Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 133

Thread: I still don't like Cassell

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default I still don't like Cassell


    0 Not allowed!
    Another lack luster performance by the 60 million dollar man. I know a bunch of you are going to respond in defense of him but ask yourself this. Has his performance over the past 2 seasons justified his salary? He will have made 40 million by the end of the season. I personally have not seen ANYTHING to justify this.

  2. #51
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It is speculative on my part, just as is it on yours.

    But, considering that we openly admitted to trying to get the ball to McCluster a certain number of times per game, I find it difficult to believe that a majority of the "screen passes" are not by design.

    When one takes into account the level of Play Cassel was at last season, and compares it to the type of play he managed early this year, I don't get how any conclusion can be arrived at that doesn't focus on the coaching changes.

    Did the QB change, or did the offensive game-planning change?

    Well, the QB is the same. But the game-planning is being done by someone different.

    How does anybody come to the conclusion that the QB is the reason the offense looks so much different?

    And, how do you expect the execution of the blocking to better, when all other execution of blocking had been completely terrible?

    By the way, I am as thrilled as anyone could possibly be to see the blocking come together last week, and noticed Cassel's inability to be comfortable with the protection.

    I think that will come with time, so long as the blocking can continue to provide a real pocket.
    Sure, it is speculation.

    I also see that Cassel is the same QB this year as he was last year. The Chiefs would like to run the same offense this year that they did last year, but that is not going to happen without Charles in the lineup. So now you are left with an aging Jones and a perennial backup in Battle. No real threat there, so where does the threat come from?

    Well now it has to come from the receivers, but without a QB who can hit those guys more than 6 yards down the field, the offense is anemic. I think that is what we see.

    The other thing to remember, and I commented on this before, I think Cassel is ruined, we have had such a horrible offensive line since he has come here that he has trained himself to take the safety valve.

    By the way, for those who say we should all shut up and quit talking about this, I thought this was what this board was for. I certainly read through enough idiotic mock drafts in the offseason.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  3. #52
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    674
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Sure, it is speculation.

    I also see that Cassel is the same QB this year as he was last year. The Chiefs would like to run the same offense this year that they did last year, but that is not going to happen without Charles in the lineup. So now you are left with an aging Jones and a perennial backup in Battle. No real threat there, so where does the threat come from?

    Well now it has to come from the receivers, but without a QB who can hit those guys more than 6 yards down the field, the offense is anemic. I think that is what we see.

    The other thing to remember, and I commented on this before, I think Cassel is ruined, we have had such a horrible offensive line since he has come here that he has trained himself to take the safety valve.

    By the way, for those who say we should all shut up and quit talking about this, I thought this was what this board was for. I certainly read through enough idiotic mock drafts in the offseason.


    AMEN to that! I think optimism is a good thing, don't get me wrong but some of you that defend Cassel go beyond optimism when it's clear that he sucks more games the he doesn't and still say he's a great QB. WOW!

  4. #53
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    El Paso,TX
    Posts
    545
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i like Cassel!

  5. #54
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,373
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 59

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Arrowhead, MNF, Halloween! This could indeed be a Nightmare! They only thing better would be a rainstorm! Hahaaaaaah!!!!!! dolts should be afraid!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jggfnog7yIM"]Moonlight ft Halloween theme and Howling Wolves - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 10-28-2011 at 12:22 AM.

  6. #55
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    clearlake,calif.
    Posts
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsofaking View Post
    Another lack luster performance by the 60 million dollar man. I know a bunch of you are going to respond in defense of him but ask yourself this. Has his performance over the past 2 seasons justified his salary? He will have made 40 million by the end of the season. I personally have not seen ANYTHING to justify this.

  7. #56
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    clearlake,calif.
    Posts
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    check it out the man[matt cassel has more know how on getting the job done than most of you idiots know about working a remote.It's a team sport and when everyone is on the same page then things are sweet,if not and you don't like it changethe channel.You could always ask him for his job.GO CHIEFS

  8. #57
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmeat View Post
    check it out the man[matt cassel has more know how on getting the job done than most of you idiots know about working a remote.It's a team sport and when everyone is on the same page then things are sweet,if not and you don't like it changethe channel.You could always ask him for his job.GO CHIEFS
    Oh great, another "true fan" who comes on here saying we should praise the all-mighty Cassel and that everything he does is perfect. What's the point of having a forum if there isn't any contradictory opinions?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  9. #58
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    AMEN to that! I think optimism is a good thing, don't get me wrong but some of you that defend Cassel go beyond optimism when it's clear that he sucks more games the he doesn't and still say he's a great QB. WOW!
    Has anybody actually even said "he's great"? But I have seen plenty of people say that he is worthless.

    Neither is realistic.

    I am one of Cassel's top defenders here. And that's only against the unevenly harsh criticism.

    The reason Cassel gets so much extra leeway from me is bacause I fully expected him to be worthless, just like so many others, but he made fools of us.

    He played exceptionally well in leading what had been a horrible team to the division crown and a 10-6 record.

    Now.....

    Having seen that I was wrong about what he is capable with this team, I fully admit that he can do far better than what I gave him credit for.

    Too many people just refuse to be wrong, rather there is proof they are, or not.

    And, when considering the terrible hand that he has been dealt, I find it impossible to not give him a lot of respect for what he has accomplished.

    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Oh great, another "true fan" who comes on here saying we should praise the all-mighty Cassel and that everything he does is perfect. What's the point of having a forum if there isn't any contradictory opinions?
    Quote where someone said "everything he does is perfect".

    That kind of "arguing" is the sign of a total failure to present a real case.

    If nobody has said that, then who do you think you are debating?

  10. #59
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You know what I meant chief31. You've known me long enough to be able to read into my posts, rather than take them literally.

    You honestly expect me to listen to a brand new member who decides to post in this thread with an insult and saying we should change the channel just because we think Cassel sucks? Sorry, but that won't sit well with me.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  11. #60
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Has anybody actually even said "he's great"? But I have seen plenty of people say that he is worthless.

    Neither is realistic.
    Exactly. If anyone has said he is a great QB, then I missed that post. I've seen a couple who said he could be an elite QB with the right players around him, but nobody has said he is. I personally think that "elite" defines a very small group and it would be a stretch to say that Cassel will ever be in that group.

    As you clearly understand, that is not what this debate is about. Some are saying he sucks, or he is a bad or below average QB. That is simply not true.

    The question is not "is he great or does he suck?" The debate should be "Is he good enough to lead the Chiefs to a Superbowl?" I believe he is, or can be with the right weapons on offense. Those that disagree have made some legitimate arguments in their favor. He lacks accuracy on deep passes, lacks arm strength and checks down too quickly to his 2nd and 3rd options. I believe all of these things with the exception of arm strength can be overcome with more of a passing threat than just Bowe and better protection from the O-line. I think arm strength is overrated. Plenty of very good QBs rarely threw the ball over 20 yds or so.

    I've enjoyed this thread and good points have been made on both sides, but if you want your argument to be taken seriously, you need to stay away from hyberbolic statements like "he sucks" or "he can't lead a comeback."

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cassell and bowe
    By marloweopatchiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 04:32 PM
  2. Cassell or WR's
    By nigeriannightmare in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 12:55 AM
  3. Cassell
    By jtandcrew in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 02:18 AM
  4. Cassell Doesn't Need Moss!
    By Big Daddy Tek in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 08:54 PM
  5. Matt Cassell to the Chiefs?
    By tenacious in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 02:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •