Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Haley Nearly Fired Last Week

Default Haley Nearly Fired Last Week

According to Nick Wright, Haley was going to be fired if they would have lost to the Colts.

Seems like a ridiculous overreaction if it's true in my opinion. I don't know what to think of this really, but it certainly diminishes my opinion of Scott Pioli, who would fire his coach 5 games into a season after he went to the playoffs. I dunno, just nonsense to me.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...aley-last-week

Scott Pioli and Clark Hunt have made public statements that basically, Nick Wright lied. They said there was never any such plan to fire Coach Haley if the Chiefs lost to the Colts.

Absolutely nothing is believeable the media reports these days...whether it be by a wannabe reporter or a well known reporter from CNN. The media has been reporting irresponsibly for years, twisting truth, adding their own spin & hype, as well as downright lying. It's all about high ratings...the more dramatic the headline the more readers or viewers. Ratings = profit...and that is all the media world tends to care about these days, rather not the truth or confirmed facts.

Until it comes directly from the Chiefs front offices in a public media press conference...I believe nothing reported, nothing.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

There is such a big turnover for head coaches in the NFL. Wowzers. Just a few years ago Haley was this offensive genius in Arizona and now he is on the verge of being fired after 5 games in the middle of the season? Come on Pioli, at least wait till it is obvious the Chiefs will not be making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    There is such a big turnover for head coaches in the NFL. Wowzers. Just a few years ago Haley was this offensive genius in Arizona and now he is on the verge of being fired after 5 games in the middle of the season? Come on Pioli, at least wait till it is obvious the Chiefs will not be making the playoffs.
    Living in the Bay Area I did'nt hear about this one but
    even if we did'nt make the playoffs is no reason to can him just yet. Injuries at three key positions and we have been putting up some offence the last two games (albeit against the two worst teams in the league..lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Scott Pioli and Clark Hunt have made public statements that basically, Nick Wright lied. They said there was never any such plan to fire Coach Haley if the Chiefs lost to the Colts.

Absolutely nothing is believeable the media reports these days...whether it be by a wannabe reporter or a well known reporter from CNN. The media has been reporting irresponsibly for years, twisting truth, adding their own spin & hype, as well as downright lying. It's all about high ratings...the more dramatic the headline the more readers or viewers. Ratings = profit...and that is all the media world tends to care about these days, rather not the truth or confirmed facts.

Until it comes directly from the Chiefs front offices in a public media press conference...I believe nothing reported, nothing.
    Well, the problem is that most of the members of the public know how organizations work. A rumor statement gets made, someone hears it, the coach wins, the GM does not following through, the rumor gets out, the GM and Coach deny it.

This happens a lot, it is called spin. I think we can all hope that the leaders of our favorite team are making the right decisions and are being completely transparent with us. The truth is likely somewhere in the middle. I have no doubt that there was a discussion about how the season was progressing and that there may have well been some reprocussions placed on the team's potential failure to win. The Indy game is likely one of those games where if the Chief's do not win, we officially take the title as the worse team in the NFL, as Indy is really bad without Manning.

A case can also be made that this team has not been well prepared to play, tempers are flairing, attitudes are growing, and the environment around the team has been questionable this year.

In the end, the team won the game, the hard decision to make a change did not happen at this point, it may very well happen at the end of the season though if the team goes back to a 4-12 schedule.

I don't think Scheffter lied, I think he had actionable information, I belive truly that Haley was on the chopping block. I never trust the spin doctors to tell you the real diagnosis.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I don't believe Pioli ever told Haley he would be fired if he didn't win the Colts game. Here is what I think happened.

Haley, who we all know is a very emotional guy, told his team something to the effect of "I'm not going to lose my job because you guys aren't playing your butts off. If I see anybody not giving 100% there will be heck to pay." (Okay, I cleaned up the language a bit.)

A player probably told someone that "Haley is worried about losing his job," and the rumor just snowballed from there.

It doesn't make since that Pioli would make this threat, right after the Chiefs won their first game.

Whatever happened, the players seem to have rallied behind Haley, so it's all good.

I suspect TopekaRoy's interpretation is probably as close to the truth as we will ever get.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I don't believe Pioli ever told Haley he would be fired if he didn't win the Colts game.

If he didn't - he should have. The chiefs seem to be well on their way to mediocrity. That might be ok with some fans - but not this one.

Whatever happened, the players seem to have rallied behind Haley, so it's all good.

Winning two games against two winless teams isn't exactly rallying behind Haley.
    If they can pull off a win vs. Raiders then I will be more inclined to come around to your way of thinking.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Winning two games against two winless teams isn't exactly rallying behind Haley.
    So after losing the first 3 games It's not a step in the right direction? Should they have lost those 2 games instead?

It's not their fault they were scheduled to play 2 crappy teams in a row. They did the only thing they could. They won.

Regardless of who they played it's clear to anyone watching that they have played significant;y better starting with the 2nd half of the Chargers game. let's see how they do in the next 2 games before we pass judgment. I'm hopeful they can keep this momentum rolling and at least be competitive.

The Chiefs are about to be tested. Let's see if they pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Well, the problem is that most of the members of the public know how organizations work. A rumor statement gets made, someone hears it, the coach wins, the GM does not following through, the rumor gets out, the GM and Coach deny it.

This happens a lot, it is called spin. I think we can all hope that the leaders of our favorite team are making the right decisions and are being completely transparent with us. The truth is likely somewhere in the middle. I have no doubt that there was a discussion about how the season was progressing and that there may have well been some reprocussions placed on the team's potential failure to win. The Indy game is likely one of those games where if the Chief's do not win, we officially take the title as the worse team in the NFL, as Indy is really bad without Manning.

A case can also be made that this team has not been well prepared to play, tempers are flairing, attitudes are growing, and the environment around the team has been questionable this year.

In the end, the team won the game, the hard decision to make a change did not happen at this point, it may very well happen at the end of the season though if the team goes back to a 4-12 schedule.

I don't think Scheffter lied, I think he had actionable information, I belive truly that Haley was on the chopping block. I never trust the spin doctors to tell you the real diagnosis.
    The whole general public also knows how the press works.

Someone wants to be the guy to break "the big news", and they here from somebody within the organization, that there was a rumor....

So they report that rumor.

But the vast majority of rumors are incorrect in some way, or another.

Should a couple of office employees be overheard talking, and voice an opinion that Haley could be on the hotseat, then hearing just part of that conversation may sound a lot like stated facts.

When those "stated facts" get passed around, they will sound more, and more like the truth.

Bottom line? This is just a rumor. Without some form of further verification, it is as good as my son saying it, because we do not know where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    ... it is as good as my son saying it, because we do not know where it came from.
    I don't know your son, but I would probably trust him more than I do most reporters!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast