Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam Schefter is an Idiot (Trade Bowe)

Default Adam Schefter is an Idiot (Trade Bowe)

Does trading Bowe make sense? - AFC West Blog - ESPN

ESPN’s Adam Schefter is looking at some trades that he thinks make sense, but likely won’t happen before Tuesday’s trading deadline. Included in his proposed deals is a swap of receiver Dwayne Bowe by Kansas City to Tennessee. In the deal, Schefter has the receiver-hungry Titans giving the Chiefs second and fifth-round picks to the Chiefs.

It would surely be a good deal for the Titans, who could use a veteran a receiver as they try to continue their playoff push.

But would it be a prudent deal for the Chiefs? I don’t think so.

Yes, Bowe is a free agent at the end of the year. So, if they don’t think they can or want to extend him, getting valuable picks is better than losing Bowe outright.

But I think the Chiefs need to keep him. They have plenty of cap room and he is a core player. The Chiefs will be better with Bowe than without him. He is heating up after a brilliant season last year. He and quarterback Matt Cassel have a terrific rhythm together.

I know the Chiefs drafted Jon Baldwin in the first round and signed Steve Breaston in free agency. But this offense could be very dangerous with all three of these receivers.

Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli has done an outstanding job in giving his core players contract extensions. The fact that Bowe has not been given a new deal yet could be a sign that there is hesitation on one of the two sides.

But, in the end, I think extending Bowe would be a better avenue than trading Bowe.

Shefter's an idiot.

We must retain him!! J. Baldwin has not proven himself to be a top calibre receiver and I'd hate to see JB turn into another Sylvester Morris. This was the problem with KC's offence last year that Cassel did'nt have enough weapons to throw the ball to and now you're going to not resign the guy that Cassel has gelled with the most..Big Mistake!!! Breaston is a slot machine and not a primary receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Not gonna happen. I don't think Adam Shefter has any love for the Chiefs at times due to some of his comments. He's often right but is way off on this one, IMO.
    He's a former Broncos guy. That's why I think the same thing you do.

Resident Celebrity

Dwayne Bowe is the most underrated QB in the NFL. He needs a change of scenery as much as I like watching him in a Chiefs uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Dwayne Bowe is the most underrated WR in the NFL. He needs a change of scenery as much as I like watching him in a Chiefs uniform.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    Knowing pioli he probably thinks this is a great idea...

More draft picks like tyson jackson!

WOW! You just don't quit do you?

I look at it like this: Pioli and Haley made some tough choices-like getting rid of our best linemen, but they are trading short term success for long term gains. They are being very careful to get the best (possible) talent for the least money. They obviously know talent. Last year is not a fluke. This is their 3rd season and should have been the breakout year. There's a lot of reasons for our struggles; poor season preparation, injuries and coaching turnover. Since Montana got us 1 play from the Super Bowl we've lived with a "next year" mentality(BTW if you review the film, he spiked the ball with 2.3 seconds and we would have made an easy field goal to win-damned refs!). I really think that, this time, we have the players and coaches we need to be a real Super Bowl contender. I believe we are inches from breaking through. I no longer give a crap what the haters(yes even our fans can be haters) say. I don't want to throw out the baby because the water is a bit dirty. Let's see this through and then if things don't work out, kick the infant to the curb.

Sure lets go ahead and trade Bowe and Cassel but I want Tom Brady!!!

I'm for that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Dwayne Bowe is the most underrated QB in the NFL. He needs a change of scenery as much as I like watching him in a Chiefs uniform.
    So people recognize him?? He is 2nd in the league to Calvin Johnson in TDs over the last two years. We should get rid of him because people underrate him?? Thats nuts
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast