Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bears Release Veteran SS Chris Harris..Chiefs Pickup?

Default Bears Release Veteran SS Chris Harris..Chiefs Pickup?

Just heard that the Bears released their starting Strong Safety Chris Harris.

With Berry out, I know we have been playing well, but what are the thoughts of picking him up for depth (could even start over McGraw later on in the year, and add SS depth for after this year, when Berry returns)...

I don't really know the guys personality, but I looked at his stats and they are solid.

He has 82 starts in 88 games. In 6 Seasons averaged 80 Tackles a season (High 96, Low 54) Has 15 ints, and 12 Forced Fumbles as well.

From what I understand, Chicago wanted to get younger at the Position (Drafted Major Wright last year in round 3, and Chris Conte, in the 3rd round this year, so he was expendable) He started the season as a starter, injured his hamstring, came back and got benched for a game supposedly because he wasn't fully healed, he then started for them last week, and was requesting a trade before the deadline, but they ended up just releasing him because they couldn't get a deal done.

what are your thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I doubt The Chiefs would have been too high on his list of potential suitors anyway.

In all likelihood, he would probably rather go where he has a better chance of being the long-term starter.

With Berry here, I have to imagine that we would be a team less likely to fit that bill.

But, since The Lions pounced, my whole point is just an exercise.
    Actually, if he came here he waould definitely be starting this year, assuming his knee is fully healed. He would probably be starting next year along side Berry as well, so his lack of special teams ability wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue here as it is in Chicago. The Chiefs have plenty of cap room to sign him, too. But it doesn't matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Actually, if he came here he waould definitely be starting this year, assuming his knee is fully healed. He would probably be starting next year along side Berry as well, so his lack of special teams ability wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue here as it is in Chicago. The Chiefs have plenty of cap room to sign him, too. But it doesn't matter anymore.

No, I'm pretty sure Kendrick Lewis will continue to start alongside Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure Kendrick Lewis will continue to start alongside Berry.
    Well, yeah, I'm sure he will NOW, but if Harris can return to the level he played at last year he might have been able to take away Lewis's spot. It would have been very competitive, at least.

Default harris

The thing is you have a core of ss officiers that are playing a really good game youth and all.It would be great for berry to jump back but to possibly undermine the other guys work by briing in a proven pro could mess things up,so let the boys play.If you do bring in harris then make sure you don't defile the integrety of the other players.Are boys are fine.GO CHIEFS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123