a Super Bowl without one.

Then, because he was drafted in the late sixth round, thus disproving any claim that he was a blue chip, you try to bend the term's meaning by suggesting that a blue chip prospect can be rated low, knowing that "blue chip" is a high rating, not a low one?

Then, to take it even further, you again try to change the meaning of the term to suggest that a long-time NFL starter can somehow become a blue chip prospect?

And next you will be telling us how you grew up "milking" cats to feed the kittens.

You know, we all watch that kind of movie and think "there's no way somebody keeps inventing new, ridiculous lies like that, it just couldn't really happen".

And yet.... here you are.
    Uh huh. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself here.

A quick question, when you created "chief31" as your name here, was 31 your age? If so, wouldn't you be close to about 40 now? If so, does the thought that you're wasting your life starting semantic-driven arguments on message boards ever depressing to you?

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Maybe I can help you guys out here. You seem to be having trouble with the term "prospect." A blue chip prospect is a player who is expected to be one of the best and to be picked in the first round. Brady was never a blue chip prospect because he was never rated that highly when he was a prospect.

Over the years he has become a blue chip player which shows that scouts were wrong about his potential and should have rated him as a blue chip prospect but they didn't.

So quit calling him a blue chip prospect. He is not a prospect now and wasn't "blue chip" when he was a prospect.

He is, however, absolutely a blue chip player now.
    Whatever term will make everyone happy, I am happy to use. There's an old lawyer saying, "When you have the facts, pound the facts. When you have the law you pound the law. When you have neither, you pound the table."

Whining about the semantics of what "blue-chip" and "high-powered offense mean" is chief31 pounding the table. The only bright spot is that he'll be calling Cassel the worst player we ever had in a couple years if he doesn't work out.

Uh huh. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself here.

A quick question, when you created "chief31" as your name here, was 31 your age? If so, wouldn't you be close to about 40 now? If so, does the thought that you're wasting your life starting semantic-driven arguments on message boards ever depressing to you?
    Awww.. You don't want to throw another lie on the fire?

NAH! You are ready to make uneducated assumptions now!

WOOT!!!

Do you have some rule against thinking before blurting out whatever comes to your mind?

However, since you seem so interested iin me personally now....

At any age, I enjoy a little internet fun. You don't?

You put yourself through the agony of these discussions for someone else's benefit?

What a humanitarian!!!!

Seriously.... Do you not realize how silly it is to try and make fun of someone for debating online, when you are playing the exact same game?

Depressed?

Not me.

Watch out 31, he'll go all hood on you any moment. You know with the asses and the capping and all. (: It's rather like wrestling with a pig. After a while you figure out they enjoy it.

Awww.. You don't want to throw another lie on the fire?

NAH! You are ready to make uneducated assumptions now!

WOOT!!!

Do you have some rule against thinking before blurting out whatever comes to your mind?

However, since you seem so interested iin me personally now....

At any age, I enjoy a little internet fun. You don't?

You put yourself through the agony of these discussions for someone else's benefit?

What a humanitarian!!!!

Seriously.... Do you not realize how silly it is to try and make fun of someone for debating online, when you are playing the exact same game?

Depressed?

Not me.
    I'm not making fun of you for debating online. I love debating online.

I'm making fun of you because you're an internet troll. Which is below pederasts and serial killers on life's hierarchy.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast