Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I still don't like Cassell

Default I still don't like Cassell

Another lack luster performance by the 60 million dollar man. I know a bunch of you are going to respond in defense of him but ask yourself this. Has his performance over the past 2 seasons justified his salary? He will have made 40 million by the end of the season. I personally have not seen ANYTHING to justify this.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    You know what I meant chief31. You've known me long enough to be able to read into my posts, rather than take them literally.

You honestly expect me to listen to a brand new member who decides to post in this thread with an insult and saying we should change the channel just because we think Cassel sucks? Sorry, but that won't sit well with me.
    What does being a new member have to do with anything?
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    What does being a new member have to do with anything?
    How would you feel if I just registered for this forum and criticized you for your opinion?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

First of all I said he sucked in most games this year. He might not suck overall but he does not play up to expectations. We all remember how well he played last year and I expected to at least see the same Cassel but IMO it's not even close so far. Maybe it's the schedule and the o-line on occasions however when the opportunity is there for him to take. HE DOESN'T!

You know what I meant chief31. You've known me long enough to be able to read into my posts, rather than take them literally.

You honestly expect me to listen to a brand new member who decides to post in this thread with an insult and saying we should change the channel just because we think Cassel sucks? Sorry, but that won't sit well with me.
    You are guilty of the same thing that you are complaining about. Exaggerating another's point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    First of all I said he sucked in most games this year. He might not suck overall but he does not play up to expectations. We all remember how well he played last year and I expected to at least see the same Cassel but IMO it's not even close so far. Maybe it's the schedule and the o-line on occasions however when the opportunity is there for him to take. HE DOESN'T!
    He has.

He has missed some. The Chargers game, obviously, and the Raiders game had Cassel missing golden opportunites.

But the previous two games he did very well.

AN ugly start, and some inconsistency should be expected, considering the change of OC and the absence of the biggest cog to last season's offense (Charles).

If he is unable to grow with the offense, should it continue to look better around him, then I would be willing to be more critical of him.

But, so far, all changes considered, he has done as well as I would expect of any QB.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    You are guilty of the same thing that you are complaining about. Exaggerating another's point of view.

He has.

He has missed some. The Chargers game, obviously, and the Raiders game had Cassel missing golden opportunites.

AN ugly start, and some inconsistency should be expected, considering the change of OC and the absence of the biggest cog to last season's offense (Charles).

If he is unable to grow with the offense, should it continue to look better around him, then I would be willing to be more critical of him.

But, so far, all changes considered, he has done as well as I would expect of any QB.
    Quit being so reasonable! You are just making excuses for him because it's the truth!

... I'm sorry. I got nuthin'
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 10-28-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Has anybody actually even said "he's great"? But I have seen plenty of people say that he is worthless.

Neither is realistic.

I am one of Cassel's top defenders here. And that's only against the unevenly harsh criticism.

The reason Cassel gets so much extra leeway from me is bacause I fully expected him to be worthless, just like so many others, but he made fools of us.

He played exceptionally well in leading what had been a horrible team to the division crown and a 10-6 record.

Now.....

Having seen that I was wrong about what he is capable with this team, I fully admit that he can do far better than what I gave him credit for.

Too many people just refuse to be wrong, rather there is proof they are, or not.

And, when considering the terrible hand that he has been dealt, I find it impossible to not give him a lot of respect for what he has accomplished.

Quote where someone said "everything he does is perfect".

That kind of "arguing" is the sign of a total failure to present a real case.

If nobody has said that, then who do you think you are debating?
    Oh there you go again presenting sound arguments and all!

...Good job!

How would you feel if I just registered for this forum and criticized you for your opinion?
    Again, what does being a new member have to do with anything? So peoples' opinion are now based off how many post you have? This is the type of crap that steers people from joining new forums.

EVERY ONE has to start somewhere. Just remember, YOU were one of those people as well at one point.

Back at the subject of Cassel. If you're expecting Cassel to be a Brady, Manning, or Brees then just stop. Cassel is a GOOD "game manager". This subject has been talked about over and over again.

I got to witness first hand last week Cassel play the Raiders. He has improved a LOT to me with back shoulder and slant passes. If he can keep those 2 passes up and on point, the Chiefs offense to run just fine.

Oh and I remember the other week they mentioned something pretty interesting as well about the Chiefs. They said the Chiefs were the WORST in the nfl in 3rd and short but the BEST at 3rd in long. That means Cassel is hitting the longer passes which is a big confidence booster for him.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

He has.

AS WELL AS YOU EXPECT FROM ANY QB MAKING 60 MILLION. NO WAY!

Okay, maybe he doesn't "suck", but I think after nearly two decades without a playoff win, it's about time to get an "elite" QB, not one that can just do enough to not screw everything up.

I know I'll get blasted for it, but if this running game doesn't start doing better, it could be a long road for the whole Chiefs offense. (yes, I know we're 7th in the league in rushing, but the fact that Arenas was used as a gimmick to get a TD says something)
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Okay, maybe he doesn't "suck", but I think after nearly two decades without a playoff win, it's about time to get an "elite" QB, not one that can just do enough to not screw everything up.

I know I'll get blasted for it, but if this running game doesn't start doing better, it could be a long road for the whole Chiefs offense. (yes, I know we're 7th in the league in rushing, but the fact that Arenas was used as a gimmick to get a TD says something)
    We incorporated good old fashioned ingenuity???

j/k

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast