Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 7 Takeaways

Default Week 7 Takeaways

The passing game was effective. The interception from Cassel on a drive we were rolling on concerns me. But it is one pass and hopefully is an aberration. The defense was STOUT! Flowers and Carr were all over the receivers. Get Berry back this season and we could defend ANY offense. Breaston and Bowe brought it. The D line was impressive the first 3 quarters. I hope they weren't gassed in the 4th, but they got very little penetration. Battle is the real deal-we need to get back to running hard. Great win and it feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    All-in-all, it was one game. And Cassel's inability to trust his protectors, while seeing countless blitzes, is not the least bit surprising.

I think that the o-line will have to prove the ability to perform as well consistently before Cassel can learn to trust them.

I hope they do.
    This...

the int was a poor throw, he missed a wide open baldwin, threw one behind a well covered bowe, and on a scramble chose the short throw[missed] instead of a wide open uncovered breston downfield for a sure six. was not one of his better days.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

How the hell are so many of you ok with Cassell? Dude has no pocket presence at all and goes fetal at the first sign of pressure. He curls up in a ball instead of stepping up in the pocket. He consistently doesn't even SEE wide open guys down the field.

My god I want a new quarterback.

Hey, San Diego has a pretty good QB. There's a QB for you to cheer for.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet View Post
    How the hell are so many of you ok with Cassell? Dude has no pocket presence at all and goes fetal at the first sign of pressure. He curls up in a ball instead of stepping up in the pocket. He consistently doesn't even SEE wide open guys down the field.

My god I want a new quarterback.
    Pocket? There's a pocket? Where is this pocket you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Hey, San Diego has a pretty good QB. There's a QB for you to cheer for.
    Yeah, I have been a Chief fan for 25 years so I'm going to cheer for Phillis Rivers. Matt Cassell is holding this team back. If you can't see that, then you are an idiot. I want the Chiefs to win a championship, and that just isn't going to happen with Matt Cassell. Telling me to cheer for someone else doesn't change that fact.

Oh yes, only an idiot would disagree with your professional analysis. You don't think highly of yourself or anything, now do you, Genius?

I'm sorry. That's no way to respond to a MENSA member.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet View Post
    Yeah, I have been a Chief fan for 25 years so I'm going to cheer for Phillis Rivers. Matt Cassell is holding this team back. If you can't see that, then you are an idiot. I want the Chiefs to win a championship, and that just isn't going to happen with Matt Cassell. Telling me to cheer for someone else doesn't change that fact.
    You should figure out what a fact is.

Watching people spout lame opinions, and label them as fact is like watching a mentally challenged person hold up a raccoon and tell everybody that it is a cow.

Cassel may not be the second coming of Christ, but one thing is certain.....with the right team behind him he could bring us to a SB. Not because he is so great, but because with the right team any good quarterback can win a Superbowl.

Maybe it is just me, but I'd rather have a TEAM that can win SuperBowls rather than a Quarterback that can win SuperBowls.

Just look at Indy this year.

To my mind the Chiefs have made GREAT STRIDES in the last 3 years and are within 1-2 years of being the kind of team that can DOMINATE the AFC. With Cassel.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one of the truly elite QBs leading our team. But trading for one who had more than a year or two left in him would cost far too much and leave us with a depleted team.

All we would get out of it would be a lot of cheap thrills, a couple of playoff appearances and then we would be back where we were 3 years ago. IN THE CELLAR.

Cassel is what we have now. And he is good enough to get us to the SuperBowl if he has the right team around him. So we go with what we've got and in the meantime we spend some later draft picks and hope we pick up a "sleeper" who can be that STAR we'd all like to have 3-4 years down the road when Cassel runs out of gas.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast