Thread: Uniform Matchup

Default Uniform Matchup

Written before the game.

On an otherwise bland sartorial day for the NFL, our eyeballs are treated to yet another glorious AFL showdown. The players inside the getups may be bitter rivals, but the ever-striking silver-and-black of the Raiders and the Chiefs’ bold, bright red pants and hats make beautiful music together. Matter of fact, you can pencil this one down as a finalist for the Best Uniform Matchup in the all the NFL.
    - Dave Dameshek

I agree with that.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

I could go along with that. This rivalry is the strongest in the AFC-going back to the beginning of the AFL. Red and gold against silver and black. It brings up so many memories and causes a visceral reaction in me that causes my teeth to grind and my pulse to race.

Red and Gold....looks more red and yellow....condiment colors. Gold would be what the niner's or Notre Dame rock. That's gold.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Red and Gold....looks more red and yellow....condiment colors. Gold would be what the niner's or Notre Dame rock. That's gold.
    It's still considered gold.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Hmmm....ok

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

When the Texans began playing in 1960, the team's logo consisted of the state of Texas in white with a yellow star marking the location of the city of Dallas. Originally, Hunt chose Columbia Blue and Orange for the Texans' uniforms, but Bud Adams chose Columbia blue and scarlet for his Houston Oilers franchise. Hunt reverted to red and gold for the Texans' uniforms, which even after the team relocated to Kansas City, remain as the franchise's colors to this day.

From the Chiefs own website.
    Last edited by azchiefsfan; 10-24-2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Link problems in text.

Yoda, you've become a fun opponent, please don't be a dick and start an argument over insulting our colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Well if it wasn't for the semi-metal flake on your helmets, you guys would be black and gray at best, after yesterday's beating, black and blue is more likely the colors your team is seeing today.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post

the steelers are black & gold [yellow] too.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian