Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Haley Nearly Fired Last Week

Default Haley Nearly Fired Last Week

According to Nick Wright, Haley was going to be fired if they would have lost to the Colts.

Seems like a ridiculous overreaction if it's true in my opinion. I don't know what to think of this really, but it certainly diminishes my opinion of Scott Pioli, who would fire his coach 5 games into a season after he went to the playoffs. I dunno, just nonsense to me.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...aley-last-week

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    It's not their fault they were scheduled to play 2 crappy teams in a row. They did the only thing they could. They won.
    Worth noting here that the two games we won were both against team many of us thought (before the season started) were likely to fall into the loss column.

Regardless of who they played it's clear to anyone watching that they have played significant;y better starting with the 2nd half of the Chargers game. let's see how they do in the next 2 games before we pass judgment. I'm hopeful they can keep this momentum rolling and at least be competitive.
    Call me what you will, but I think our miserable performance in the first two games had to do with the way Haley chose to deal with the strike/lockout. It seemed to me he took a gamble (we know he likes to gamble) and took training camp and preseason pretty easy. It seems like we just weren't ready for the first two games. Sure, that's Haley's fault, but I can't get too mad at him about it. It seemed to me like he was trying to avoid injuries by not pushing to hard too fast. And I think that was a decent strategy, at least in theory. Even if it didn't pan out well.

We've had 2 1/2 miserable games and 2 1/2 pretty decent ones. At this point I don't think there is any reason to be overly angry at Haley.

The Chiefs are about to be tested. Let's see if they pass.
    It's Raiders week. They have caught a couple of breaks (with all our injuries) and we have caught a couple of breaks (with their injuries). Winning this game is CRITICAL if we are to have any hopes of staying in the playoff hunt. But even so, a loss tomorrow would not have me calling for Haley's head on a pike. Between the strike/lockout and the injuries I think last year's performance earns Haley a "pass" for anything short of a complete meltdown this year.

The Chiefs are about to be tested. Let's see if they pass.
    Ahem... A+

dead Raiders!!!!! Shutout!!!!!

28-0 Baby!!!! 28-0 Baby!!!!!

Shutout Baby......shutout!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456