Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Palmer will be a Raider

Default Carson Palmer will be a Raider

Raiders trade this years 1st and a conditional draft choice in 2013. Sweet! It has no bearing on this weeks game but Palmer with these weapons......wow!

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    lol no one wants campbell
    Dolphins and redskins might take him at this point. But proabley no one eles to be there starter.

Yeah I think he plays this week. Marshal Faulk said they run the same style of offense... (cincy and oak)

There was a reason they were in panic mode to sign a qb and that reason was kyle boller. hhaha
    Now that I can agree with you on
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yup. Hugh Jackson ran cincy's offense for two or three years so he definitley knows the offense.

What i'm most impressed with is Oakland's desire to win now and whatever it takes attitude. Would be nice to see the Chiefs show the same. Super Exciting for the fans.

He definitely improves the Raiders in the short term but I think they gave up way to much for him. I guess they have a win now mentality.

I have a question.

Why are you here? Too much time on your hands? We know Raiders fans dont have jobs, maybe you should get a job
    Cute, I'm a pediatrician. Take it for what you want. I'm just intrigued by opposing fans take and like to balance it from some homer attitudes on the Raiders' board. If and when I have down time, I like to check the boards out as a break.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

I have a question.

Why are you here? Too much time on your hands? We know Raiders fans dont have jobs, maybe you should get a job
    I'm not throwing in with a raider fan, but Yoda is knowledgeable about the game. He throws a jab once in awhile, but seems to be a good sport. He just roots for the wrong side. After all, what this this game without rivalry?

If the Chiefs can get an early lead, it's possible Palmer will just quit, like he did with the Bengals.
    Chiefs in 2011

Well, wether Boller or Palmer starts...the run game is the bread and butter of the Raiders' O and should be the focus of the Chiefs' D. As of late, the Raiders running game has slowed to a crawl, which is quite worrisome. D's don't respect the passing game and won't until Palmer gets in sync with the O.

On D the Raiders have perked up and have put some serious pressure on the opposing QB plus have been able to shut down two running games in row. They have also mixed it up on D between man to man and zone.
    I fully expect the DL to dominate again.

SPT is on fire and is a a top 5 unit in the NFL.

If the Raiders are to win this game, it will happen by through D and SPT's with just enough from the O to manage the game and score atleast to TD's.

Raiders 23 Chiefs13
    Last edited by Yoda; 10-18-2011 at 09:14 PM.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

I gotta tell ya. That is a huge price to pay for a QB thats had two major surguries and hasn't been very good in the last 3 years. The Raiders are betting on the next three years drafts on Carson taking them to the promise land.This has the potential of being a great deal or potentially the worst since Herchel Walker..lol

I'll admit when Carson has a running game to take the heat off of him they have a legit chance..When Benson in Cincy was running effectivly they swept their division that year and entered the playoffs and the Raiders do have an excellent running game and some speedsters to get open (though they don't have the best hands).

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Well, wether Boller or Palmer starts...the run game is the bread and butter of the Raiders' O and should be the focus of the Chiefs' D. As of late, the Raiders running game has slowed to a crawl, which is quite worrisome. D's don't respect the passing game and won't until Palmer gets in sync with the O.

On D the Raiders have perked up and have put some serious pressure on the opposing QB plus have been able to shut down two running games in row. They have also mixed it up on D between man to man and zone.
    I fully expect the DL to dominate again.

SPT is on fire and is a a top 5 unit in the NFL.

If the Raiders are to win this game, it will happen by through D and SPT's with just enough from the O to manage the game and score atleast to TD's.

Raiders 23 Chiefs13

To me this game is just about as simple as stoping your running game. If the Chiefs can do to your runners what they did to AP from the vikings then we have a great chance to get the win.

You D is scary given that our O line can struggle at times. Our runing game is still 6th in the NFL even without Charles so they are going to have there own Challange in stoping Our running game.

I am looking for a good close game much like we saw last year. Just hopefully its us pulling out the win late this time

Chiefs 20 raiders 17
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    I gotta tell ya. That is a huge price to pay for a QB thats had two major surguries and hasn't been very good in the last 3 years. The Raiders are betting on the next three years drafts on Carson taking them to the promise land.This has the potential of being a great deal or potentially the worst since Herchel Walker..lol

I'll admit when Carson has a running game to take the heat off of him they have a legit chance..When Benson in Cincy was running effectivly they swept their division that year and entered the playoffs and the Raiders do have an excellent running game and some speedsters to get open (though they don't have the best hands).

Yeah the price they paid to get him is the main reason I don't really like that deal. I think the Bengals got the better end of the deal. But if Palmer can be what he once was the Raiders are going to be in good shape for the next few years. I really don't see that happening though. Palmers just never been the same since he got hurt.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast