Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: I still don't like Cassell

Default I still don't like Cassell

Another lack luster performance by the 60 million dollar man. I know a bunch of you are going to respond in defense of him but ask yourself this. Has his performance over the past 2 seasons justified his salary? He will have made 40 million by the end of the season. I personally have not seen ANYTHING to justify this.

I did not have any real issues with Cassell's play tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    You're right. That will be all they talk about. What won't be talked about (and should be) is that the Chargers won the toss and had a chance to win the game in overtime. But the Chiefs held them to 3 and out and then our offense marched right down the field to set up the winning FG.

They deserve a lot of credit for that.
    I totally agree. A lot of what you heard from Gruden, Jaws, and the rest of the ESPN post game show guys, was Chargers this, Chargers that, Rivers this, Rivers that. You finally get a break when they show the Haley interview (although shorter than Norv's) and talk with Cassel.

On topic: I hope KC gets some trash time in an upcoming game and they let Stanzi get some snaps. I'm an Iowa fan and enjoyed watching him play and would much rather see him than Palco. I believe Stanzi is one of those guys that sits as a backup, has talent, doesn't see game time, but could be a good quarterback in the NFL (better than Tebow for sure).

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I think you are forgetting something....

Once upon a time....
    Well, it was different when we had Trent Green, but you have to remember our defense wasn't that great. Yes it would be nice to have seasons like that all the time, but it usually doesn't happen like that.

Quote Originally Posted by lovenflrefs1 View Post
    Well, it was different when we had Trent Green, but you have to remember our defense wasn't that great. Yes it would be nice to have seasons like that all the time, but it usually doesn't happen like that.

Yeah, I hear ya. Just pointing out the little error here....

Yes it would be nice to put up a lot of points like the Saints or Green Bay, but that's just not KC style football and it really hasn't been for as long as I can remember.
    Just trying to help jar your memory.

Yeah, I hear ya. Just pointing out the little error here....

Just trying to help jar your memory.
    I was thinking about putting "besides when we had Trent Green, Priest, Tony Richardson, Tony G., the best offensive line ever assembled, and Dante Hall tearing up the returns" but only being able to give one example made me sad. Even when we had Montana it was all about the defense.. Damn I miss that defense.

I was thinking about putting "besides when we had Trent Green, Priest, Tony Richardson, Tony G., the best offensive line ever assembled, and Dante Hall tearing up the returns" but only being able to give one example made me sad. Even when we had Montana it was all about the defense.. Damn I miss that defense.

I am growing quite fond of the current defense. But I miss them too.

I am growing quite fond of the current defense. But I miss them too.
    Your signature says it all, as I'm sure most of the people here adored DT and what he stood for, he along with Neil Smith, Dale Carter, Dan Saleamua, Albert Lewis, Kevin Ross, Tracy Simian, etc, did so much in the early-mid '90s, and they were great to watch. Just so disappointing they couldn't get passed game 1 of the playoffs, or beat Bills in the AFC Championship (just so you know, the Bills could lose AGAIN). Great times..

But with the current defense, they are making quite an impact and I'm looking forward to seeing how some of them mature this year and the coming years. Hopefully though, they get a defensive lineman who can actually rush the QB.

Your signature says it all, as I'm sure most of the people here adored DT and what he stood for, he along with Neil Smith, Dale Carter, Dan Saleamua, Albert Lewis, Kevin Ross, Tracy Simian, etc, did so much in the early-mid '90s, and they were great to watch. Just so disappointing they couldn't get passed game 1 of the playoffs, or beat Bills in the AFC Championship (just so you know, the Bills could lose AGAIN). Great times..

But with the current defense, they are making quite an impact and I'm looking forward to seeing how some of them mature this year and the coming years. Hopefully though, they get a defensive lineman who can actually rush the QB.
    It was a defense for the ages.

Did you notice Marty in the booth? I think he wearing Chiefs red.

But I expect to start getting more pressure from the d-line before the season is up.

It was a defense for the ages.

Did you notice Marty in the booth? I think he wearing Chiefs red.

But I expect to start getting more pressure from the d-line before the season is up.
    LOL yeah Marty! We were like "WTF is Marty doing in the booth, wearing Chiefs colors?" Great coach, too bad he always seemed to choke in game 1 :)

They look like they are trying to show some hustle, but compared to some other teams, they just don't seem to get enough pressure up front. Last week against the Raiders though, you could have called almost every interception because of the pressure they got on the QBs. Tonight, they were just average and I think Tomba and Derrick saved them from being completely abysmal.
    Last edited by lovenflrefs1; 11-01-2011 at 02:18 AM.

LOL yeah Marty! We were like "WTF is Marty doing in the booth, wearing Chiefs colors?" Great coach, too bad he always seemed to choke in game 1 :)
    I don't blame him for all of that. The "prevent defense" was a bad idea. But some of those losses were completely on the players.