Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: I still don't like Cassell

Default I still don't like Cassell

Another lack luster performance by the 60 million dollar man. I know a bunch of you are going to respond in defense of him but ask yourself this. Has his performance over the past 2 seasons justified his salary? He will have made 40 million by the end of the season. I personally have not seen ANYTHING to justify this.

i'm not a fan of cassel not because of his salary but because he will never lead a team to a super bowl

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    i'm not a fan of cassel not because of his salary but because he will never lead a team to a super bowl without a phenomenal defense.
    fixed
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    fixed

thank you forgot that

I want one of you guys who say that Cassel is holding us back to tell me what our record would be this year with a better quarterback. It wouldn't have made a difference in the first 2 games because the whole team played horrible. We still won the last 3 games even with Cassel.

The only game where it might have made a difference was in San Diego. Even then we probably would have had to settle for a FG to tie the game and there is no guarantee we would have won in overtime. I would argue that one of the biggest reasons we even had a chance to win that game was because of Cassel's good play in the 2nd half.

There is a small possibility that we might have one more win this year with a better QB, but we might have won that game with better play at several other positions as well. Cassel is not the problem with the Chiefs and a better QB wouldn't give us any more wins, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I want one of you guys who say that Cassel is holding us back to tell me what our record would be this year with a better quarterback. It wouldn't have made a difference in the first 2 games because the whole team played horrible. We still won the last 3 games even with Cassel.

The only game where it might have made a difference was in San Diego. Even then we probably would have had to settle for a FG to tie the game and there is no guarantee we would have won in overtime. I would argue that one of the biggest reasons we even had a chance to win that game was because of Cassel's good play in the 2nd half.

There is a small possibility that we might have one more win this year with a better QB, but we might have won that game with better play at several other positions as well. Cassel is not the problem with the Chiefs and a better QB wouldn't give us any more wins, IMO.
    Well said! Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well said! Rep!
    Thanks. I'm still waiting for a reply from one of the Cassel "critics", though.

Cassel was one of the biggest reasons we did so well last year. Now this year the season started and the whole team was flat and ineffective and people want to blame someone, so they point at Cassel. That is such a narrow and shortsighted point of view. As the whole team improves, Cassels numbers will go up. The best example of this is last years Colts. Again, undoubtedly Manning is one of the best QB's of our generation. But he had his worst seasons ever because of the team around him falling apart. How is it such a phenomenal QB gets a pass because of the poor team play, but on a rebuilding and injured team like the Chiefs, Cassel doesn't get the benefit of the doubt? Cassel is not a Dan Fouts/Dan Marino long-ball QB. Neither was the greatest(by Super Bowl wins) Joe Montana. If it was up to Montana throwing 30 yard + passes, San Fran wouldn't have won a single Super Bowl. The converse can actually be inferred when looking at Steve Young, who was more of a long-ball passer only getting one Super Bowl and that was when they were using him in the Montana short-pass scheme. Once our O line and receivers are up to above average play, you will see the quick strike, NE style ball play and these same haters will be on the bandwagon again. It's called building a friggin team. And I, for one, think Cassel is the perfect play caller for the job.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. Feel better now?

As a Chiefs fan it is very important to me that nobody gets paid a dime more than they deserve and that nobody gets paid a dime less than they deserve becuase ... um ... like, ticket prices ... team solvency and stuff ... and um ... Parking is to high, I guess. I don't know, I've never actually been to a Chiefs game, but someone must be getting screwed!

Doctors and lawyers and politicians are overpaid, too.

I hate that!
    Not to try and be a d*ck or anything but parking fees seriously suck. I had season tickets a few years back and not that I'm rolling in money but I stretched a bit because I wanted to have season tickets and go to the games etc. What I wasn't counting on was $25 to park each game, now it's $27...so tack on another $250 for the season I had tickets and $270 this year. Parking does suck and to me anyone who dismisses that must enjoy setting money on fire too.

I'll agree that Cassel is overpaid. I've gone around this discussion with some and to most it doesn't matter. So at this point I'd agree that there's no point in doing this...

Last edited by OPLookn; 10-26-2011 at 12:47 PM.

I like this game, I'll play the what if game too. What if the other QB who's better than Cassel as you said, has been playing with Bowe, reads defenses and can throw accurate passes leads us down the field to throw the winning touchdown.

You're throwing out speculation and acting as if it has no bearing. I'll give you another scenario since it's just one game. Take any game we won last year in our 10-6 season and reverse the outcome..we're 9-7 and San Diego would be divisional champs.

Bottom line is we have an average and inaccurate deep ball throwing QB that threw the INT to stop the winning drive. We have no clue how over the course of the season that win will or won't help us repeat as division champs.

Cassel was awful against Buffalo and Detroit and it's not because the whole team was inept. Cassel made history with the lowest net yardage per attempt with at least 20 attempts. 4 yards per pass is an absolute joke. That against Buffalo.

Then, the following week against Detroit, he follows up that disaster by forcing stupid throws resulting in 3 picks, which lead to a large amount of Detroit's 48 points. Don't forget his fumble, which also lead to a TD. Then he goes and loses the game against SD.

If we had a better QB, no doubt, we'd have won against SD. Maybe not against Buffalo and Detroit, but we may have been a bit more competitive.

As for Peyton Manning getting a pass, did you see who he was playing with last year? I'd love to see how he would've done with Bowe, Charles, and Moeaki.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast