Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Gameplan's Week 7 Chiefs vs Raiders Preview Video

Default Football Gameplan's Week 7 Chiefs vs Raiders Preview Video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR782E_TfBU"]Chiefs vs Raiders Video Preview[/ame]

Good afternoon Chiefs fans!! Good luck this week!!

Em

P.S.

This video was made before Palmer was traded and named starter

Chiefs fan talking smack to Raiders fan about missing the Super Bowl? Really? Wow.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Chiefs fan talking smack to Raiders fan about missing the Super Bowl? Really? Wow.
    True, but check our cumulative record against each other.

If your talking head to head, the Chiefs do lead the series between the Raiders. What bearing does that have on this game?

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

If your talking head to head, the Chiefs do lead the series between the Raiders. What bearing does that have on this game?
    About as much as the number of SuperBowls the Raiders have played in!

I agree, wow imagine that. A Chiefs and Raiders fan agreeing.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

I agree, wow imagine that. A Chiefs and Raiders fan agreeing.
    All the back and forth about head to head, number of playoff wins, number of playoff appearances, number of SB appearances, number of SB wins etc is utterly useless for anything other than consoling yourself if your team loses.

The only thing that matters is who wins when we play each other.

Every year 2 of our 16 games matter more than the other 14.

It has always been that way and it always will be.

Well, let me let you in on a little secret. Unlike the Chargers, Broncos, and Chiefs. We don't have "______ week" and winning only the two games vs the most hated division rival is not satisfying. Winning championships is. I guess those are the biggest difference between the two franchises and their fan base.
    Last edited by Yoda; 10-21-2011 at 01:10 PM.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Well, let me let you in on a little secret. Unlike the Chargers, Broncos, and Chiefs. We don't have "______ week" and winning only the two games vs the most hated division rival is not satisfying. Winning championships is. I guess those are the biggest difference between the two franchises and their fan base.
    With that kind of logic, why even have rivalries?

As for the game itself, the Raiders d-line stomped us last year, but surprisingly, the Chiefs O-line has been much better this year. The only weakness is Richardson, though Lilja hasn't been great either. Albert has played way better than in previous years.

The Raiders secondary flat-out sucks now. No Asomugha really hurts, and their safeties suck too. The Raiders do have a good O-line, but their receivers aren't the greatest, so Palmer will have to make things happen if they fall behind.

This game falls on whether the Chiefs O-line stops the pass rush of the Raiders. If they do, the Chiefs should win.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Your loss. What do you do in the years when you know there is just no way you are getting anywhere near an AFC Championship? PLAY GOLF???

HATING the Raiders means that no matter if we are good or bad that year (or even a "parity team") there are still going to be two games every year that are every bit as important as a playoff game.

RAIDERS WEEK BABY! JUST KILL 'EM!!!!

As I said before, it's what separates us....you don't understand. We love beating our hated rivals....but it's not the sole focus of the season, championships are. When the team is down, it sucks and beating hated rivals helps, but does not satisfy. This Sunday, I would love nothing more than to see the Raiders destroy the Chiefs again. Then move on as they continue there quest.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast