Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: baldwin game time decision

The route timing between Cassel and Baldwin is whats keeping him from starting. He has been running routes on the side during practice but has very little time working with Cassel.

Both teams have a lot riding on this game and if Baldwin is any kind of liability he doesnt need to be on the field this week. I'm fine with him sitting on the bench a week or two more before he and Matt can get on the exact same page.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Perhaps a additional lesson being taught to a rookie?
    This is what is happening. Haley don't like the guy or his attitude. I'd say our scouting dept. dropped the ball on this one.
    SHUT IT

Dropped the ball based on what? The apparant fact you dont like him or the four plays he had in the preseason? He has yet to play a down in a game. He is going to make mistakes the first few games after that, the end of the season might be a better time to make that type of statement.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Dropped the ball based on what? The apparant fact you dont like him or the four plays he had in the preseason? He has yet to play a down in a game. He is going to make mistakes the first few games after that, the end of the season might be a better time to make that type of statement.
    I didn't say I didn't like Baldwin. I'm saying Haley doesn't like the guy. If he did - he'd be on the field. If a healthy number one draft pick is healthy - which he is - he should be playing.
    SHUT IT

I think since this teams window of opportunity to recover from a bad play is so small this year that they will not allow Baldwin to take the field before he has proven in practice that he and Cassel have a rapport. He is getting first team reps in practice now but that is only the past couple weeks.

I'm not totally disagreeing that Haley isn't on his *** but I don't think that's the major reason why he isn't out there.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I'm not totally disagreeing that Haley isn't on his *** but I don't think that's the major reason why he isn't out there.
    I will have to disagree. I think Haley is still tearing down Baldwin due to his attitude in camp. Haley is a recievers coach - it's his way or the highway.
    That being said, I believe mission accomplished. I listened to his interview yesterday on 610 and Baldwin said all the right things about putting team first. He will be a star in this league - and I am hoping it starts vs. raiders...
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12