Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: I still don't like Cassell

Default I still don't like Cassell

Another lack luster performance by the 60 million dollar man. I know a bunch of you are going to respond in defense of him but ask yourself this. Has his performance over the past 2 seasons justified his salary? He will have made 40 million by the end of the season. I personally have not seen ANYTHING to justify this.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Why is it sad that Topeka is only an hour and a half form the stadium? Should it be closer or farther away?

Yes I am a Chiefs fan. Have i not mad that clear?
    Sad u have never been to a game. Not that far from u whats your reason? If u were there today u would no that the fan of the year award went to a chiefs FAN that lives in minnesota that hasn't missed a game. How come your not there helping pay for your boys salary?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc-ben View Post
    Sad u have never been to a game. Not that far from u whats your reason? If u were there today u would no that the fan of the year award went to a chiefs FAN that lives in minnesota that hasn't missed a game. How come your not there helping pay for your boys salary?
    Oj, okay. I misunderstood what you were saying because you quoted yourself. I just assumed your comment was directed at me because you mentioned Topeka.

I have never been to a game because I can't afford it. Much of the time I have lived in Topeka, I have had to work on Sundays. Right now I am unemployed. But I would love to go see a game in person. Would you like to buy me a ticket and pick me up? I'll try to scrounge up enough cash to split the parking with you.

Today, not Cassels fault.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Today, not Cassels fault.
    Absolutely agreed; we had no running game to speak of and Cassel was consistently running for his life.

This game against Miami was a strategic loss. Now Colts are in front of the Luck race. They will draft him, release Peyton, and the only team with salary cap space are the Chiefs. With this win, we'll get Manning (the good one).

So, are we happy now?
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    This game against Miami was a strategic loss. Now Colts are in front of the Luck race. They will draft him, release Peyton, and the only team with salary cap space are the Chiefs. With this win, we'll get Manning (the good one).

So, are we happy now?
    Now that right there is an interesting idea. Although at 35 he is getting towards the end of his career.

I don't see the Chiefs signing Manning. If we were a QB away from a super bowl contenting team maybe, but we have far too many issues to blow that kind of money on a short term QB. Besides I would be surprised if He ever fully recovers and performs like he used to.

Now to Cassel, I don't really care for him either but, where could we have gotten a better option? (I'm not aware of any). My biggest complaint with him is he doesn't get the ball to the WR quick enough, his release and reaction is slow. He has a decent run game that should help him in the passing game, but it seems to me the blame lies with the coaching and or play calls. If the run game gets stuffed we have to open it with a few 3 or 4 step passes and it seems like we the fans are the only ones who don't like the play calls. Clearly our weaknest is picking up the blitz. Our opponents know to blitz and our team falls apart. We have to find a way to make these teams pay for blitzing and our coaches don't get it. We should have more plays for blitzes. How hard is it to play from the shotgun and fire a quick pass? You don't need any blockers for that. We have the right receivers for that. Haley is loosing me really fast. As for now Cassel is our very best option therefore hes the MAN. like it or not thats who we have. We can complain about Cassel every week, but bottom line is, its going to be a long rest of the season if the coaches don't do their job.

So, are we happy now?
    An interesting scenario and a huge gamble for Haley if he is indeed on the hot seat. I'm not buying it, but I have been wrong before. I just don't see Clark letting go of the kind of money it would take to get Manning.

So, are we happy now?
    Seek help.

So, are we happy now?
    Eli would be a better fit.

Peyton would never be able to function here in the remaining time he has left. He didn't exactly light it up last season once their o line began to crumble. Here he would be on IR faster than Bob Sanders in any year Bob was "healthy". Manning is not a scrambling qb and we know Cassel can take a hit.... or several each week.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast