View Poll Results: Here is your Post of the Month Nominees. (Poll will be closed after the 30th.)

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chief31 (3 nominations)

4 30.77%
  • m0ef0e (2 nominations)

3 23.08%
  • stlchief (1 nomination)

1 7.69%
  • Hillbilly ( 1 nomination)

1 7.69%
  • luv ( 1 nomination)

3 23.08%
  • hermhater (Self nominated; what the heck)

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ****September's Post of the Month Contest****

Default ****September's Post of the Month Contest****

***This month's winner will win a Chiefs T-Shirt and 10,000 in Arrowcash.***

THIS MONTHS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ANY FURTHER NOMINATIONS! (POLL FORTHCOMING)
    Last edited by Chiefster; 09-28-2007 at 06:46 PM.

My Nomination is: Chief31 posted 9-7-2007 @ 9:44 am in Chiefs beat Texas Thread.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=40

Is anyone wondering why I would nominate Hillbilly for "Most argumentative"?

The fact is that I too am expecting a losing season, but it wouldn't require a full-fledged miracle, for this team to be a competitor, this season.

I think that we all expect some good things from the defense this year and if Mcintosh does an above-average job, then that gives a boost to our running game and improves the chances for Huard to repeat his stellar play from a year ago, or at least play well enough to make this team a contender.

You appear to have absolutely no hope, where there is, at least, a glimmer. If you consider the above possibilities, and add in a sprinkle of luck, (which is a factor in everything) then this team could make some serious noise.

Looking at the performance of this team, a year ago, What are the major changes? Improved defense; Improved Left Tackle position (leading to a better opportunity to throw the ball well and potentially, a little more running room.) Looking at this team in that light, it is easy to understand how someone could hold some hope, even some optimism.

I may bring in some cloudy weather to the picture, most of the time, but you are trying to bring in something similar to an armageddon. Take a step back and look at how unwilling you have been to grant the slightest glimmer of hope. I just think that you are being exaggerated, in your pessemism. But, go ahead, I'm not trying to stop you. I just thought that I would point out where that glimmer of hope is coming from.

As for the "experts", often times, it can be difficult to see the forrest, for the trees. When one is too close, things look different than what they look like from afar. Many "experts" are too close to have real perspective.

I won't credit any of those "experts" as being all-knowing. I have absolutely zero doubt that there are many times, that NFL "experts are wrong, while a bunch of fans were right. You want to believe that everything falls were it belongs? I'm sorry for you. Because you are too easily convinced. Answer me this... How does George W. Bush become the President of the United States, then get elected to a second term? Often, the people who get the "job", whatever job that may be, are the absolute wrong people to have the job. What is your team presidents name in Arizona, again?
    Last edited by Coach; 09-14-2007 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Added URL to thread
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

My nomination is for stlchief, his post was the start of a great thread "Why not start now? Demand Herm's resignation...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...1814#post21814

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief
    Why wait? The only reason we made the play-offs last year is there was a trace of the previous offense left. By the time we got to Indy, it was dead and gone, only a memory.

The Indy loss and the first game of the season: decent defense, sucky offense.

I will be the first to say it officially:

Unless the Chiefs come up with something other than line-of-scrimmage plays next week, then I say it is time for Herm to resign.

I bet Solari would open it up immediately and least we wouldn't be predicatible...
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Searching for my nominations...

Here is one that I thought was worthy... If only because it gave me a chance to argue with Hillbilly again. Lol.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...2378#post22378

The problem with him is that over the last 5, 6 years, he hasn't brought in key players at a few crucial positions.

WR...have always been avg AT VERY BEST!!

Defense...continues to bring in aging vets that are at the end of their careers. All of the contenders have or have had a stud or two on the defensive unit.

Now, it's the O line. Look how many O lineman were available in the off season these last few years. If you pay the money, they will come. Who wouldn't want to play in KC?? Everyone would!

We have had a stud RB for years and no receivers to force the other team to guard them. When your TE has the most catches for several years, there's a problem.

Now, we have two QB's that are questionable. We IMO, wasted a pick on Croyle because in two or trhee years we will be looking for another QB to replace him.
    Last edited by chief31; 09-14-2007 at 08:45 PM.

I'd also like to submit this one...Then what about this one? ( Iwas drunk last night and may have submitted the wrong post.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368

So certain are we?
    The most notable losses for the Chiefs the past offseason were Will Shields and Trent Green. I think it's safe to say that it was honestly Trent's time to go. Certainly feeling doubted and perhaps wronged by the Chiefs, Trent may find enough fuel to ingnite a spark and return to shades of his former glory in Miami. However, if he had stayed in Kansas City that spark would probably have more accurately resembled a sputter. Perhaps turning into a cloud of smoke as an afterthought to an otherwise bright career here. I'm glad for Trent and the opportunity he is getting with the Dolphins but I am also glad that he is no longer under center for the Chiefs.

The retirement of Will Shields could be said to be more significant and the reverberations of this may be felt by the organization and fans for some time. In all honesty, there is nobody the Chiefs could have picked up then that would prove to be as valuable an asset as Shields. Coupled with the loss of Willie Roaf the previous season, we now get to witness the re-tooling of an offensive line.

Though the situation may seem bleak to some, two things can be said for the Chiefs offensive line this year. Those being Waters and Wiegmann. Both of these guys are stand-out players in a league where linemen are severely underrated. Once one considers the fact that both Turley and Welbourne have been in the Chiefs' system for several years, the situation begins to look a little less dire. Of course, we won't look as good without the hall of fame lineup we once had. In fact, it may be a very long time before any team is blessed enough to boast quality players akin to the likes of Roaf, Shields, Waters, and Wiegmann on the same front. While some may contest the ability of Turley and Welbourne to perform, at least they had a chance to learn from some of the best. Given time, the recently promoted starters on the line could prove to be at least something along the lines of decent.

That being said, where is this rapid decent within the roster to so severely cripple a team that made the playoffs last year? With additions of young talent to the receiving corps and a defense that has vastly improved since the Chiefs' playoff appearance prior to their last one, perhaps they have simply traded some of their strengths for weaknesses and vise versa.

From a casual distance, it seems this team may not have too much to worry about after all. While Shields' retirement was inevitable, the trading of Green is arguably beneficial. Without listing stats, it can be said that Damon Huard performed his job admirably last year in Trent Green's absence. If nothing else, Huard could at least be considered dependable in his abilities.

Again, where is this monumental decline that the media and even dedicated Chiefs' fans keep referring to? Is the loss of two guys really going be so devestating that it effecively reduces a winning team to rubble?

Some may not think so until they look at other key positional changes made by the Chiefs leading up to the regular season.

Releasing Dante Hall did seem to make sense until they signed another guy to specialize in returning kicks instead of giving the opportunity to one of the young guys already with the team. Drummond's performance has been less than impressive thus far and for the sake of my blood pressure, I hope he gets it together soon.

If Lawrence Tynes had not been plagued by the occasional botching of extra points, he may not have been released. Tynes was good on over 78 percent of his attempts last season with two game-winners. As it is, the Chiefs spent a 5th round pick to acquire Justin Medlock-- a guy who seemed to have a lax attitude toward practice and held out for a short time during training camp as a rookie kicker.

Medlock's work ethic could be said to have shown in his performance on the field. After a terribly inconsistent preseason, Medlock was already on a thin rope heading into the regular season. I guess missing his first kick in the regular season was enough to drop him. After week one the Chiefs have already replaced Medlock with third-year kicker, Dave Rayner.

With the defensive philosophy of Herm Edwards, I suspect the reason for all of this was to get a sure-footed kicker that would be reliable in close, defensive contests. It seems that has not panned-out so well. Now the Chiefs must look to Rayner to provide some consistency.

At first glance, these roster changes are not enough to quench my enthusiasm. I am hopeful for this season and have confidence in the talent of this team. However, upon further inspection, some mistakes have been made. Are these mistakes profound enough to so thouroughly decimate the Chiefs from the inside-out as the national media and many fans have predicted? I certainly hope not but you can bet we will soon find out.
    Last edited by chief31; 09-15-2007 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'd also like to submit this one...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1217

The sky may not be falling after all.
    Excerpts taken from original article at: http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story;j...o&confirm=true

Last year, not one division winner had a winning record in the preseason.

New England Patriots2-2
    Baltimore Ravens2-2
    Indianapolis Colts1-3
    San Diego Chargers2-2
    Philadelphia Eagles2-3
    Chicago Bears2-2
    New Orleans Saints1-3
    Seattle Seahawks2-2

If you go back and look at the division winners over the last three years, it's clear that winning in preseason isn't very significant. There have been 24 division winners in three years and the number of those teams that had a winning record in the preseason: 4.

Lets take it a step further and look at the significance of an undefeated preseason. Carolina, Cincinnati and the New York Giants all posted 4-0 preseason records last summer, leading to heightened expectations from fans and media alike. Lots of people proclaimed the Panthers were headed to the Super Bowl, the Bengals could outscore any team in the NFL and the Giants were building a dynasty. All three teams finished 8-8.

Since 2003, nine teams wrapped up the August schedule 4-0 and only four of them produced winning record in the fall.

The Colts have won four straight AFC South titles and, of course, are the reigning world champions. Their preseason record during that four-year run is 5-12. In other words, nobody should be alarmed that they are 0-2 right now. The Eagles have won the NFC East three of the last four years; during those championship seasons, they managed to deliver a combined 4-9 summer record. The Panthers have gone undefeated in the preseason in three of the last four years. A perfect 12-0 and only once in those three years (2003) did it translate into a division title. The only year they didn't go undefeated in the dress rehearsal season was 2005 when they finished at 2-2. And they made the playoffs that year as a wild card.

Did the Saints' 1-3 record last summer leave anyone thinking they would be the story of the year in the NFL?
    This post should not count as I was not the original author. I just copied and pasted part of an article that I thought had some merit.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

This is my first post on this site and would like to thank all of you for your opinions (and suffering) as we all root for our very own KC Chiefs!

Now on to bashing Herm!

I am not going to sit and rant about all of his bad decisions (it's already been done effectively enough by the rest of you), or about how our players are making mental mistakes (because Herm is not doing his job in camp, and pre-season), or about the organizations inability to have a decent draft (they could have gotten Mason Crosby before Medlock, and now Crosby is the starter where Rayner came from), or even about the disastrous losses we have suffered (players and games), I just want to say Dwayne Beau is going to change our offense as soon as him and Brody get on the field for a few full quarters.

I think Damon got hosed last year taking him out when Trent came back, but if we're gonna lose let's get Brody some time to grow while we're doing it.

By chief31

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=82

Quote:
    Originally Posted by texaschief

pt. 1. we made the playoffs without Roaf or an all pro tackle last year....the same number of time as we did with him.

pt. 2. yes, our recieving corp is bad, but we did make an upgrade in the draft this year. i don't think Webb will be a bad #2 with Bowe as our #1 in the future...plus we could always sign a FA at some point. We still have a big target at TE.

pt. 3. Huard should've finished the year as the starter. But if Green was beating out Huard in practice, it's hard to sit a Pro Bowl QB in favor of a lifetime backup who was only 2 games over .500 during a playoff chase and i'd hate to be the making that decision. So, looking back, it's hard for me to say one way or the other what should've been done.

pt. 4. You're right... our line was the best ever with Roaf and Shields...and because the defense was ignored, it was wasted and made as many playoff appearances as last year's did. The point I'M trying to make, is that our line ISN'T THAT BAD to where we need to start ignoring other parts of the team to completely rebuild it. Someone said we should've drafted some guy in the first round of 06...again, ignoring the defense because we wouldn't have Hali. If we can make it to the post season with the line we had last year, it should've been possible with the line this year...because IT IS better than last year's...and that's because it WASN'T ignored in the offseason.

pt. 5. Huard is a statue in that back field. Most of the sacks he took last week were because he couldn't take 2 steps in any direction to avoid the pressure. Huard can't make the simple plays to keep a drive alive. that swing pass to LJ last week made me sick. Both passes caught for TDs were jump balls last week.(one called back) Those "awful" recivers bailed him out. Then he waits too long to throw that last TD pass late in the game...at the very least, Brodie showed he learned how to throw a screen pass...something the other two QBs in that game couldn't do.
    1.) We didn't make the playoffs. Noone else wanted to go, so we were the NFLs last resort.

2.) Our recievers aren't bad, Sammie Parker is bad.

3.) Huard was 4-1 after the leash got dropped from his neck.

4.) Our line is better on paper. Mcintosh is constantly hurt and the whole unit is new to each other. There is yet to be any continuity within them, as a group.

5.) Huard played very well against alot of pressure last season and has done a fair job this season. Yes, he's been having a hard time with screen passes. It'll pass.
    The TD pas to Bowe, (Yes, it was intended for Bowe.) was a terrific pass and I have no clue why you would attempt to make it look bad. And the would-be TD pass for Parker was entirely within Parkers grasp. Parker gave away his position on the ball to the corner. If he had caught the ball above his chest, then the defender would have had no chance of reaching through his body to knock it away. Sammie tried to catch the ball, whlie falling away from it, instead of going to get it.
    Last edited by Coach; 09-23-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Puzzles...
    I don't know about you, but here is how I put puzzles together. I look for all of the edge pieces. I try to get them put together in order to get the border in tact. Then I try to find key pieces. These are pieces that help make the rest of the puzzle go together that much easier. There are pices that help by being easy to tell where they go, and grouping them together. Then, of course, there's that one pesky piece that gets hidden or shoved under something. Once you get it into place, then the puzzle is complete. My grandmother used to take the puzzles that she really liked, and she would glue them together so she could display it.

Why on earth am I posting about puzzles in a Chiefs forum? I think it's the best way to analyze our teams progress so far. Let me explain.

The defense. These are our edge pieces. Once you get them put into place, you've got your boundaries set. They define our limits, and keep things together.

The key pieces. Those pices that make the rest of the puzzle come together. This would be players like Tony Gonzalez, Dwayne Bowe, and Larry Johnson. They open us up to options, thus getting the best fit and helping the other pieces come together more easily.

The grouping pieces. This is where I would bring in special teams. The ensure placement on the field for the key pieces.

That pesky missing piece. To me, that would be our QB. Damon has done a decent job this year. Once he learns how to more accurately hit his receivers and not throw the ball once he's crossed line of scrimmage, he'll be better. He's the player that needs to complete the puzzle and bring the whole thing together. This will be the job of whoever end up at that position permanently.

Finally, the glue. This would be our coaching staff. They must hold us together, and know how to properly display our pieces without showing through or gunking them up. They need to help the players shine and be ready for display.

Have we completed putting our puzzle together? Not quite. I think there's still a few edge pieces that need to be put together. The key pieces are ready to be put into place, but we need our special teams to help them get their placement. We've imporved our kicking, but we still need to be able to stop the return. QB? I have mixed feelings on the QB. Huard still seems to be geting adjusted. I just don't know how patient we should be before deciding that he's a straggler piece from a different puzzle, and that we need to focus finding the true missing piece. The coaching staff, in my opinion, is not doing the greatest job at holding the team together and enabling them to shine like they should. They are hindering players. Gunking them up by holding too tightly on the reins.

I think this puzzle could be a thing of beauty once a few things get fixed. Do we need new glue? Do we have our true missing piece? Does the edge have any holes? All of these questions will be answered in time. It just depends on how much time we want to give them.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1561

Frustration. I'm not trying to start a war. I'm just venting. So please, keep that in mind here...

I'll be honest. I've been getting frustrated, even pissed off, with the constant trashing of the Chiefs by their own fans. Most posts I have read that belittle the Chiefs and their chances this year are laden with sarcasm and negativity with seemingly little to no factual basis, whatsoever. I have done a lot of research and posted many stats that speak to the contrary of what many are saying in the national media and in the Chiefs' fan-nation, alike. Yet, only a few seem to want to give these facts any merit.

I was discouraged enough by this to again check out other Chiefs' forums on the web. What I found was not only more of the same, but it was actually worse. Going into the fourth week of the season, most of these sites are still giving ear to debates that have been long over here on the crowd. For instance, the starting quarterback debate was over as soon as Herm announced Damon as the starter in the preseason. I understand that people who supported Croyle as the starter still made their opinions known on the crowd for some time after but it seems to me that the crowd now views this issue as what it really is: a dead horse. That being said, the "hardcore Chiefs discussion" forum on most other sites is still laden with posts about the matter after 3 weeks regular-season play. Please allow me to say that if you think Croyle should start at this point of the season, you are a certifiable moron, in my opinion.

I also noticed on other Chiefs' forum sites that next-to-nobody posts any stats or analysis to back-up their opinions. There are many posters on the crowd that do, and for that, I am thankful. With the rare exeption, most of the people here at the crowd post with signs of some level of intellect. Those being: complete sentences; stats, facts, and analysis to validate your opinion; respect for others; and keeping things mostly civil when somebody presents an opposing viewpoint. I am glad to be a member of this community as it is by far the best and most-informed I have seen on the web regarding the Chiefs.

However, to those who merely adopt the opinions of others as their own and back it up with nothing more than sarcasm and negativity, I say this: First of all, do yourself a favor by reading and researching in order to formulate your own opinion. This will help develop decision-making skills and improve the logical thought-process. Secondly, do not waste your time trying to change my mind. In fact, there is no reason for you to even talk to me. I will NEVER take off the red sunglasses. Call them rose-colored if you want, but I know the truth. They are RED. Like the color of the Chiefs. Like the color of my team, who always has my full support and in whom I will always place my faith. I see red, I bleed red and I am PROUD of my team. In fact, I would suggest that some of you take off the blue sunglasses because being blue all the time is not a good way to go through life and it seems you may have some depression issues. I'm not naming names and I'm not calling out anybody in particular, here. All I'm saying is get your damn chins up! This is CHIEFS' football season and it's supposed to be FUN and full of HOPE and excitement! I know the possiblilty of disappointment always exists but I'll deal with that when I have to! Until then...

GO CHIEFS!!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1621
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast