Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I still don't like Cassell

Default I still don't like Cassell

Another lack luster performance by the 60 million dollar man. I know a bunch of you are going to respond in defense of him but ask yourself this. Has his performance over the past 2 seasons justified his salary? He will have made 40 million by the end of the season. I personally have not seen ANYTHING to justify this.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Okay, maybe he doesn't "suck", but I think after nearly two decades without a playoff win, it's about time to get an "elite" QB, not one that can just do enough to not screw everything up.

I know I'll get blasted for it, but if this running game doesn't start doing better, it could be a long road for the whole Chiefs offense. (yes, I know we're 7th in the league in rushing, but the fact that Arenas was used as a gimmick to get a TD says something)
    Uhhhhh Trent played like an "elite" QB with the Chiefs 6 years ago......
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet View Post
    Pretty sure the name is "I am sofa king."

Like "I am sofa king stoned that I can't type."
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post

I read it as "I am so faking" as well.

Maybe he should have typed it like this :"IAmSofaKing" or something...

So far as post count, we may all be right!

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Uhhhhh Trent played like an "elite" QB with the Chiefs 6 years ago......
    Trent was good but not quite elite imo. I would only count two of his years in the elite category.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

WHO CARES how much money Cassel makes???? It's not like he is costing us cap space and keeping us from getting or keeping quality players. How much Cassel gets paid is between Cassel's agent, Pioli and Hunt.

Like any other Chiefs fan, I wish we had someone of the caliber of Montana, Staubach, Elway or any of the other elite QBs from the past. BUT WE DON'T!!! What we have is Cassel!

If you think Cassel is the wrong QB for the Chiefs, then complain about Pioli, NOT Cassel

Meantime, with Cassel as QB we won the AFC West last year and in 2 days we'll be playing for a share of 1st place in the AFC West! And we're doing it with both Charles and Moeaki out for the year. Pretty impressive as far as I am concerned.

I'd be real interested to hear who the Cassel haters think we should pick up to replace Cassel......

Until I hear that then all these complaints are just WHINING!!!!

And

I am still firmly behind Cassel. I would add, however, that he has shown "elite" skills many times. But then there are other times he looks like he is going for the Brodie Croyle Award of Incompetence. I think it is his nervousness from his first season here and getting the shiite kicked out of him every snap. I want desperately for the elite Cassel to show up every game and I really think he can and will as our whole offense improves. But I won't discount, completely, those who are genuinely upset by the not-so-elite Cassel. I just think we all need to rally behind him and expect great things. There is something to the power of positive thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    WHO CARES how much money Cassel makes???? It's not like he is costing us cap space and keeping us from getting or keeping quality players. How much Cassel gets paid is between Cassel's agent, Pioli and Hunt.

Like any other Chiefs fan, I wish we had someone of the caliber of Montana, Staubach, Elway or any of the other elite QBs from the past. BUT WE DON'T!!! What we have is Cassel!

If you think Cassel is the wrong QB for the Chiefs, then complain about Pioli, NOT Cassel

Meantime, with Cassel as QB we won the AFC West last year and in 2 days we'll be playing for a share of 1st place in the AFC West! And we're doing it with both Charles and Moeaki out for the year. Pretty impressive as far as I am concerned.

I'd be real interested to hear who the Cassel haters think we should pick up to replace Cassel......

Until I hear that then all these complaints are just WHINING!!!!

And

After the first two games, I would've said Andrew Luck. That won't be happening now, so it'll probably be Cassel until he starts doing terrible or Stanzi is ready.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Trent was good but not quite elite imo. I would only count two of his years in the elite category.
    OK well there you go. In those 2 years having an "elite" qb wasn't the "answer" to winning a Super Bowl was it?
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

I've nothing against us seeking an "elite" QB through the draft. I think we SHOULD!!!!

But complaining about Cassel is POINTLESS. He is what we have unless and until we draft one or can get one the way we did Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I've nothing against us seeking an "elite" QB through the draft. I think we SHOULD!!!!

But complaining about Cassel is POINTLESS. He is what we have unless and until we draft one or can get one the way we did Montana.
    I agree. Teams are ALWAYS and SHOULD seek an "elite" qb. But it's the answer to a Super Bowl. It's just 1 piece of the puzzle. But to say Cassel sucks or is horrible is complete nonsense. If the Chiefs continue to run their offense the way they have been the last 3 1/2 games, Cassel can be a top 5 QB this season and a top 10 for sure. Just like last year.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

After watching the third Stanford game this season all I can say is I believe Luck will be a bust in the NFL. He is the most over-hyped QB in college football since Tim Tebow. He is the beneficiary of VERY friendly officiating and receivers who catch junk ball after junk ball. The wonder of Stanford is not the QB, it is the receivers. I can't wait until he plays a secondary like LSU or Oklahoma. He will have 10 interception in one game. The guy has some mobility but, as a quarterback, is a loose cannon with receivers who work miracles.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast