Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That was an *** whipp'n!

Default That was an *** whipp'n!

Defense did it's thing for you. We will see you again and next time it want be pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    That should be one pumped up stadium Monday! From 0-3 to First place in 4 short weeks. Wouldn't that be cool! We REALLY need to win this one!

If it's anything like last year it will be amazing. Monday night games in consecutive years for FIRST PLACE!

I really think this game will set the tone for the rest of our season. If we lose it doesn't mean we will end up with a losing season, but it does make it very unlikely we get in the playoffs. If we win it doesn't mean we'll make the playoffs, but we will have a great chance. I think we have the edge in the game, however, and expect to win a tough and very physical game.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I really think this game will set the tone for the rest of our season. If we lose it doesn't mean we will end up with a losing season, but it does make it very unlikely we get in the playoffs. If we win it doesn't mean we'll make the playoffs, but we will have a great chance. I think we have the edge in the game, however, and expect to win a tough and very physical game.
    I'm with you AZ........

Last week against the Raiders was "survive or be broken".

We survived and got back into the hunt.

This week is "do we compete for the playoffs or do we compete for mediocrity".

Like we did last year, our Chiefs are starting to overperform.....which we must if we are to go anywhere with our injuries..

Overperforming relies a lot on confidence.....something we have built up in the last 4 weeks (yes....the last 4 weeks).

If this game was in Doltland and was our first game against them this year I would not be feeling too good right now.

But this game is......in KC.....on Monday night.....against a team WE KNOW WE ARE CAPABLE OF BEATING!!!! And the prize is TRULY being in the playoff hunt.

I'm expecting a "Think we were good last week?" performance by our D....then watch me now......

And I'm expecting our O to show they can be every bit as good as our D. Our O is going to want to show that the D isn't the only side of our team. I'm expecting KC to win this hard fought game by 10 points going away.

Our TEAM knows they can do it and they WILL do it at Arrowhead on Monday night!!!!

I'm with you AZ........

Last week against the Raiders was "survive or be broken".

We survived and got back into the hunt.

This week is "do we compete for the playoffs or do we compete for mediocrity".

Like we did last year, our Chiefs are starting to overperform.....which we must if we are to go anywhere with our injuries..

Overperforming relies a lot on confidence.....something we have built up in the last 4 weeks (yes....the last 4 weeks).

If this game was in Doltland and was our first game against them this year I would not be feeling too good right now.

But this game is......in KC.....on Monday night.....against a team WE KNOW WE ARE CAPABLE OF BEATING!!!! And the prize is TRULY being in the playoff hunt.

I'm expecting a "Think we were good last week?" performance by our D....then watch me now......

And I'm expecting our O to show they can be every bit as good as our D. Our O is going to want to show that the D isn't the only side of our team. I'm expecting KC to win this hard fought game by 10 points going away.

Our TEAM knows they can do it and they WILL do it at Arrowhead on Monday night!!!!

Good post. My only disagreement is that I don't think the Chiefs are "overperforming." We have some really good players and I think they are finally staring to play up to their potential. Hopefully they continue to improve, because after their next 3 games the Chiefs have their work cut out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Good post. My only disagreement is that I don't think the Chiefs are "overperforming." We have some really good players and I think they are finally staring to play up to their potential. Hopefully they continue to improve, because after their next 3 games the Chiefs have their work cut out for them.
    Thanks TR....

We certainly do have some outstanding players and they are really "stepping up" to make for the injuries we've had. Which is what I meant by "overperforming". Not the best choice of words on my part.

We certainly do have a BIG challenge ahead of us after the next 3 games, but if we go into it at 6-3 I think we can put on a very good showing. Reaching the playoffs would still be a stretch, but if we are still in the hunt on December 24th then I think we have a really good shot. Arrowhead.....Christmas Eve.....Raiders.....Playoffs on the line.....Who wouldn't like our chances under those circumstances?

I am with ya.

I look at the offensive, and defensive lines, and see the night/day difference from the early games, to the recent games, and I lean toward the notion that the groups are starting to "get their footing", as opposed to specifically overachieving.

I do, however, hold some reservations about rather they are actually as good as what they are showing, or if they are maybe being made to look even better by our lower level of opponents.

The O-line did a great job last week against The Raiders. And we all know The Raiders to have a serious pass rush. So they are well on their way to proving that they are actually good.

I am very anxious to see more. This week could make a huge statement about how good this team is.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I do, however, hold some reservations about rather they are actually as good as what they are showing, or if they are maybe being made to look even better by our lower level of opponents.

The O-line did a great job last week against The Raiders. And we all know The Raiders to have a serious pass rush. So they are well on their way to proving that they are actually good.

I am very anxious to see more. This week could make a huge statement about how good this team is.
    I couldn't agree with you more. The level of competition has been pretty weak the last 3 games to say the least, but you can only play against the teams on your schedule

That's why next weeks game is so important for showing what the Chiefs are really made of. If they play like they did the 2nd half of the game at San Diego, they should win. Then we will know they are "for real."

I couldn't agree with you more. The level of competition has been pretty weak the last 3 games to say the least, but you can only play against the teams on your schedule

That's why next weeks game is so important for showing what the Chiefs are really made of. If they play like they did the 2nd half of the game at San Diego, they should win. Then we will know they are "for real."
    Agreed; the last three wins did not exactly provide a litmus test.

Guys....OK...so I am a Homer... But y'know it just seems to me that this team (like last years team) is pulling together and becoming MORE than the sum of its parts. We're becoming a team that cares more about the team's success than individual success.

Call me crazy, but I think a lot of that has to do with Haley. Yeah....he takes some wild (and sometimes stupid) gambles, and perhaps he does get on the other coaches nerves.....but I think the players are responding to his coaching "style".

The playoffs are still a longshot this year, but 3 weeks ago an awful lot of us were wondering if we could even win 6 games this year....others were saying we needed to deliberately throw games so we could get Luck.

SCREW THAT SHIP!!!!!

We have a good team! We have a good coach! We have a good QB. We're getting stronger, better and more confident every week. If it wasn't for all our injuries we would already be sitting atop the AFC West!!!!

Put aside your worries....

Put on your "Homer Hats"......

and yell....

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Remember....On Monday night we are playing the Dolts...in our house....for a share of First place in the AFC West....and we are playing with a 3 game winning streak!!!!!

Remember Tug McGraw in '73......

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!!

Guys....OK...so I am a Homer... But y'know it just seems to me that this team (like last years team) is pulling together and becoming MORE than the sum of its parts. We're becoming a team that cares more about the team's success than individual success.

Call me crazy, but I think a lot of that has to do with Haley. Yeah....he takes some wild (and sometimes stupid) gambles, and perhaps he does get on the other coaches nerves.....but I think the players are responding to his coaching "style".

The playoffs are still a longshot this year, but 3 weeks ago an awful lot of us were wondering if we could even win 6 games this year....others were saying we needed to deliberately throw games so we could get Luck.

SCREW THAT SHIP!!!!!

We have a good team! We have a good coach! We have a good QB. We're getting stronger, better and more confident every week. If it wasn't for all our injuries we would already be sitting atop the AFC West!!!!

Put aside your worries....

Put on your "Homer Hats"......

and yell....

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Remember....On Monday night we are playing the Dolts...in our house....for a share of First place in the AFC West....and we are playing with a 3 game winning streak!!!!!

Remember Tug McGraw in '73......

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast