Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Haley Nearly Fired Last Week

Default Haley Nearly Fired Last Week

According to Nick Wright, Haley was going to be fired if they would have lost to the Colts.

Seems like a ridiculous overreaction if it's true in my opinion. I don't know what to think of this really, but it certainly diminishes my opinion of Scott Pioli, who would fire his coach 5 games into a season after he went to the playoffs. I dunno, just nonsense to me.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...aley-last-week

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Chiefs Say Nick Wright's Report On Todd Haley Is '100 Percent False'
    by Joel Thorman on Oct 13, 2011 5:07 PM CDT
    As many of you have heard by now, 610 Sports' Nick Wright reported on Thursday afternoon that Kansas City Chiefs GM Scott Pioli was prepared to fire head coach Todd Haley if the Chiefs had lost to the Indianapolis Colts. Wright cited multiple sources within the Chiefs organization for the story.
    The person responsible for making that decision is saying the story is false.
    More accurately, "100 percent false."
    Chiefs GM Scott Pioli went on the record with me for a couple minutes this afternoon and I asked him if Nick Wright's report that he was prepared to fire Haley last week was accurate. Pioli said it was "100 percent false" and strongly refuted the report.
    I asked if there were ever any discussions about firing Haley leading up to the Colts game and, again, he said there was no truth to that.
    the calm before the storm ????
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    According to Nick Wright, Haley was going to be fired if they would have lost to the Colts.

Seems like a ridiculous overreaction if it's true in my opinion. I don't know what to think of this really, but it certainly diminishes my opinion of Scott Pioli, who would fire his coach 5 games into a season after he went to the playoffs. I dunno, just nonsense to me.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...aley-last-week

Yeah. I think it would be an extreme over-reaction.

After what he got out of this team last season, not to mention the significant players lost this year, I think it would be completely illogical to fire Haley after five games.

And I would seriously doubt that any GM would see it too much differently.

This is likely an inaccurate report, based on a rumor within the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    the calm before the storm ????
    I don't believe so. There is no doubt that Haley did a poor job in training camp and preseason getting the team ready for Sept. 11

I honestly believe that Haley has the support of the locker room and the players enjoy working under him. I also believe that Nick Wright does not like Haley and looks for any reason to make him look bad.

The team flat out played the colts due to our conditioning so you cant say Haleys method was a complete bust, the team is improving in spite of what the detractors say. After this year when we get Charles, Berry and Moeaki back we will be that much better.

these rumors are giving me heat burn and gas
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    At this point I'm failing to see the benefit of firing Haley in mid season like this.
    Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Luck.

'Nough said!

Nick Wright was wrong again. Shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Nick Wright was wrong again. Shocker.
    No way!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Yeah. I think it would be an extreme over-reaction.

After what he got out of this team last season, not to mention the significant players lost this year, I think it would be completely illogical to fire Haley after five games.

And I would seriously doubt that any GM would see it too much differently.

This is likely an inaccurate report, based on a rumor within the organization.
    I think that it would all depend on what the score was. If that game turned into anther Buffalo or Detroit I don't think theres any coach who would be shocked to be fired after 3 blow out losses in 5 games. Think that would get many coaches fired.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It worked out for Dallas last year. Who would take over? Jim Zorn or Romeo Crennel.?Definitley not Muir!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast