Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is interested in tailgating as a group for the MNF game?

Default Who is interested in tailgating as a group for the MNF game?

There was some brief discussion mid summer related to Chiefs Crowd members possibly getting together again for a group tailgate at Arrowhead. Seek and I had discussed somewhat coordinating and co-hosting a tailgate as we did last year. MNF is quickly approaching, so I was wondering who all is coming to the game and committed to a Chiefs Crowd tailgate gathering? Without knowing for sure, it's difficult to know what to plan for or not.

Some Chiefs Crowd members are also members of a couple Chiefs related Facebook groups. Some of us had discussed possibly combining the Chiefs Facebook group members & Chiefs Crowd members into one tailgate event. We thought it would be easier than having two different tailgates dividing interests of those belonging to both groups.

If Seek and I are going to try and co-host a tailgate event for Chiefs Crowd, and/or those who belong to the Chiefs FB groups also...we need to begin planning soon. Please give me your thoughts about all this so we can know what to plan for or not. Thanks, and GO CHIEFS!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Forget this post, it's not gonna happen. There is too much drama, conflict and overall negativity among some Chiefs fans personalities at Facebook. I don't want to be a part of any negativity, respectably. I thought maybe by joining tailgates it would be of benefit to all...but I was wrong. Not the first time I've been wrong, won't be the last! hahaha

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

so whats the plan on this? I dont really give two stinks about the facebook groups, but would like to tailgate for MNF with my fellow chiefs crowd folks

I've sent Seek a message, waiting for his reply. Kevin, aka Vanilla, is coming to MNF also. If it's okay with Seek...I'm gonna tailgate with him, & Kevin said he'd like to as well, so he can see Chiefs Crowd friends at some point. If Seeks okay with us joining him, then you, (Cody/Hometeam)...me & Kevin can join him. I don't know if any other Chiefs Crowd members will be at MNF wanting to tailgate together with us or not.

I told Seek I'd bring my baked beans, homemade cookies, etc.. My own beer too of course, haha, and anything else he might need me to related to us from Chiefs Crowd joining him to tailgate MNF.

I told those at FB recently, that I wouldn't be able to coordinate a FB group tailgate. The page owners of one FB group asked me last summer to coordinate a tailgate for MNF. I told them I would need to ask a friend at Chiefs Crowd, (Seek), if he'd be willing to do that, since I assumed we'd have another Chiefs Crowd tailgate MNF. I explained, that I tailgated with Chiefs Crowd friends last MNF, & when a tailgate was held for CC members that is who I'd have plans to tailgate with again.

Seek said he was okay with combining groups, but as time passed it became obvious it's not a good idea to combine groups. Most in the FB Chiefs groups are good hearted fun fans & people...but there are a handful that worry me. I could be wrong, but I don't think their negative personalities would mesh well with personalities of my buddies at Chiefs Crowd. :/

I also had a concern that not enough people would chip in to cover food expenses Seek & I would obtain co-hosting a large tailgate like that. So anyway...if it's okay with Seek, that's who I'll be tailgating with again on MNF! :)

Thats fine with me.. I will have 2 people with me, my girlfriend and of course the ever present traitorous chargers fan best friend.

I can throw in money or food, whatever~

I am actually very relieved of this news. I have young kids, and it is Halloween Night.

Because of that, my normal tailgating people are not going to this game, but I am still going. I don't mind smoking food for people, but I definately want a head count, as the Home Opner last year was half of the people who said they were coming.

Also the Chiefs have become Nazis with parking. They are making it nearly impossible for people to set up shop where they are always used to do it unless you literally get in fights with people over the few spaces not controlled YET.... They even purchased gates, to prevent people from breaking lose and parking where they want. This failed and ended up causing more problems once people did break the containment and parked where they please, cause then people could not get in to fill gaps. I even saw them making people move their already set up spots, and had Tow Trucks lined up if they did not comply.

This did not affect me as I was there early, but to be honest this pissed me off beyond reconciliation. This will be my last year as a season ticket holder. You can put crappy products on the field, but people will still come for the tailgate experience. This Nazi act of controlling General Parking the way they did killed the tradition of Tailgating at Arrowhead. People literally having to walk 300 yards just to get around a gate to meet up with people 10 feet away is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am actually very relieved of this news. I have young kids, and it is Halloween Night.

Because of that, my normal tailgating people are not going to this game, but I am still going. I don't mind smoking food for people, but I definately want a head count, as the Home Opner last year was half of the people who said they were coming.

Also the Chiefs have become Nazis with parking. They are making it nearly impossible for people to set up shop where they are always used to do it unless you literally get in fights with people over the few spaces not controlled YET.... They even purchased gates, to prevent people from breaking lose and parking where they want. This failed and ended up causing more problems once people did break the containment and parked where they please, cause then people could not get in to fill gaps. I even saw them making people move their already set up spots, and had Tow Trucks lined up if they did not comply.

This did not affect me as I was there early, but to be honest this pissed me off beyond reconciliation. This will be my last year as a season ticket holder. You can put crappy products on the field, but people will still come for the tailgate experience. This Nazi act of controlling General Parking the way they did killed the tradition of Tailgating at Arrowhead. People literally having to walk 300 yards just to get around a gate to meet up with people 10 feet away is absurd.
    Oh, I totally agree with the parking issues. I don't understand it AT ALL!!! It use to be so simple, they filled lots first come first serve. My friend & I arrived at Arrowhead before 9 AM attending the Vikings game. He drove to enter gate 2, that's the way he's use to entering & likes lot A so he doesn't have to walk as far to the stadium entrance. We were also gonna meet friends tailgating in Lot A that day. Well, the police on Blue Ridge Cutoff directing traffic, already had gate 2 blocked before 9 AM, even though lot A was 3/4 empty!!

The cops made us enter gate 4 & parking employees were guiding vehicles to park in Lot L, furthest from the stadium!! We were like WTF, A thru D were maybe 1/4 full with people towards the front of each lot tailgating...the entire 3/4 remaining of those lots were empty!!! Why are they doing that...I don't understand?

Okay, back to tailgate plans for just us, lol. The head count on my end is less than 10 people. It's just us few from Chiefs Crowd...me & a friend, hometeam (Cody) & his girlfriend & friend, possibly Kevin aka Vanilla and a couple people he's with. I don't know of any one else from Chiefs Crowd coming to MNF. As I said, I'm not involved in tailgate plans at all now with any from the FB Chiefs groups. I told them politely they're on their own with any tailgate plans, but they won't be attending a tailgate with us friends from Chiefs Crowd.

I have a portable Weber full size grill I can bring, if you prefer not having to smoke any meats, Seek. We can grill Brats, hot dogs, whatever. It's up to you, I'm comfortable with whatever you want to do. I will bring some homemade baked beans, cookies, any thing else I need to bring for us to tailgate together. Just let me know. Also, should we plan to meet up in the front row of Lot N, where I've tailgated with you before, Seek?

Oh, and the last time I tried to park in Lot N, they wouldn't let me, even though Lot N was also 3/4 empty!! I told one of the parking employee's, that I was meeting friends in Lot N, wanted to park close to them where they were tailgating. He was kind enough to let me pass & park by you, Seek...but some of those parking people are downright rude, won't let you pass no matter the explanation you give! I got lucky that last time I tailgated with you during pre-season, with being allowed to park close to y'all.

The season opener this year, my friend & I arrived at the exit off 435 to Stadium Drive/Raytown Road at 9:30...it took us over an hour to move less than a mile in traffic entering the stadium. The traffic delay entering the stadium gate from the West side...was related more to the "Nazi" guided parking inside the stadium, than any traffic issues on the interstate! We weren't backed up on interstate...it took us over an hour to move 1 mile on Stadium Drive, enter the stadium lanes, and be guided where to park.

We entered the gate on the West off Stadium Drive...once past the toll gate they guided us past 3/4 empty Lots, N, G, & F...sending us all the way around from the West lots to Lot D on the East side. Well, then they had a 3/4 empty lot D blocked off too, the parking attendant told us & other people in vehicles to park in the grass wherever we could find a spot. I asked him, "why do we have to park in the grass...lot D is mostly empty, and so are lots N, F, & G they guided us past." He shrugged his shoulders and said, "I'm just following orders, telling people to park in the grass, I don't know why they're blocking off empty lots." Thankfully, some people rearranged their vehicles to make room for us on the grass to park across from a 3/4 empty lot D. Traffic was so backed up as people searched for a place to park on the grass already filled with vehicles, few places to park. :(

I heard traffic became backed up on 435 from the stadium exit to Sni-a-bar way out south, miles from the stadium...as early as 9:45!! The parking confusion inside the stadium is backing up interstate traffic more than it ever was that early!

Ok well, as time gets closer I would really like to nail down times and stuff too, tailgating early to late last time was a blast, gave us plenty of time to drink a few cold ones, relax and we had a ton of fun.

No Canada this time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast