Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam Schefter is an Idiot (Trade Bowe)

Hybrid View

Default Adam Schefter is an Idiot (Trade Bowe)

Does trading Bowe make sense? - AFC West Blog - ESPN

ESPN’s Adam Schefter is looking at some trades that he thinks make sense, but likely won’t happen before Tuesday’s trading deadline. Included in his proposed deals is a swap of receiver Dwayne Bowe by Kansas City to Tennessee. In the deal, Schefter has the receiver-hungry Titans giving the Chiefs second and fifth-round picks to the Chiefs.

It would surely be a good deal for the Titans, who could use a veteran a receiver as they try to continue their playoff push.

But would it be a prudent deal for the Chiefs? I don’t think so.

Yes, Bowe is a free agent at the end of the year. So, if they don’t think they can or want to extend him, getting valuable picks is better than losing Bowe outright.

But I think the Chiefs need to keep him. They have plenty of cap room and he is a core player. The Chiefs will be better with Bowe than without him. He is heating up after a brilliant season last year. He and quarterback Matt Cassel have a terrific rhythm together.

I know the Chiefs drafted Jon Baldwin in the first round and signed Steve Breaston in free agency. But this offense could be very dangerous with all three of these receivers.

Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli has done an outstanding job in giving his core players contract extensions. The fact that Bowe has not been given a new deal yet could be a sign that there is hesitation on one of the two sides.

But, in the end, I think extending Bowe would be a better avenue than trading Bowe.

LOL never gonna happen

If they only got a 5th round pick for Bowe I would be REALLY UPSET. I would not be happy if they traded Bowe at all. But pretty sure that's not going to happen.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I think the key here is whether they plan to resign him. JC, flowers, Hali, dj have all gotten new deals. They either are far apart on negotiations and just plan on franchise tagging him. Or they might have been planning to move him all along and drafted Baldwin as his replacement.

Trading him for anything less than a first round pick is a mistake though.

I like Bowe. Lord knows he can be an outstanding asset to our Chiefs.

That said, he has had some "ego" issues in the past and keeping him will certainly cost big money.

Under the right circumstances, trading him might be a good move. But not to the Titans. We're looking to become a serious contender in the next 2-3 years and hopefully stay a contender for a good long while.

Trading Bowe to the Titans would be a long term move and a big mistake. If we were to consider trading Bowe it needs to be for a first 1st and 5th round pick and those picks need to come from a basement dweller.

We don't have enough proven top tier talent at this point to be trading away what we do have.

It's not like we can't afford to pay him well if he has another big year. Dwayne is on the line of either being a great receiver or a Breaston type receiver, I'd venture a guess he and the Chiefs are both seeing where he will be at the end of the season.

If Bowe continues to play the way he has the last few games, his value will only go up. That's fine if the Chiefs are looking to trade him, but if they want to keep him they should extend his contract as soon as possible.

It's weird. In this pass happy league, good receivers should be a huge asset, but it seems like teams are undervaluing them this year. They could be had pretty cheaply in this year's Free Agent market. Experienced veterans like Randy Moss, Terrel Owens and Chad Ochocinco are having trouble just finding a job. While they are all past their primes, they could still play a role in helping out some teams. Brandon Lloyd led the NFL in receiving yards last year and all Denver wants for him is 2 low (4-6) draft picks.

I think Bowe is too valuable for the Chiefs to let him go, but maybe they think they can get better value in next year's draft and Free Agency.

Moss retired. We have already had 2 straight seasons of rebuilding. This is the time to make a run for the Super Bowl-if not this year as it's looking, then next year for sure. Bowe is the foundation of our passing game. Letting him go would mean starting the rebuilding process again. That's a crap shoot I'd rather not take again. Keep Bowe and continue building the offense. He finally is paying dividends-who in their right mind would want to see him go now?

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Moss retired. We have already had 2 straight seasons of rebuilding. This is the time to make a run for the Super Bowl-if not this year as it's looking, then next year for sure. Bowe is the foundation of our passing game. Letting him go would mean starting the rebuilding process again. That's a crap shoot I'd rather not take again. Keep Bowe and continue building the offense. He finally is paying dividends-who in their right mind would want to see him go now?
    Well said! That is what I was trying to say.

Not gonna happen. I don't think Adam Shefter has any love for the Chiefs at times due to some of his comments. He's often right but is way off on this one, IMO.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast