Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haley is doing his job ...

Default Haley is doing his job ...

I was able to watch from the end of the 2nd quarter on. This team has some fight in them. I can credit that to Haley. That is the HC's job. D. Bowe and Breaston especially were out there fighting for every inch of yardage. Its nice to see the team fighting for a win, instead of laying down.

The first two games, Haley was blowing it and not getting the team ready mentally/physically. Now it seems like they were motivated to win in the 2nd Half.
    Lets hope he keeps them motivated and gets them firing out from the beginning of the game in the next few weeks.

I noticed in the last couple of games, today's game especially, that there were a lot of good second efforts that have been missing since getting beat down by Oakland last season. Today Bowe, Breaston, Jones, Battle, and even Cassel all had a few good bursts during plays that kept things going. I don't know what Haley has changed to light a fire under them, but it seems to be working.
    Last edited by OxDeadface; 10-09-2011 at 11:58 PM.

The team has definitely taken on some of Haley's hardcore attitude. I like that.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Just gotta do something about that pesky first qtr.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I'd go so far as to say that pesky first half.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'd go so far as to say that pesky first half.

They have got to find a way to be faster out of the gates. These slow starts will not bode well against good winning teams. Although we did outscore the Colts 17-7 in the second quarter yesterday, but then again they are not a good winning team. That is what happens when you build your offense around one man.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 10-10-2011 at 01:33 PM.

THIS

This is the one Issue I have with Haley right now. For whatever reason this team has not been good in the opening parts of the game. I don't no if that's Haley is not doing a good job at putting the gameplan together and they make the needed adjustments and that's why. But this has to get better NOW. Outside of that I am happy with Haley right now. But that issue has to be fixed. Perfect time is get it done is the bye week this week. Lets hope they get this done.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THIS

This is the one Issue I have with Haley right now. For whatever reason this team has not been good in the opening parts of the game. I don't no if that's Haley is not doing a good job at putting the gameplan together and they make the needed adjustments and that's why. But this has to get better NOW. Outside of that I am happy with Haley right now. But that issue has to be fixed. Perfect time is get it done is the bye week this week. Lets hope they get this done.
    ^^This continued.^^

I'm not as concerned with slow starts on offense as I am on defense. Sometimes you have to experiment a little to find out what the defense is giving you on that particular day before you can exploit it. Also with a run heavy offense, it may take some time to wear down opposing defenses.

We can't be giving up a lot of points early, however, especially with this offense (last week not withstanding). It puts too much pressure on the Chiefs to come up with big plays and limits what they can do with their run game. Our defense needs to get the stops early while they are still fresh and not create a hole for the offense to climb out of.

It seems like the defense has to wait for the offense to start scoring before they get fired up and start making the big plays. That has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    ^^This continued.^^

I'm not as concerned with slow starts on offense as I am on defense. Sometimes you have to experiment a little to find out what the defense is giving you on that particular day before you can exploit it. Also with a run heavy offense, it may take some time to wear down opposing defenses.

We can't be giving up a lot of points early, however, especially with this offense (last week not withstanding). It puts too much pressure on the Chiefs to come up with big plays and limits what they can do with their run game. Our defense needs to get the stops early while they are still fresh and not create a hole for the offense to climb out of.

It seems like the defense has to wait for the offense to start scoring before they get fired up and start making the big plays. That has to change.
    You know, when I play video game football, I am always conservative starting out and when I get behind I open the playbook up and start really trying...seems to be happening in real life with the Chiefs. When you are desperate, you seem to try harder.
    It starts with the Offensive line

I really would like to have the fast start like we had with DV, but combined with the shut down second half Defense we have had the last two games!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 10-10-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast