Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: I still don't like Cassell

Default I still don't like Cassell

Another lack luster performance by the 60 million dollar man. I know a bunch of you are going to respond in defense of him but ask yourself this. Has his performance over the past 2 seasons justified his salary? He will have made 40 million by the end of the season. I personally have not seen ANYTHING to justify this.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't blame him for all of that. The "prevent defense" was a bad idea. But some of those losses were completely on the players.
    Yup! How many times have we seen the prevent defense prevent us from winning the game.

One of Cassel's INT's wasn't his fault, went right of Baldwin's hands and into Weddle's. Granted the pass was high but I was always told if you can get a hand on the football you can catch it.

LOVED the game although I about had a heart attack several times. The thing that concerned me was the changes in rhythm in the offense. Did anyone else notice that? How do you put up 10 points in the first quarter and then have one first down in the 2nd quarter and that came with 17 or 18 seconds left in the half. These inconsistent drives are killing us!

Anyway, McClain is looking like Johnny Carson calling 5-3 at the season half point and we're 4-3 right now. Wonder what the swammy is calling for the second half of the season? I REALLY like our chances to win the division. The Raiders will be better but we'll be at home in what more than likely will be a must win game. We split with the Chargers and as long as we show up against Denver I don't see it being a horrible call saying we'll go 2-0 against them. Win, 2 or 3 more and that puts at 9-7 or 10-6 which I think would win us the division.

Like the players have I'm starting to buy in this season after an abysmal start. I was mainly complaining about Cassel after the first 3 games and he's shown me enough to say give me the rest of my humble pie.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    One of Cassel's INT's wasn't his fault, went right of Baldwin's hands and into Weddle's. Granted the pass was high but I was always told if you can get a hand on the football you can catch it.

LOVED the game although I about had a heart attack several times. The thing that concerned me was the changes in rhythm in the offense. Did anyone else notice that? How do you put up 10 points in the first quarter and then have one first down in the 2nd quarter and that came with 17 or 18 seconds left in the half. These inconsistent drives are killing us!

Anyway, McClain is looking like Johnny Carson calling 5-3 at the season half point and we're 4-3 right now. Wonder what the swammy is calling for the second half of the season? I REALLY like our chances to win the division. The Raiders will be better but we'll be at home in what more than likely will be a must win game. We split with the Chargers and as long as we show up against Denver I don't see it being a horrible call saying we'll go 2-0 against them. Win, 2 or 3 more and that puts at 9-7 or 10-6 which I think would win us the division.

Like the players have I'm starting to buy in this season after an abysmal start. I was mainly complaining about Cassel after the first 3 games and he's shown me enough to say give me the rest of my humble pie.
    Yeah I noticed it. I saw it in the 2nd quarter. The play calling went conservative. Chiefs have been winning games cuz they have been aggressive. If the Chiefs would've lost that game, that would've been the reason why. Why the heck would you switch to conservative play calling with only a 10 point lead?!?!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Yeah I noticed it. I saw it in the 2nd quarter. The play calling went conservative. Chiefs have been winning games cuz they have been aggressive. If the Chiefs would've lost that game, that would've been the reason why. Why the heck would you switch to conservative play calling with only a 10 point lead?!?!
    No clue, the Chargers have one of the most dynamic and quick scoring offenses I've seen. A 10 pt lead is easily a 4 point deficit and that could be in a 3 or 4 minute time span.

All I know is moving forward we're going to need a consistent rhythm. Personally I love the fast paced, no huddle rhythm and we seem to move the ball down the field better that way. On a separate note, I wonder if Zorn is getting worked into offensive play calling. He sure did seem to be working with Cassel and the offense a lot last night or maybe I finally got to sit down and watch a game and see what he's normally doing....

I agree
    on one thing last week was a little sad performance by him,but the man is getting the job done and as long as he's getting it done he's the man.If you relly don't like cassel the don't watch.Sorry but good or bad their my team and I stand by them not whine about them.GO CHIEFS

Whoa! I guess some folks watched a different game than I did on Monday. Cassel was throwing the ball short and long as good as anyone in the league. The two INTs were balls put where only the receiver could get it in his hands and were dropped. The 2 empty quarters were caused by Haley or whoever was calling plays at that time going into prevent offense-ala Schottaleadenheimer. Cassel doesn't call his own plays. He wants to air it out-that's what the argument with Haley was about. You think he's not sick of dump passes? If any of you haters actually watched the game, you would've noticed when given the green light he was throwing like a muthafudger. If Haley wants to go conservative, that's on him, but when Cassel was given the keys in OT, he got it done and done well against a(by the way) pretty darn good defense.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Whoa! I guess some folks watched a different game than I did on Monday. Cassel was throwing the ball short and long as good as anyone in the league. The two INTs were balls put where only the receiver could get it in his hands and were dropped. The 2 empty quarters were caused by Haley or whoever was calling plays at that time going into prevent offense-ala Schottaleadenheimer. Cassel doesn't call his own plays. He wants to air it out-that's what the argument with Haley was about. You think he's not sick of dump passes? If any of you haters actually watched the game, you would've noticed when given the green light he was throwing like a muthafudger. If Haley wants to go conservative, that's on him, but when Cassel was given the keys in OT, he got it done and done well against a(by the way) pretty darn good defense.
    The 2nd one wasn't the receivers fault. Cassel didn't get a full release because of the pressure and the ball sailed high and right into Weddle.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Cassel didn't get a full release because of the pressure
    Should have gone to the message parlor.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Should have gone to the message parlor.
    Not the happy ending he would have liked?

Exclamation Castle

Not a fan never have been. Wish I could run into him on the streets to tell how bad I think he sucks. Love my chiefs, HATE Castle! Not talking about todays loss, not all him yes. But still think he's not worth million. Not even a regular joes salary 36-40,000 a year...