Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Palmer will be a Raider

Default Carson Palmer will be a Raider

Raiders trade this years 1st and a conditional draft choice in 2013. Sweet! It has no bearing on this weeks game but Palmer with these weapons......wow!

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

You guys just got a whole lot better. Should make for some great games in the west

Campbell just became the best back up in the leauge or trade bait.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Campbell just became the best back up in the leauge or trade bait.
    He's a free agent next year.

Palmer can hand the ball off to the running back as well as anybody, I guess. His passer rating has gone down every year since 2005. I'd say he's about average or slightly above at this point. And the Chiefs won't have to worry about him this week, anyway.

His career could get ressurected with Al Saunders and Hue Jackson. This gives Pryor WAY more time to develope.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

His career could get ressurected with Al Saunders and Hue Jackson. This gives Pryor WAY more time to develope.
    Palmer had an 82.4 passer rating last year (26 TDs and 20INTs). Campbell was at 84.2 this year. I'd say it's about a wash.

Raiders trade this years 1st and a conditional draft choice in 2013. Sweet! It has no bearing on this weeks game but Palmer with these weapons......wow!
    They are reporting 2 1rst rounders, this years and next years. A 31 year old QB on a 5 year consistent decline. I would have my reservations. This is either gonna be looked at as a genius move or a giant bust.

The price is very steep and it seems like a bit of desperation. I can only think with the cap issues in oakland it made giving up the first rounders a little easier.

But I digress. Oakland is stout this year and we look like we are back to the drawing board after winning the division. I will never wish you guys success but I do want the rest of your season injury free. KC has had enough for the whole AFC west.

Gregg Rosenthal just brought up a great point...The Raiders have given up a 2012 1st on Palmer, 3rd on Pryor, and 4th on Jason Campbell. Let's be honest, the Bengals have actually been a better team without Carson Palmer. I don't see a huge upgrade from Campbell to Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Gregg Rosenthal just brought up a great point...The Raiders have given up a 2012 1st on Palmer, 3rd on Pryor, and 4th on Jason Campbell. Let's be honest, the Bengals have actually been a better team without Carson Palmer. I don't see a huge upgrade from Campbell to Palmer.
    Well, just have to wait and see. There definently positive and negatives with this trade. But to sit and do nothing.....the Raiders have acquired a QB far better than they could have hoped for. They have done well acquiring hidden gems in the draft....Ford.....Moore....Valdeer.....Wiesnewskwi (sp?). Carson has worked with Hue before, so the learning curve won't be as steep.

The immediate problem is Boller starting this Sunday against a bitter rival. The running game and the D must bail the team out against the Chiefs.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast