Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Palmer will be a Raider

Default Carson Palmer will be a Raider

Raiders trade this years 1st and a conditional draft choice in 2013. Sweet! It has no bearing on this weeks game but Palmer with these weapons......wow!

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Cincy definately got the better part of this deal..If Cincy hits on those picks they are sitting pretty to wreak havic in the AFC for some time to come.. Palmers play has regressed in recent years but take into account that Chad Johnson's play has been horrible in Cincy as of late and only has 9 catches so far this year in NE.

I'm sure that the Raiders looked at this intelligently and realized the fact they are a young team and can afford to blow a 1st and 2nd rounder (possible 1st rounder in 2013 if they reach the third round in playoffs) and still remain competetive. They have young talent at just about every skill position and all they need is a QB to get them over the hump then why not roll the dice. Plus given the fact that both Palmer and the HC have worked together over the years is a nice fit.

I knew this whole thing about Al was just a publicity stunt. He's still in control!

Resident Celebrity

If Palmer starts, it could throw a hitch in our plans. We haven't planned for Palmer. We're expecting Campbell. The change could make things tough.

But lets face it.....THIS IS RAIDERS WEEK!!!!!!!

And it also happens to be a game we MUST WIN!!!!!!!

KILL RAIDERS!!! KILL RAIDERS!!!! KILL RAIDERS!!!!!

If we beat the damned filthy Raiders then we are 3-3 and still in the hunt. If we lose to these rotten little thugs then all we have to talk about is next year.

This is the most important game of the season so far!

KILL RAIDERS!!!!!!

Raiders gave up way too much. If they don't win the SB, this is a horrible deal.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

The Raiders have essentially no draft picks next year. Tell me that Terrell Pryor pick wasn't a waste...glad Palmer gets to play again though. Could you blame him for wanting to leave Cincinnati?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Raiders trade this years 1st and a conditional draft choice in 2013. Sweet! It has no bearing on this weeks game but Palmer with these weapons......wow!

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    The Raiders have essentially no draft picks next year. Tell me that Terrell Pryor pick wasn't a waste...glad Palmer gets to play again though. Could you blame him for wanting to leave Cincinnati?
    I disagree, It's not a wasted pick. Campbell is not the QB to mentor a rookie. His passing skills compared to Palmer's is night and day. Palmer is a short term fix (3 years IMO) and a good pocket passer. Something the rookie Pryor can learn from before getting the keys to the offence in the future. He will be the #2 QB next season I would assume. Since for the most part the Raiders #1 picks havn't panned out anyways and with no GM in place yet who knows how their 2012 draft is going to go if they had that first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    If Palmer starts, it could throw a hitch in our plans. We haven't planned for Palmer. We're expecting Campbell. The change could make things tough.

But lets face it.....THIS IS RAIDERS WEEK!!!!!!!

And it also happens to be a game we MUST WIN!!!!!!!

KILL RAIDERS!!! KILL RAIDERS!!!! KILL RAIDERS!!!!!

If we beat the damned filthy Raiders then we are 3-3 and still in the hunt. If we lose to these rotten little thugs then all we have to talk about is next year.

This is the most important game of the season so far!

KILL RAIDERS!!!!!!

Although they haven't had much time to practice with him either.

My face when I heard they traded a first round pick and potentially another one:

Man, this year they might do OK with palmer (if he gets his mojo back) but after this year it's over for the raiders. With only 2 picks next year (not including their 1st rounder. YESSS) they aren't getting any new young talent from anywhere. They might be in the same situation the following year too. I think Al would be shaking his head if he was still around.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    My face when I heard they traded a first round pick and potentially another one:

Man, this year they might do OK with palmer (if he gets his mojo back) but after this year it's over for the raiders. With only 2 picks next year (not including their 1st rounder. YESSS) they aren't getting any new young talent from anywhere. They might be in the same situation the following year too. I think Al would be shaking his head if he was still around.

I disagree with ya on that. One man's trash is Big Al's tressure. Thats what he has done for years, taken all the hand me downs, one's nobody wants, and for the most part he was pretty good at it. I don't think Palmer will be in this week unless Boller really sucks. It will be intresting to see how all this plays out.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast