Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baldwin game time decision

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    You posted a link to a link to the story. Why don't you skip the middleman?

Here's the link: Haley: Baldwin to be game-time decision | Red Zone

Baldwin is physically healthy but Haley is concerned about taking touches away from Bowe and Breaston.
    ''I have to think about Steve Breaston and Dwayne Bowe a little bit. They’ve been playing really well the last couple of weeks specifically and I don’t want to disrupt them a whole bunch.''
    Two of the other backup wide receivers, Terrance Copper and Jeremy Horne, have been among the Chiefs’ better special teams players. If the Chiefs let Baldwin play, he would probably replace Horne on the active roster but Haley said Baldwin can’t yet make up for what Horne gives them on special teams.
    I'd like to see what he can do in a game, but not if his being on the field hurts the team.

Perhaps a additional lesson being taught to a rookie?

I won't pretend to know what's best for the team, but if Baldwin caught a ball or two early on, it might loosen things up for Bowe and Breaston.

Last year it seemed like when Moeaki caught a ball it would free Bowe up a bit. Or that is how it seemed to me.

The Raiders are playing QB games with us. Be good for us to play some receiver games with them.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Perhaps a additional lesson being taught to a rookie?
    I absolutely think this is a lesson for the rookie. Don't care what round you are in if you don't have the right attitude I have the ability to put your butt on the bench for the next 4 or 5 years. How long did we lock Baldwin up for?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I won't pretend to know what's best for the team, but if Baldwin caught a ball or two early on, it might loosen things up for Bowe and Breaston.

Last year it seemed like when Moeaki caught a ball it would free Bowe up a bit. Or that is how it seemed to me.

The Raiders are playing QB games with us. Be good for us to play some receiver games with them.
    You're 110% right, I'd say that description fits the phrase "keep them honest". To me Baldwin is still in Haley's dog house and he's going to prove to the 1st round draft pick that it's Haley's way or the pine way. I don't know if this is how he "breaks" receivers so to speak or what. Either way if we don't see Baldwin this week I'd venture we'd see him in limited capacity next week.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    You're 110% right, I'd say that description fits the phrase "keep them honest". To me Baldwin is still in Haley's dog house and he's going to prove to the 1st round draft pick that it's Haley's way or the pine way. I don't know if this is how he "breaks" receivers so to speak or what. Either way if we don't see Baldwin this week I'd venture we'd see him in limited capacity next week.
    If Haley thinks he needs to keep Baldwin on the bench this week then obviously it is his decision. That said, THIS IS RAIDER WEEK! If at the end of the game we are 2-4 then I pretty much think we are out of contention. 3-3 would keep us "in the hunt". I sincerely hope Haley will use every weapon, trick and gizmo he can come up with to pull out a victory in this game. If Baldwin is a viable weapon then I think Haley needs to use him even if it as little more than a decoy.

IMHO this game is too important to be teaching lessons by making healthy players ride the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    If Haley thinks he needs to keep Baldwin on the bench this week then obviously it is his decision. That said, THIS IS RAIDER WEEK! If at the end of the game we are 2-4 then I pretty much think we are out of contention. 3-3 would keep us "in the hunt". I sincerely hope Haley will use every weapon, trick and gizmo he can come up with to pull out a victory in this game. If Baldwin is a viable weapon then I think Haley needs to use him even if it as little more than a decoy.

IMHO this game is too important to be teaching lessons by making healthy players ride the bench.

That kind of argues for both sides. Haley almost sounds like that athlete that keeps wearing the same socks without washing them because they won in them the last 2 weeks. I've heard don't mess with success and if you don't change you'll be left behind.

Overall I agree that Baldwin needs to be worked in. Haley almost seems to be a little gun shy and since he has such a background in golf I'll put it this way. Right now he's the young golfer that doesn't want to go play 18 because he's doing well on the driving range and is scared about what mistakes might be made in a live situation.

Or could it simply be that he really doesn't want to rush an injured rookie back too soon? We got how much $ wrapped up in the guy? So I think people are making this out to be more than what it is: protecting an expensive, long-term investment.
    Last edited by azchiefsfan; 10-21-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    That kind of argues for both sides. Haley almost sounds like that athlete that keeps wearing the same socks without washing them because they won in them the last 2 weeks. I've heard don't mess with success and if you don't change you'll be left behind.
    Exactly....Don't forget that Haley has said he is not going to shave or change the hat he wears on game day as long as we are winning.

I hope he is the shaggiest looking coach in the NFL by the end of the regular season! 13-3 has a nice ring to it.

This Guy Is Our Number 1 Pick,when Is He Going To Be Of Some Use To Us.so Far He Is Collecting A Paycheck For Doing Nothnig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast