Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R.i.p

Default R.i.p

Al Davis Passed away today.

Oakland Raiders
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

As much as I dislike the Raiders, Al was pretty instrumental in making the NFL into what it is today. Al caught a lot of flack in recent years, but it was nice to see the overwhelming sympathy from NFL fans everywhere after the sad news. RIP Al, and my thoughts are with his family, who lost more than just an NFL icon.

RIP Al, You will be missed by many.

I have always loved to hate Al Davis. At the same time I have always had a Great deal of respect for him. I also have to thank him, for it was my dislike for him that made me a die hard Chiefs fan. Lamar Hunt and Al Davis are the two biggest names in the history of the AFL/NFL. Football is what it is because of both of them, R.I.P. gentlemen, and I for one Thank You for all you have done.

never liked al, always thought he was a lunatic w/the key to the asylym. that said he was a big part of the history of the AFL, the CHIEFS, and the NFL. so thanks Al for helping Lamar make football what is is today. it was somehow comforting to know that he would be there to screw up the raiders, now they may get a good GM and be compettitve again. a local raiders fan here said that son mark did not want to run the team.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123