Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley Nearly Fired Last Week

Default Haley Nearly Fired Last Week

According to Nick Wright, Haley was going to be fired if they would have lost to the Colts.

Seems like a ridiculous overreaction if it's true in my opinion. I don't know what to think of this really, but it certainly diminishes my opinion of Scott Pioli, who would fire his coach 5 games into a season after he went to the playoffs. I dunno, just nonsense to me.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...aley-last-week

My thought is that with Haley standing by the players that have struggled and told them to keep on keepin on that it's put Pioli in a bad spot. If Haley is loyal and it gets down to it if someone has to go it'll have to be Haley or Pioli. I think it's just getting set up to be Haley if this is true.

Like the link in my original post notes too, Nick Wright does have contacts with people on the inside. I remember he was the one to break the Thomas Jones/Jon Baldwin fight.

WOW

Don't know if this would have been good for the team. But if they got blown out again like it looked like they were are one point during that game then I don't think anyone could really be that upset about it. 3 blow outs in 5 games any coach could get fired for that. But that didn't happen so we will see how the rest of the season goes.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

At this point I'm failing to see the benefit of firing Haley in mid season like this.

if we gave up another big blow out to Indy mid season is as good as any time to can him. he could be walking a fine line from here on
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

from the NFL:

Kansas City's frantic rally from a 17-point deficit did not just save the Chiefs from an embarrassing loss to the Indianapolis Colts, but it might have saved Chiefs coach Todd Haley's job, too.

Citing multiple team sources, KCSP-AM reported Thursday that general manager Scott Pioli was prepared to fire Haley if the Chiefs lost to the Colts. In other words, Haley owes wideout Dwayne Bowe a nice gift basket when the Chiefs return from their bye week.
    Haley led the Chiefs to a 10-6 record and an AFC West crown last season but has been widely criticized for the club's poor start in 2011. Haley's detractors cite his decision to treat the preseason as a de facto conditioning program, which led to tight end Tony Moeaki's season-ending injury, as well as his over-the-top demeanor on the sidelines.

Haley is 16-22 in his two-plus seasons with the Chiefs, and it has been reported that he doesn't have the best relationship with his Pioli.

But the Chiefs have now won two straight, and at least for now, there doesn't seem to be an imminent regime change in K.C.

The Chiefs visit the Oakland Raiders in Week 7.
    link
    Last edited by kcvet; 10-13-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    if we gave up another big blow out to Indy mid season is as good as any time to can him. he could be walking a fine line from here on
    Point taken; I have just never been a big fan of mid season HC firings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Point taken; I have just never been a big fan of mid season HC firings.
    its SOP to can em the day after the season ends. but if its true he and Peloi are at odds then it would not surprise me, if things get any worse, Haley is gone. we got 2 W's under our belt so hopefully we're on our way.

I ran thru my seach engine: "Report: Chiefs nearly fired Haley last week" and got a lot of hits.

there's 3 people calling the O plays. this is totally ridiculous

Chiefs Say Nick Wright's Report On Todd Haley Is '100 Percent False'
    by Joel Thorman on Oct 13, 2011 5:07 PM CDT
    As many of you have heard by now, 610 Sports' Nick Wright reported on Thursday afternoon that Kansas City Chiefs GM Scott Pioli was prepared to fire head coach Todd Haley if the Chiefs had lost to the Indianapolis Colts. Wright cited multiple sources within the Chiefs organization for the story.
    The person responsible for making that decision is saying the story is false.
    More accurately, "100 percent false."
    Chiefs GM Scott Pioli went on the record with me for a couple minutes this afternoon and I asked him if Nick Wright's report that he was prepared to fire Haley last week was accurate. Pioli said it was "100 percent false" and strongly refuted the report.
    I asked if there were ever any discussions about firing Haley leading up to the Colts game and, again, he said there was no truth to that.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast