Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Haley Nearly Fired Last Week

Default Haley Nearly Fired Last Week

According to Nick Wright, Haley was going to be fired if they would have lost to the Colts.

Seems like a ridiculous overreaction if it's true in my opinion. I don't know what to think of this really, but it certainly diminishes my opinion of Scott Pioli, who would fire his coach 5 games into a season after he went to the playoffs. I dunno, just nonsense to me.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...aley-last-week

I messaged Nick's FB page with this comment: "Ya know Nick it has been said that it is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I messaged Nick's FB page with this comment: "Ya know Nick it has been said that it is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
    WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Troublemaker
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!
    I do what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Troublemaker
    Hey, it's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Ok I won't judge I just donated to help you with your problem.

THANKS!

If Haley looses big to the Raiders again, you think they fire him after the game. I hope not, he has been the Raiders' whipping boy.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Firing Haley would be just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Firing Haley would be just plain stupid.
    Unfortunately we've done stupid things before so that doesn't really answer the question.

To answer it no, I don't think Haley does get fired with a loss, big or small. The only way Haley gets fired is if he goes 2-14 for the year. To take that big of a step backwards, not have the troops ready for the trenches in the beginning of the season and be unable to communicate and work with other coaches because they don't do it "your way" would get him fired. That's not just a you haven't done anything for me lately outlook, it's the inability to do your job and that would get any employee fired.
    Last edited by OPLookn; 10-17-2011 at 04:56 PM.

who are the sources that reported this? Reporters have almost zero credibility these days because all they want to do is be the first to report something and they don't care if it's true. We need a bad-*** coach like Haley.

i dont regret any of haleys decisions with preseason. we won the colts game cuz we were more conditioned then them. thats why we were able to pound the ball in the 4th quarter. injuries could happen anytime. if the played more in the 3rd game they had the same amount of time to get injured as well. like the other guy said blame johnsons block for berry and charles was a bad fluke and toeaki has injury history and i think we was playing injured already cuz he was helod out most of preseason. maybe you can blame haley for letting him play so early and not lettting him fully recover from whatever it was. but i like tht we spent time conditioning. but wether they played more in the 3rd or 4th game itws doesnt matter they could have gotten hurt just the same. injuries happen no matter when you play the game.
    it would have been a waste of the last 2 years if we fired haley. i blame pioli for the tyson pick who is a reach no matter if he becomes a descent player or not. that high we should have got an impact player or traded down. pioli and haley you could say made mistakes or not. but giving up on haley is just crazy and which is why i think it was completely false.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast